User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Z_Silas OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Question CRF250L or DR200SE

Hey guys I'm hoping for some reviews on Suzuki and Honda's bottom end dual sports. I'm having trouble finding information on these. Anyone have one? Or have ridden one? I have concerns about power, especially with the 200cc Suzuki even though I"ve heard it is a good match to the 250's. Also what kind of suspension do these have? Gas milage? Can I carry a decent amount of luggage? I heard there is a Honda performance kit available? Also I have never ridden a liquid cooled. Are they "fragile" in case of a crash? Any advice would be appreciated.
Z_Silas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Silas View Post
Hey guys I'm hoping for some reviews on Suzuki and Honda's bottom end dual sports. I'm having trouble finding information on these. Anyone have one? Or have ridden one? I have concerns about power, especially with the 200cc Suzuki even though I"ve heard it is a good match to the 250's. Also what kind of suspension do these have? Gas milage? Can I carry a decent amount of luggage? I heard there is a Honda performance kit available? Also I have never ridden a liquid cooled. Are they "fragile" in case of a crash? Any advice would be appreciated.
Post this in 'Thumpers'. It will get sent there soon anyway.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
MarylandStrom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
I would think if you searched google you will find hours of reading on both bikes.
MarylandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,775
First off, this probably shouldn't be in the "Beasts" subforum...

My fiance has a 2005 DR200SE that she absolutely loves. It's slow, and a bit ugly... but they're bulletproof and great fun. Quick steering, super light (she's 5'2 and about 120lb and can still pick it up).

She's been riding hers every single day (we don't have a car right now) for the last 2 months, and every day during the summer (no freeway). It hasn't missed a beat. It's a GREAT little bike

You can kinda see it back there, before I built some panniers for it.

Homemade bags