User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Phat Ham OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Waterproof jeans

Saw these on revzilla's website: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...volution-jeans

Dynatec/denim fabric with a c_change waterproof membrane. D30 armor. Seems like pretty much everything you'd want in a motorcycle pant (except venting)and they still look like jeans. Anyone get an up close look at these?
Phat Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,037
I received a pair of Rokker Original jeans for review. The revolution look to be the same pants with C-change added. These are the first "riding" jeans I've ever owned, other than the Lean Angle jeans that just didn't fit right.

They fit better than any pair of jeans I've ever owned. They are very comfortable and seem to fit true to size. They're really well made, but I question the wood box they ship in. Like they're going more for image than anything else, and I don't like the image. When I opened the box, my wife said, "oh, that's just gay"

I've been trying to find out something about the form of Dynatec they used. Contacting Schoeller USA was great, and they were very communicative, but they couldn't confirm exactly what was used. Then the email from Rokker arrived. Here's what they said:

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

We use schoeller-Dynatec (100% Made in Switzerlnd) in a certain composition which is confidential. I hope you understand this.
So far, I can inform you about the ingredients:
Polyamide
Elastane
Cotton
Coatings
Our Dynatec is:
water repellent
UV-proof
fall proof up to 60 miles/h
breathable
abrasion resistant
heat resistant
As you can see, schoeller-Dynatec the perfect combination for a safe and comfortable ride on your bike!

Please find hereafter a link with a description of schoeller-Dynatec.
http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/up...ive_ENG_02.pdf

I hope this information helps you to understand schoeller-Dynatec a bit better.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any further question.

Kind regards
Michael Kuratli

THE ROKKER COMPANY AG
P.O.Box
CH-9443 Widnau
info@therokkercompany.com
www.therokkercompany.com
T: +41 71 727 73 30
F: +41 71 727 73 39
M: +41 79 608 19 60

Looks like the Revolution comes with the tiny D3O armor. Another option is upgrading to Rukka Knee armor, which fits perfect in the pocket (since its made very big to adjust) with at least 3x the coverage. I happened to have some Rukka armor to try. It fits like its meant for it.

Hope that helps. Keep an eye on the equipment section for my review in the next couple weeks after I get some more time in the jeans. Only you can decide if they're worth the price of admission, but these are pretty good if jeans are what you're looking for.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Phat Ham OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Revzilla says

Quote:
The Original Rokker Jeans are constructed of 11.5oz medium blue, stonewashed denim with an internal layer of 100% Schoeller-Dynatec fabric for extreme abrasion resistance.
and

Quote:
The Rokker Revolution Jeans are made of 100% Schoeller Denim-Dynatec, an innovative combination of Schoeller Dynatec and denim which is extremely resistant to abrasion and offers a genuine jeans-look.
It could just be revzilla's wording, but it sounds like they might be using different materials.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
Sounded interesting, right up until I saw the price. $549 for riding jeans?

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,702
Fall proof up to 60mph?

So does that mean they burst into flames at highway speeds? Sounds like they're designed for the scooter riders.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
andrewhtf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
for that price i would go for leathers instead of denim.
andrewhtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Phat Ham OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
$550 is steep but if they offer abrasion protection, impact protection, and waterproofing what makes them different than a "real" motorcycle pant?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #8
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ham View Post
$550 is steep but if they offer abrasion protection, impact protection, and waterproofing what makes them different than a "real" motorcycle pant?
Umm, the fact that they won't work in a get off at highway speed.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
asteele2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Reviving an old thread because the end of the season for my insulated pants is in sight.

So... I don't really see the abrasion resistance problem. They're a decent grade denim and the Schoeller Dynatec stuff also claims a level of protection suitable for motorcycle riding. It's competition weight cowhide, granted, but unless you're 100% blindsided by a crash you're probably not going to be doing 60mph when you hit the ground. The last time I hit the deck from a 70mph travel speed I was doing less than half that when I actually touched down.

How have they held up, and how have they been in practice? I'm extra interested in continued washing and waterproofedness, etc. They'd be great for my commute.
asteele2 is offline   Reply With Quote