User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
rickypanecatyl OP
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Fastest route between camera & ride report

I realize this question may be in the wrong place but I wasn't sure where else to post it.

I'm on a mostly dirt trip thru Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and Burma w/hundreds of photos and trying to figure out a faster way to get pics into a ride report.

I'm happy to pay for a service - anything out there that can upload photos while you are riding as long as you are in area with phone service? And upload it to a site that is easy to go straight to advrider for a ride report?

Of course most of Cambodia and Burma have no cell coverage but much of Thailand and Malaysia do. I'd love it if while I was riding in those areas my phone could be shrinking the 3 meg pics to whatever our RR pics are (300K?) and then be uploading them to a server that could host for ADVrider.

Thanks!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
NonstopBanana
Thumper Rider

Oddometer: 110
There are many services and perhaps there are better ways of doing it, but I use Flickr and at this point it's good enough that I am not forced to look for alternatives.

It has apps for all mobile devices, and I am pretty sure they all should be able to do some sort of bulk uploading of photos. From there you can create photo sets (sort of like albums) to organize your shots, and when it's time to post a RR, you can select what size you would like to use (resizing is done automatically). I use their APIs ( http://www.flickr.com/services/api/e....photos.search ) to get a set of photo URL's to post a RR, it requires a bit more work to put it, but can be automated after the first time, at least with a computer.
NonstopBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,647
Tapatalk
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
rickypanecatyl OP
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Can tapatalk do more than 1 photo at a time? I've used it to do one picture in a post but in ride reports it's nice to be able to do 10 or so in a post. Maybe it does but I haven't figured it out yet?

Is there a way to go from google+ to a ride report with pics? I'm kind of a techno tard so just found out about google+ a few weeks ago when I noticed all the pictures I was taking with my new Xperia phone were uploading to it.
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
GSBS
FunHog

Oddometer: 3,875
Tapatalk...

I've used Tapatalk a good bit for grabbing tags in the tag-o-rama games here, but often if cell service is weak I can't get the photo to upload. In these instances I've found I can usually upload the photo to Facebook, then copy the image address to put it into a thread here.

I also have a Smugmug account that I use when home with the computer.

I'm not sure about multiple photos. I always have to copy the address for each photo to paste into the thread individually. Would be nice to do more than one but I've not seen how yet.
GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,647
Since my photobucket account has reached its max bandwidth, I've been using Tapatalk to upload multiple photos per post.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote