Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
rc51owner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
1190 Adventure hard luggage

Hello,

so I am trying to gather some information on after-market hard luggage for the 1190 adventures. I know that Touratech, Hepco & Becker and SW-Motech make pannier racks for the bikes, but I am having difficulty figuring out if the racks are symmetrical or not. It is obvious the the Touratech ones are as the size of the cases are different left to right. What about the other brands? Are there any other manufacturers making or talking about making pannier racks for these bikes? Any pictures related to after-market hard luggage shown on the 1190s would be appreciated. I don't have my 1190r yet, but I want to get a head start on farkling it before it arrives.

Cheers,

M
rc51owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
aspaldo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51owner View Post
Hello,

so I am trying to gather some information on after-market hard luggage for the 1190 adventures. I know that Touratech, Hepco & Becker and SW-Motech make pannier racks for the bikes, but I am having difficulty figuring out if the racks are symmetrical or not. It is obvious the the Touratech ones are as the size of the cases are different left to right. What about the other brands? Are there any other manufacturers making or talking about making pannier racks for these bikes? Any pictures related to after-market hard luggage shown on the 1190s would be appreciated. I don't have my 1190r yet, but I want to get a head start on farkling it before it arrives.

Cheers,

M

I've been eye banging these: http://www.motomachines.com/Lock-it-...re_p_3290.html

Specifically the black Xplor cases. I like them because they mount the bags higher than factory. The factory bags look like they mount too low - granted that is total supposition based on looking at pictures on the internets, but still...
Old 10-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
rc51owner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspaldo View Post
I've been eye banging these: http://www.motomachines.com/Lock-it-...re_p_3290.html

Specifically the black Xplor cases. I like them because they mount the bags higher than factory. The factory bags look like they mount too low - granted that is total supposition based on looking at pictures on the internets, but still...
Those look like they are the Hepco & Becker racks. As you say they appear to be higher than other racks. Probably so that the Gobi bags can be mounted above the exhaust. Leading me to believe they are symmetrical and allow the panniers to be mounted close to the center line of the bike.

Cheers,

M
Old 10-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
PPiA
Pete

Oddometer: 1,181
PPiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #5
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Hello,

Cheers,

M
I'm eyeballing Givi. Look very nice...
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Those look like they are the Hepco & Becker racks. As you say they appear to be higher than other racks. Probably so that the Gobi bags can be mounted above the exhaust. Leading me to believe they are symmetrical and allow the panniers to be mounted close to the center line of the bike.

Cheers,

M
I have them. Have posted on another thread pictures of the cases. I had them on my Tiger1200 and they were symetrical and I have been told that they will be on the KTM. The racks have arrived but I am moving house at moment so I will try and get them fitted for some pictures.

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Stromcat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Luggage

I have gone with the KTM plastic panniers and a Kappa K35 monolock top case.This has gone straight on with the included plate,no need to buy a different rack.
Stromcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #8
rc51owner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyOwl View Post
I have them. Have posted on another thread pictures of the cases. I had them on my Tiger1200 and they were symetrical and I have been told that they will be on the KTM. The racks have arrived but I am moving house at moment so I will try and get them fitted for some pictures.
Hey Sleepy,

I looked for the other post that you mentioned and could only find pictures of the explorer cases (and your washing machine in the kitchen). Did you ever mount the racks and attached the panniers? If you did could you post some pictures of the racks and ones with the panniers mounted? Especially from the back.

I would also be interested in how wide the setup is as well.

Cheers,

M
Old 10-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Hey Sleepy,

I looked for the other post that you mentioned and could only find pictures of the explorer cases (and your washing machine in the kitchen). Did you ever mount the racks and attached the panniers? If you did could you post some pictures of the racks and ones with the panniers mounted? Especially from the back.

I would also be interested in how wide the setup is as well.

Cheers,

M
I sold my old explorer racks and forgot to take the plate from them. new ones have just arrived but Im in Ireland working all next week so will hopefully have them on next weekend.
I will measure once there on.

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #10
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Glovescout

photo IMG_0982_zpsc3b44a81.jpg

Great panniers highly recommended
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote