Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #18736
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
I would imagine a redesign to the frame is a major change, not likely to occur in 3 years. Most model vehicles will have a lifespan of more than 3 years. Yes, there are a few things they could do to improve the bike, but for them to make money on it, it needs to be kept on the same platform for a long enough period of time to recoup the development costs and make a profit. How many Tiger owners are giving up their bikes and jumping ship? Not many, right? It was the highest value holder of their lineup. Every bike has room for improvement. I'd expect 5 years before a full redesign. Unfortunately... Right now, it's selling...
There are actually quite a few for sale in the FM. Some by guys you would have thought wouldn't be so quick to give theirs up. Anyway, I don't think anyone was suggestion the bike have a new frame this year but there are several needed improvements that could have been done for minimal costs (suspension, stepper motor, gearing) that would have improved the bike measurably and with Yamaha rumored to be putting the triple into an "adv style"bike of similar cc triumph shouldn't be sitting on their thumbs.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #18737
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,074
Triumph Stunt Riding

Icon is at it again...

browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #18738
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Icon is at it again...

That was fun!
BryanCO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #18739
Crab bait
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
In the mean time my bike should be ready this week after its RaceTech makeover and I think it will be more than satisfactory for my needs once this mod is all dialed in for my weight and style of riding. The work was delayed a week because RT had the wrong part listed for the shock spring and it had to be re-ordered. Does this mean I'm the first XC owner to order a shock spring? Ready to have it back.
I had the problem changing my fork. I'll be making another 4 hour round trip to get this rectified. High time Racetech fixed that problem.
Crab bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #18740
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab bait View Post
I had the problem changing my fork. I'll be making another 4 hour round trip to get this rectified. High time Racetech fixed that problem.
Okay, so it was likely the fork springs. My guy wasn't specific, and I was assuming when he said spring (singular) that it was the shock.

Keeping fingers crossed that this will be rectified and I can pick up my bike tomorrow.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #18741
Dubl-A
SuckerDucker

Oddometer: 1,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Icon is at it again...

Dude's actually from BURQUE!!!
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #18742
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,010
The post-apocalyptic return of the black Tiger from Portland to Dakar:

Courtesy, of Icon.

Pretty cool.

Reminds me of Craig's bike from his round the world trip with Patty after it fell off the cliff and was resurrected. Just needs the paint job. Their grill is better too...
Old 10-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #18743
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Don't know if it is still there, but that beauty was sitting at Latus Motors in Gladstone, OR last month. Totally cool.
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #18744
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
Don't know if it is still there, but that beauty was sitting at Latus Motors in Gladstone, OR last month. Totally cool.
Makes me want to strip mine down and sandblast and rattle can it. Sure would hide a few of the blemishes she's somehow gotten. A lot cheaper than replacing plastic

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #18745
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
Makes me want to strip mine down and sandblast and rattle can it. Sure would hide a few of the blemishes she's somehow gotten. A lot cheaper than replacing plastic
I've seen spray-on bedliner used on a KLR and it looked very nice, was rugged, and is easily touched-up.

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #18746
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
I've seen spray-on bedliner used on a KLR and it looked very nice, was rugged, and is easily touched-up.
OMG, you're psychic. I was talking about bedlinering my tank just the other day. Phantom black is cool, but stealth black, and the ability to touch up the plethora of scratches is a total bonus

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #18747
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
OMG, you're psychic. I was talking about bedlinering my tank just the other day. Phantom black is cool, but stealth black, and the ability to touch up the plethora of scratches is a total bonus
soooo, what color black is this then?

Now that's black!

Or maybe it's full retard. IDK...
Old 10-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #18748
henkew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Fuel not registering, bike won't fire. How widespread is this issue?

I know others have experienced this problem. The fuel shows empty (although it isn't empty), the bike turns on, the starter turns over, but it won't fire up. The dang thing just won't start. Some have been able to fix it by wheeling it around, shaking it back and forth (to get the gas moving around) until the gas registers. None of this has worked for me, cannot get it going. I had a message on my phone of a recall, will call back tomorrow. I'm hoping it has something to do with this.

Anyone else seen this or found a solution?
henkew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #18749
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkew View Post
I know others have experienced this problem. The fuel shows empty (although it isn't empty), the bike turns on, the starter turns over, but it won't fire up. The dang thing just won't start. Some have been able to fix it by wheeling it around, shaking it back and forth (to get the gas moving around) until the gas registers. None of this has worked for me, cannot get it going. I had a message on my phone of a recall, will call back tomorrow. I'm hoping it has something to do with this.

Anyone else seen this or found a solution?
Have you cleaned/lubed your stepper motor? If not, do a Google search...

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #18750
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Have you cleaned/lubed your stepper motor? If not, do a Google search...

JG
My understanding is that the stepper motor controls idle only - i.e. if it's not working correctly, applying a little bit of gas manually when starting/idling will overcome that.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote