Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
I feel sorry for the kid - absolutely.

I believe the odds of a child dying are greatly increased with there's a unrelated male in the house. We have at least one story a week here in PHX where mom's boyfriend kills mom's kid.

Adrian has something like six other kids. I doubt he spends any time with them either. He may be a great football player but I wouldn't give him Father of the Year anytime soon. It sucks that his kid had to pay the price for his lifestyle.
Indeed.

You'd think your assertion is about unrelated males in the home & rates of abuse would be true, but here are a couple of scary stats for you:

The youngest children (especially those under the age of 1 year) suffer abuse at a much higher rate.

Additionally, Nearly 80% of all fatalities which are a result of abuse & neglect are at the hands of one or both biological parents. (2011 National statistics from US Dept of Health and Human Services.)

Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #17
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,513
Quote:
I feel sorry for the kid - absolutely.

I believe the odds of a child dying are greatly increased with there's a unrelated male in the house. We have at least one story a week here in PHX where mom's boyfriend kills mom's kid.

Adrian has something like six other kids. I doubt he spends any time with them either. He may be a great football player but I wouldn't give him Father of the Year anytime soon. It sucks that his kid had to pay the price for his lifestyle.
I was unaware of this. So Peterson is the Shawn Kemp of the NFL. Who woulda thunk it. No wonder he played last weekend. I cant pretend to know or feel how Adrian feels, but the picture isnt so clear for me anymore after hearing this.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #18
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
I was unaware of this. So Peterson is the Shawn Kemp of the NFL. Who woulda thunk it. No wonder he played last weekend. I cant pretend to know or feel how Adrian feels, but the picture isnt so clear for me anymore after hearing this.
As was I. I thought something didn't feel right....after all, we all have our own way of grieving but then the stories started to appear. Turns out, according to reports, he never even met the kid until he was on life support. The kid truly is a victim.

My wife is a CASA volunteer....she advocates for kids in foster care. So far, one child, an amazing little guy, is back with his mother and is doing well. I would have been happy to take this little guy into our home but I'm happy his mom did her part too.

Her other case is a severely neglected little girl who parents have lost their parental rights. Her foster parents will adopt her and she'll be fine!

These biological parents are now 0 for 3 with their kids. The last one was placed into foster care about two days after he was born and has already been adopted.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #19
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,542
27 times more likely.....

"Family configuration has been significantly linked to risk of child maltreatment deaths. Children living in a household with an unrelated adult were 27 times more likely to die of inflicted injury than children living with one or two biological parents. Most of the deaths occurred when unrelated males and “mother's boyfriends” lived in the home."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2065955/
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post

AP just found out the kid was his two months ago, and was reportedly working out arrangements. Another man (not the perp) had been raising the child as his.

This third guy is some other asshole.

If anybody is showing questionable judgement in this particular matter, it is the mother.

Now on to your regularly scheduled programming, which for the vikes is a nationally televised potential disaster against the 0-6 Giants.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,513
Yeah, I wasnt passing judgement as I dont know the whole story, but I think its agreed upon that the child was the victim on many levels regadless of how it played out, and thats the real tragedy.

Also, I think the Giants get their first win this week too. Lol

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #22
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,821
Quote:
My wife is a CASA volunteer....she advocates for kids in foster care. So far, one child, an amazing little guy, is back with his mother and is doing well. I would have been happy to take this little guy into our home but I'm happy his mom did her part too.

I've done the same for about 8 years now. Some people simply shouldn't be allowed to breed. Shame that CASA/Guardians Ad Litem & DSS/CPS have to exist at all.
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.

East Coast Rider screwed with this post 10-20-2013 at 09:51 AM
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker View Post
In my case, my mother became wealthy and I found a loophole in the law allowing me to sue, which is in process. Actually I have already won, now waiting for damage hearings.

Which raises an issue in many states I would like people to consider. While many states have rescinded the statute of limitations for child sexual abuse, they do not extend the same to child physical abuse. For example, in the state I am suing, you have until the age of 21 to seek damages (3 years from reaching adulthood). Nobody told me that when I was released from state care at 18 and most kids will lose all right to damages in the future. If it ever comes up in your state legislatures, this needs to change.
Tweaker, thanks for the info. Wish you the best in your legal fight. I think the most noble thing a person in your situation can do is to break the chain and be the best parent you can be. My parents were fantastic. That is out there, and you can be a part of it, at least from the adult side.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: