Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #121
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
I think he's talking about a small telescopic prop stand which you wedge under the bike on the opposite side to the side stand.
When put in the appropriate place you get three points of contact with the ground. i.e. front wheel, side stand and the trail stand and it'll keep one wheel off the ground.
Right you are Ken...

http://www.endurostar.com/

I however, just made my own out of stainless steel. Get two heavy walled tubes that fit tight together, drill a bunch of 1/8" holes down the inside tube and two holes at the top of the outside tube 1/2" apart. I welded the foot on as it didn't seem sturdy when trying to wedge it under the bike. You can bend the hook in a big vice out of rod stock. Didn't even have to heat it up. My buddy with the one shown had the foot spin on me and the tire slide around on the floor. Mine hasn't moved once put in place. You just hook the thing to the open hole by the foot peg or under a crash bar joint to get the back or front respectively. Must have!

I just realized I have the pieces to make a new one here in case I broke mine. Original is still mint and works perfectly.

Here's the dimensions in case anyone's interested:

Base: 1.625 OD x 1/4" THK
Outside tube: 1/2"OD x .042 THK x 11" long
Inside tube: .405 OD x .067 THK x 11" long
Support hook: .25 OD rod

All 316 Stainless
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #122
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Right you are Ken...
Who's Ken?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #123
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Right you are Ken...

http://www.endurostar.com/

I however, just made my own out of stainless steel. Get two heavy walled tubes that fit tight together, drill a bunch of 1/8" holes down the inside tube and two holes at the top of the outside tube 1/2" apart. I welded the foot on as it didn't seem sturdy when trying to wedge it under the bike. You can bend the hook in a big vice out of rod stock. Didn't even have to heat it up. My buddy with the one shown had the foot spin on me and the tire slide around on the floor. Mine hasn't moved once put in place. You just hook the thing to the open hole by the foot peg or under a crash bar joint to get the back or front respectively. Must have!

I just realized I have the pieces to make a new one here in case I broke mine. Original is still mint and works perfectly.

Here's the dimensions in case anyone's interested:

Base: 1.625 OD x 1/4" THK
Outside tube: 1/2"OD x .042 THK x 11" long
Inside tube: .405 OD x .067 THK x 11" long
Support hook: .25 OD rod

All 316 Stainless
Endurostar...that's my buddy Steve. Just get one from him for $35....the custom made one is cool but geez, reinventing the wheel?

Seriously...looks good!

They are a must-have in the tool roll for a dualsport or adventure bike. Even with a centerstand, one of these will hold up the front or rear depending on which you need in the air.

browneye screwed with this post 10-19-2013 at 08:25 PM
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #124
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog View Post
Things might be different in your neck of the woods. but around these parts the warranty does not start until the bike is sold. Demos get a full warranty from the day you buy it.

Mr. Dog is correct for around these parts anyway. If it's a demo, Triumph still owned it, hence no warranty period has begun.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #125
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRider803 View Post
Mr. Dog is correct for around these parts anyway. If it's a demo, Triumph still owned it, hence no warranty period has begun.
The demo program is a discount or rebate, usually $800 to $1000. Once they go to the dealer Triumph doesn't 'own them'. But they do honor a full warranty from sell date on a demo bike.

AFAIK Triumph quit funding demos but the dealers do them anyway to get the bikes sold. Also AFAIK factory gives a month or two before the $$ are owed for delivered bikes, AKA flooring. Then a dealer usually has a bank that floors them.

Big-4 is stoopid for not offering test rides, especially on their bigger more expensive scooters. JMHO.

I'm surprised this thread is still going.

The F8 is a turd.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #126
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
I'm surprised this thread is still going.

The F8 is a turd.

That could be a compliment .... It's equally relieving on-road or off.
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #127
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,612
So where's multistraddler's test ride report?
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #128
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
I test rode a f800gs adventure and well it seams like a great bike the engine just didn't feel exciting... Should I go demo a tiger xc and see if it's better? Coming from a crf250l I felt like the f800gsa could go anywhere I have taken my CRF and the power was there but just so linear and didn't make me smile. Hard to spend three times what I spend on my CRF and no have a smile
Mk5mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #129
lbyvik
Ummmmm?? REALLY?!

Oddometer: 358
Ferrel kitty

I rode the f800gs and the tiger 800xc
The beemer is just an over priced klr. I LOVE my klr better than the beemer.

However!!!!! I rode the tiger 800 and will damn sure be getting one soon. Liked it better than the 1200!! It feels moee ferrel!

Plenty of power, versatility. Can ride 2 up w my girl
Old 10-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #130
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk5mike View Post
I test rode a f800gs adventure and well it seams like a great bike the engine just didn't feel exciting... Should I go demo a tiger xc and see if it's better? Coming from a crf250l I felt like the f800gsa could go anywhere I have taken my CRF and the power was there but just so linear and didn't make me smile. Hard to spend three times what I spend on my CRF and no have a smile
Yes! Ride the Tiger and let us know what you think.
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #131
PauloHM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk5mike View Post

Absolutely yes! Try that 3 cylinder engine and tell us :)

Sent using Tapatalk
PauloHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #132
gqelements
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Rode both powerplants, love the Tiger. No regrets here!

Sent from Windows Phone, using Tapatalk.
gqelements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #133
petelatteier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I've had my Tiger for 3 months now and to be honest there are times when I think I should have gotten the F800. The F800 seems a little more thought out, you can toggle data from the handlebar, standard heated grips (at least every model on the floor had them), and center stand. Other niggles on the Tiger, stupid side stand spring/design and the engine heat is definitely noticeable. Otherwise I like the engine, had good power and sounds better. So I am happy with the Tiger, but yes, I occasionally have a twinge of regret.
petelatteier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #134
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,154
I was loaned a Triumph Australia Tiger 800 XC in April 2013 for a 5 day ride here in South Australia. Part of the deal was that I was to allow others to ride it and expose them to the bike. During one of those 'changeovers' I found myself on a F800GS. It was at that point that I knew that I'd own a Tiger and not a BMW. The Tiger performance is exciting and the bike managed the rough terrain with ease.........I bought one when we got home.....no regrets here!!

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 AM   #135
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by petelatteier View Post
I've had my Tiger for 3 months now and to be honest there are times when I think I should have gotten the F800. The F800 seems a little more thought out, you can toggle data from the handlebar, standard heated grips (at least every model on the floor had them), and center stand. Other niggles on the Tiger, stupid side stand spring/design and the engine heat is definitely noticeable. Otherwise I like the engine, had good power and sounds better. So I am happy with the Tiger, but yes, I occasionally have a twinge of regret.
Don't forget this is Triumph's first attempt at this type of bike. IMO the BMW should be streets ahead after all the experience they've got in this field. My hope is that Triumph is taking note of all the niggles we're having and the next iteration of the Tiger800 & XC will leave no doubt that it is the best in class.