ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Explorer or Explorer/XC
Explorer 0 0%
Explorer/xc 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #4366
ZZ4Blazer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Akron, OH
Oddometer: 250
Mine was right around 7k mi also when I had mine replaced. Didn't realize how loud it was till I rode across the parking lot with my helmet halfway off.


I strung the front of the bike up from the little loft in my garage. I was thinking there was a lot more weight on the front end with it on the centerstand. Ive got a pull up bar I made out of pipe bolted to the loft. If it can hold my weight, the 50 lbs or so to hold the front end with the wheel off would be no problem.

Quite easy removing the wheels. Metzler NEXT mounted up. I thought my EXP's were great tires. These are supposed to be even better. Hopefully Ill get another 10K miles otta these tires too.
__________________
"homesick for a place Ive never been"

'13 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200
08 Yamaha WR450F - woods/adventure monster in the making
ZZ4Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #4367
GarrettRB
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hanson, MA
Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ4Blazer View Post
Mine was right around 7k mi also when I had mine replaced. Didn't realize how loud it was till I rode across the parking lot with my helmet halfway off.
I didn't have my head replaced, I had the regular 10k maintenance and that made my engine much quieter.
__________________
'13 Triumph Tiger Explorer
GarrettRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #4368
pfy50
Professional nOOb
 
pfy50's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oneida, Tenn.
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettRB View Post
I didn't have my head replaced, I had the regular 10k maintenance and that made my engine much quieter.
GarrettRB,

Did they tell you exactly how much your valves were out?(I'm assuming that is what was causing the noise)
__________________
My Odyssey: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566875
2013 TEX XC,2011 WR250R,2004 KAWA Concours,1994 BMW K1100RS
May the Lord bless you and keep you in all the Dark places you must travel
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #4369
pfy50
Professional nOOb
 
pfy50's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oneida, Tenn.
Oddometer: 442
Question Clutch cable Help

General question,

Anyone here reroute the clutch cable to get an extra 2 inches to mount a Rox Riser or other handlebar extender? If so did you just disconnect the cable at the reservoir and which way did you route it?
__________________
My Odyssey: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566875
2013 TEX XC,2011 WR250R,2004 KAWA Concours,1994 BMW K1100RS
May the Lord bless you and keep you in all the Dark places you must travel
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #4370
Big Jon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Big Jon's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: SW Iowa
Oddometer: 278
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfy50 View Post
General question,

Anyone here reroute the clutch cable to get an extra 2 inches to mount a Rox Riser or other handlebar extender? If so did you just disconnect the cable at the reservoir and which way did you route it?
I've got 2" ROX Risers on mine & didn't have to reroute the cable at all. It's not a bit snug.
__________________
JON
Big Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #4371
pfy50
Professional nOOb
 
pfy50's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oneida, Tenn.
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
I've got 2" ROX Risers on mine & didn't have to reroute the cable at all. It's not a bit snug.
Hello Jon,

Yeah I got the plain 2inch risers and was attempting to install them last week and all the bundled cables going up to the left switch were loose enough but the clutch the way it is set up on mine has only about a 1-1 1/2" of straight pull and has no room for any turning of the handlebars.

Just to verify my clutch cable goes; along with the electrical wiring; down thru the wire retaining bar, around the front of the steering head, and under the rightside plastic fascia for the fuel tank correct?
__________________
My Odyssey: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566875
2013 TEX XC,2011 WR250R,2004 KAWA Concours,1994 BMW K1100RS
May the Lord bless you and keep you in all the Dark places you must travel
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #4372
EOD-KTM
Adventurer
 
EOD-KTM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Tijeras, NM
Oddometer: 18
I have the Rox 2" riser and 20 mm spacers on my TEX and have no problem with cable length.
I am not sure why your cables are so tight.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
EOD-KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 AM   #4373
GarrettRB
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hanson, MA
Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfy50 View Post
GarrettRB,

Did they tell you exactly how much your valves were out?(I'm assuming that is what was causing the noise)
He didn't say how much but he did say they needed to be adjusted. It was the 10k maintenance so they also did the special cam adjustment too.
__________________
'13 Triumph Tiger Explorer
GarrettRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:43 AM   #4374
Big Jon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Big Jon's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: SW Iowa
Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfy50 View Post
Hello Jon,

