Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #91
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Well still some happy riders despite protest.
Attached Images

Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #92
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Short special 150 km

Last chance to get a podium position, tried my best and came in 5th position 1 minute 40 sec to second place.

Really nice stage sandy tracks in the beginning and some fast stages in the middle, finish there really spectacular like riding on the Chinese wall.

Summary

Not really satisfied with my result targeted a top 5 position, but I'm lacking some speed right now and I need to be more fit for long day's as I can't run anymore I need to bring a bicycle for training in UB.

Anyway best foreigner 1st position in Super production over 450cc, 1st position in non KTM,Honda,Yamaha category.

Team manager
Stina managed the team without any problem, paid stolen towels, fixed a Ger instead of a tents, handing out daily food rations, mounted up and down tents, fetched our luggage when the truck arrived, reported to Sweden, cleaned at the service area, photographed enormously but unfortunately, many images were lost due to technicalities.

Now it is very easy to control up Berglund brothers who are known for their social skill agility to solve eventual conflicts and in the same time they are always right :)

Brother
Well once again a great experience together, disappointed due to the technical failure but remained calm and supported myself to the end.

Other participants
Japanese, great group of riders some adventure riders who used the time to maximum, some really good riders. #17 Tomoyasu Ikeda, Japanese endurochamp hired by main sponsor to be in top, but he crashed out day 2 hitting a ground wave in high. Two female riders who made it all the way overall quite good English.

Koreans, also a great group of riders a little bit more money and round belly's a few young guys on Rally converted 690 who needs a little more navigation experience and they will be quick in the future.

Mongols, majority really nice people and some of the riders are really fast and they have a great way of reading the landscape and take the shortest way between two points.

Organization overall a professional team, majority don't speak English and surprisingly nobody speaks Swedish the most popular language in Sweden. They selected a few translators for us and you can't complain if you get Mr Kenjiro Shinozuka 1997 winner of Dakar as your translator at all briefings.

Race structure I would like to see some more dune riding, and if they are really serious in promoting this rally as a race with fair competition they must include minimum 1 secret check point per stage.

Value for money well quite expensive compared with Tuareg, Albania, Hellas etc, but this rally is far more a adventure compared with Tuareg who is more like charter, the Mongolia landscape can't be described you must see it for your self.

Will I do it again, for sure if they add secret check points and I'm still in Mongolia next year. If anybody is seriously interested to join let me know.
Attached Images

Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote