User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #556
3legs OP
Real men ride sidecars

Oddometer: 997
G'day.

I know something you guys don't know but I'm not going to tell you It has absolutely nothing to to with Clancy, honestly, trust me, the cheques in the mail and I promise I won't cum in your mouth.

The threat of death is a pretty good good way of keeping my mouth shut ( I can just hear the groans of people saying I wish he would keep it shut more often).

Hi TD, Gad and Johno.

3legs
3legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #557
pops
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
R1150GSA
Lets see how far off I am(spot on I think)

Not a 1150 gsa Johno. To unreliable .

We have only done 45000 easy kms on our GSA sidecar and already had to replace a tailshaft a fuse and a fuel hose connector.

Cheers Ian.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #558
johno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,910
At least it has done those ks. If it was a KTM, it would be stuffed by now.
Howdy Alex
Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 AM   #559
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
G'day.

I know something you guys don't know but I'm not going to tell you It has absolutely nothing to to with Clancy, honestly, trust me, the cheques in the mail and I promise I won't cum in your mouth.

The threat of death is a pretty good good way of keeping my mouth shut ( I can just hear the groans of people saying I wish he would keep it shut more often).

Hi TD, Gad and Johno.

3legs

Yeah, you're not wrong.
FFS, you blokes are worse than a bunch of sheilas
Old 01-31-2011, 02:04 AM   #560
Clancy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by pops View Post
Not a 1150 gsa Johno. To unreliable .

We have only done 45000 easy kms on our GSA sidecar and already had to replace a tailshaft a fuse and a fuel hose connector.

Cheers Ian.

I like the sound of that sort of unreliability
Old 01-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #561
TouringDave
Tri Moto Veritas

Oddometer: 6,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
R1150GSA
Lets see how far off I am(spot on I think)

Nah, too tall for the gnome.
TouringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 AM   #562
tripodtiger
I used to be SCRay

Oddometer: 4,544
+1 for Mk iii really suiting the K, 3Legs. Nice proportions IMHO. And the K gives you cruising speed, too.

There is a ride into the Flinder's Ranges on the weekend of 19th/20th March. I expect that will see me christening mine!

http://tripodtiger.smugmug.com/
tripodtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #563
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,438
Cool build.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #564
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,371
Here's my version ( USA ) of a outback hack,it's a ongoing project and I'm taking her out for a week long offroad trip in about 3 weeks.

Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #565
zuk16l
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
I'm sorry for being so stupid, but what is the deal with the front suspension on hacks? Why don't conventional forks work very well?

05' SV 650
Charleston, SC
zuk16l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #566
Threewheelbonnie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuk16l View Post
I'm sorry for being so stupid, but what is the deal with the front suspension on hacks? Why don't conventional forks work very well?
You drive an outfit by turning the front wheel (just like a car). You ride a solo bike by reverse steering and producing a force to balance the lean angle and resulting forces. Completely different vehicles that just share some parts.

Solo bike forks used to steer a vehicle that doesn't lean have the wrong geometry (trail is set to self centre very positively). They also lack stiffness. As the outfit gets heavier the steering forces become uncontrollable. Changing the trail by modifying the fork trees solves the heavy steering issue, leading links or beefed up forks solve the stiffness issue as well. Light outfits get away with teles, medium ones might manage with wide bars (more leverage) but heavy stuff needs mods unless you are build like Mr. Universe. Hell is a 400 mile day on an outfit with tele's on a road with a heavy camber, your chair side shoulder is taking the weight of the whole lot and the introduction of the odd hot poker couldn't really make it any worse.

For a more technical explanation head over to the hacks section and read the stickys, lots of diagrams and maths.

BTW, there is no such thing as a stupid question. Answers however.......

Andy

Threewheelbonnie screwed with this post 08-12-2011 at 04:46 AM
Threewheelbonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #567
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,438
Here's the link for the design discussion. Some really knowledgable folks provided a lot of great content.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #568
mantree
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3legs View Post
G'day Coachgeo.

No links to camper sidecar as at the time I built it I was not computer savvy (still not) but I have got some photos.........

Works brilliantly BUT to sleep inside I have to take all the gear out first so by the time I've done that you could probably put a tent up. The real advantage is not having to sleep on the ground and there's a bit more privacy and you can stand up to change your jocks without all the boys laughing at you

This is the suspension system Im going to use on my current build. This is off my Tenere outfit I recently restored. It's a mini trailing arm. I'm going to get one from the wreckers (only $75) and get the original stub axle pressed out and turn a Holden (Aussie car for our overseas mates) stub axle down to fit so I can use the 15 inch wheel on the camper outfit as its the same as the rear wheel on the K1100.

As mentioned before there will be a back up suspension system, basically a rubber torsion bar setup. Photo later.

Anyway enough babbling on, I have a sidecar to finish. By the way, anyone know how TD's chair is going. I know Clancy's going nowhere.

Later.

3legs
I would love to see the frame for the tent and see inside the tent im thinking of a camper body for my freindship 1
mantree is offline   Reply With Quote