Yeah I got the plain 2inch risers and was attempting to install them last week and all the bundled cables going up to the left switch were loose enough but the clutch the way it is set up on mine has only about a 1-1 1/2" of straight pull and has no room for any turning of the handlebars.
Just to verify my clutch cable goes; along with the electrical wiring; down thru the wire retaining bar, around the front of the steering head, and under the rightside plastic fascia for the fuel tank correct?
That's correct. I just went out & looked and even though I've got plenty of slack, I reached up behind the driving light & grabbed the cable where it goes into the rectangle hole in the plastic fascia and tugged on it very lightly. I pulled up a good inch of slack and it still is free to move where it goes through that hole. Maybe yours is hung up or twisted around some of the wires @ that part of the harness...
__________________
JON
Big Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #4375
pfy50
Professional nOOb
 
pfy50's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oneida, Tenn.
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
That's correct. I just went out & looked and even though I've got plenty of slack, I reached up behind the driving light & grabbed the cable where it goes into the rectangle hole in the plastic fascia and tugged on it very lightly. I pulled up a good inch of slack and it still is free to move where it goes through that hole. Maybe yours is hung up or twisted around some of the wires @ that part of the harness...
Yeh, Jon I think it probably is. The cable has no give at that point you mentioned. I probably got the cable router on his OFF day

I suppose I'm going to have to pull all the rightside plastic off to get a view of where the problem is. I'll try it when I get back from FLorida next week, and report back.
__________________
My Odyssey: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566875
2013 TEX XC,2011 WR250R,2004 KAWA Concours,1994 BMW K1100RS
May the Lord bless you and keep you in all the Dark places you must travel
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #4376
eemsreno
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: On your way to everywhere, Batavia, IA.
Oddometer: 828
Tiger On The White Rim Trail

Hi guys
I am not a Tiger rider, but I took these pictures of a friend of mine and I thought you guys might enjoy seeing them.
Six of us rode out to Moab last Thursday and rode the W.R.T.
Mike had no off roading experience before this trip.
He was a long time H.D. guy and before a trip to Ouray last June I talked him into going to a Triumph dealer and we test road the 1200s.
I just knew if I could get him to test ride one and realize there was life after H. D.s he would like it.
Well the night before we were to leave for Ouray, Co. he calls me up and said come see what I have here at home.
He rode out to Moab with us but had no intention of getting off road.
He must learn fast. But he has the right bike to learn on.

I hope you don't mind me budding in on your thread.
Thanks Steve







I have a R.R. over on the XTZ site.
Thanks
http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/ind...0383#msg160383
eemsreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #4377
Big Jon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Big Jon's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: SW Iowa
Oddometer: 278
Thumb

Great pics. Love the first one! Thanks for sharing.
__________________
JON
Big Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #4378
Big Jon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Big Jon's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: SW Iowa
Oddometer: 278
Rox risers

Hey phy50, here's another thing you may want to check out...

http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.....html#msg83022
__________________
JON
Big Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #4379
Gerbo
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 16
First time poster.

Hey all...new to ADV. I'm picking a '13 explorer tonight. I know...threads are no good without pics. I just wanted to say I'm in for the fun. I've been through the super bike and Harley stage. Time to get something more utilitarian. I'm psyched and it looks like there's an awesome crowd on here.

Anything you guys suggest that I watch out for or need to do in the break-in period? I'm looking at accessorizing, so that'll come pretty soon as well.

Cheers,

Gerbo
Gerbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #4380
pfy50
Professional nOOb
 
pfy50's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Oneida, Tenn.
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
Hey phy50, here's another thing you may want to check out...

http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.....html#msg83022
Yeah, I'll look at entire route and interfering cables when I pull the body work, when I get back from my trip south.
__________________
My Odyssey: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566875
2013 TEX XC,2011 WR250R,2004 KAWA Concours,1994 BMW K1100RS
May the Lord bless you and keep you in all the Dark places you must travel
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014