ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #481
edstoll
OPD-2019

Oddometer: 272
One more. East of Salt Plains near Hawley the bridge is gone at N36 44.298 w97 58.359. I went around the section to the north a mile.
edstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #482
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by edstoll View Post
I did about 1500 miles on your trail. I would hope lots of "out of staters" take advantage of your hard work like I did. You have done a great job and I am very appreciative. I now hope to help you by reporting my reroutes.

I was running on version 9-14-2013.

You have since fixed the bridge out near Garvin.

There was a minor one before that but don't worry about it the detour is short and obvious.

There is a closed gate and private property no trespassing signs at N34 33.032 w97 28.518. It also has a leased hunting sign. I went south then west then north back to the road. I went in from the west and it was closed on that end also. About a 1/2 mile of section just closed off.
FIXED
At Lake Altus the track takes you to a road that ends at a fence. You look over the fence and can see were the road goes on. You can access the trail again just one mile north. This leads to were the waypoint "tough water crossing" is. It is closed off at N34 58.786 W99 19.967. You can rejoin the track at N34 59.235 W99 19.895.
FIXED

There are a couple of places along the dirt road just a couple of miles west of I35 that are not passable. One of them the bridge is clear out and the other the dirt road ends in a farmers tilled field with no track to follow.
Havn't been able to find the bridge out on satelite view, doesnt' mean its not out. will need to find it in person. But the plowed field should still let you through unless he's put up a fence. There is a bridge on the other end of the field. I think what has happened is the road wasnt' used in so long the farmer just took it over with his crop.

There were a couple other places out west I backtracked and went around mud I didn't want to attempt. They will dry out so I won't mention them here.

All in all for as long a track as it is I did not have to reroute much.

I will try to get a report done with a few of 612 pictures and link it here.

Hope I have helped. thanks again.
Done and Done looking forward to the ride report.

OKlr screwed with this post 10-05-2013 at 07:33 PM
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #483
edstoll
OPD-2019

Oddometer: 272
Here you go guys. Let me know if I am representing your state properly.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924861.
edstoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #484
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstoll View Post
One more. East of Salt Plains near Hawley the bridge is gone at N36 44.298 w97 58.359. I went around the section to the north a mile.
fixed. New route will be up on first post shortly
Old 10-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #485
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

OK Guys i have a small pile of stickers. These are really nice. Made by a place in broken arrow, uv coated and should last a long time. If anyone would like them i will sell them to you while supplies last. All money taken for the stickers will go back to buying more stickers, and cover things like stamps and envelopes. I am charging more for them than it costs to buy them, but that is so i can get some money together for a larger order of them. I have at this time 10 stickers left. If anyone wants one or two or something let me know. pm me for details on how to get a sticker sent your way. I am charging $2 for 1 or $3 for 2. While supplies last.

OKlr screwed with this post 12-15-2013 at 01:57 PM
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #486
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

FYI those of you that said you wanted stickers i have them waiting. I have only recieved money from one person in jenks and your stickers have been mailed out.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #487
zekester63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
FYI those of you that said you wanted stickers i have them waiting. I have only recieved money from one person in jenks and your stickers have been mailed out.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #488
fonebone77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
I did a small section between Highway 74 and Marlow. At E 1700 Rd and N 3100 Rd there is a fence with a private property sign that appears to block going on. I went around to E 1690 Rd and picked up the trail there. A few miles west of there there is a "Bridge out, Road Closed" sign at Camelback Rd and N 3020 Rd. I went ahead and rode on to look at it, as long as there hasnt been any significant rainfall you should be able to get around the bridge that is out. There is a track for the construction vehicles on the South side of the bridge. I probably wouldnt try it on my speed triple or in a passenger car but it was no problem on my KLR650.
fonebone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #489
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,269
Where's Waldo?

Thanks for the sticker, Dadayama.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #490
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

OK so new batch of stickers are finally here. So i have plenty of stickers if anyone wants some. PM me and we will work out the details. Also i have not had a chance to fix the route in the post above, but will do it soon.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #491
bsheet2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
OAT Ride

First I wanted to say thanks to the guys that put the OAT route together.

My brother (Roamineye) and I rode some of the OAT a few weeks ago. Had a great time!

I did a trip report on the Two Wheeled Texans forum if anyone is interested. It starts on thread 13.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90168

Thanks again!
bsheet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #492
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsheet2 View Post

My brother (Roamineye) and I rode some of the OAT a few weeks ago. Had a great time!

I did a trip report on the Two Wheeled Texans forum if anyone is interested. It starts on thread 13.

Thanks again!
Great report. Thanks for sharing the link. I am planning on riding the OAT in the spring (after the rains stop).
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #493
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsheet2 View Post

Thanks again!
Great ride report! Always nice to see the texans come up for a little okie ride.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #494
bsheet2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Roamineye and I grew up in Wynnewood. Also still have relatives in Oklahoma. So I get up there a few times a year.

I want to get some dry weather and ride the rest of that route!
bsheet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #495
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Nice! Great report.
kiltedcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote