Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #1036
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
I agree - the fact that the last 8 NC's came from the SEC is simply a coincidence.
You SEC boys are a tad hard headed, must be all that red dirt.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #1037
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
We're hard headed?
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #1038
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,654
Quote:
Nah - it's all that winning football.

My loyalties are in the following order: Auburn, Alabama, SEC and then ACC.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #1039
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
Nah - it's all that winning football.

My loyalties are in the following order: Auburn, Alabama, SEC and then ACC.
So, God and Country are 4th and 5th?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #1040
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
Really? Kentucky and Vanderbilt have been members of the SEC since 1932! How has that "exposure" worked out for them? They are a combined 6-17 for the same period.

The myth has been busted. Please deal with it, instead of trying to explain it away.
Not sure what myth you are referring too...that the SEC is a tough conference? You think that's a myth?

You don't seem to realize that Vandy and Kentucky are historic bottom dwellers. Mizzou and aTm are middle class teams that have decided to turn their games up a bit. Now that they are on national TV people are paying attention to them.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #1041
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Not sure what myth you are referring too...that the SEC is a tough conference? You think that's a myth?

You don't seem to realize that Vandy and Kentucky are historic bottom dwellers. Mizzou and aTm are middle class teams that have decided to turn their games up a bit. Now that they are on national TV people are paying attention to them.
Hmmmm, aTm was always a national interest. There is no disputing the SEC has had a strong run. Ohio State is coming for you, as well as a couple teams in the PNW. It will be all good for those who like football.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #1042
k7
Ancien cyclist

Quote:
So, God and Country are 4th and 5th?
Depends on who they're playing and what kind of team they're fielding.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #1043
k7
Ancien cyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Hmmmm, aTm was always a national interest. There is no disputing the SEC has had a strong run. Ohio State is coming for you, as well as a couple teams in the PNW. It will be all good for those who like football.
And I love college football!
Old 10-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #1044
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
They're not coming for me. My team sucks this year and is hard to watch. 4th best in their own state.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #1045
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,796
Quote:
Hmmmm, aTm was always a national interest.
UT says BULLSHIT! They don't even have a winning record against Arkansas.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #1046
k7
Ancien cyclist

If college footlball was like wrestling....

First, you'd have Sammie "Slammin" Coates.....

and....the WORLD'S CHAMPION HAS BEEN DESTROYED....

Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #1047
Jurgen OP
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,622
I've said before I think Carroll was a cheat at USC, but the NCAA couldn't get the goods on him- only really had the Reggie Bush thing and they zap USC fairly hard.

Now Miami, with all kinds of evidence of malfeasance gets a slap on the wrist.

With the roll back of the Penn State penalties seems like my favorite (not) organization is giving up on enforcement against the money making premier programs.-- Wonder if there was some whispering by the semi-pros about leaving the NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSSports
Miami, which has sat out the last two postseasons and three postseason games (the third game being the 2012 ACC Title Game) by self-imposing penalties on itself in the wake of the Nevin Shapiro scandal, will not be hit with any further post-season ban, a source told CBS Tuesday morning. UM will lose nine scholarships over the next three seasons, the source added.

Since word of the dealings of Shapiro, the rogue former UM booster broke in August, 2010, the University has been in a state of limbo to some degree. In those months and years since most of the people involved with Shapiro are long gone. Head coach Al Golden, who walked in after this mess surfaced, has the Canes 6-0 and ranked No. 7 in the country. None of the players on Golden's roster have been linked to Shapiro's alleged improper benefits.

"I want to sincerely thank our student-athletes and their families who, not only stood with the University of Miami during this unprecedented challenge, but subsequently volunteered for the mission," Golden said Tuesday in a prepared statement. "They shouldered the burden, exhibited class and exemplified perseverance for Hurricanes everywhere.

"Further, I would like to express heartfelt appreciation to our staff and families who did not subscribe to this challenge three years ago, yet courageously adopted it as their own. They have brought the utmost professionalism, resiliency and integrity to our program. More importantly, they continue to recruit and represent our world-class institution with class and dignity in unprecedented circumstance.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #1048
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I've said before I think Carroll was a cheat at USC, but the NCAA couldn't get the goods on him- only really had the Reggie Bush thing and they zap USC fairly hard.

Now Miami, with all kinds of evidence of malfeasance gets a slap on the wrist.

With the roll back of the Penn State penalties seems like my favorite (not) organization is giving up on enforcement against the money making premier programs.-- Wonder if there was some whispering by the semi-pros about leaving the NCAA?
Yeah, when I read that I was going to post it....and figured why drum the flies? But the USC folks have to be pissed....
While I know you dislike PC, there was no evidence he did anything wrong and it was not for a lack of trying. I don't think he did, or they would have found it out. They always seem to when they zero in on a program. So it does not make sense that there was anything there. Frustrating to any USC booster I am sure.

The good news is, Kiffin is available to get the Miami program back on the straight and narrow.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #1049
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

The NCAA officially "jumped the shark" when Johnny Football received a 1/2 game suspension. Why would anyone be surprised at what passes as enforcement in college football?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #1050
k7
Ancien cyclist

Meanwhile, it's hate Tennessee in Alabama.

Link

From the link above:
My hate for Tennessee is as deep as the Pacific Ocean and is as long as the Mississippi River..

This is my favorite week of the year, you guys. Yep, it's better than Christmas, my birthday, my anniversary, every state holiday, Hanukkah and the summer solstice COMBINED.

Because of Tennessee I hate....

Nashville. Lived there for 3 years. Awful town, awful people, awful traffic...

The Tennessee River. Obvious reason is obvious.

Country music. See Nashville above.

Opryland. It's a combo of Nashville, rednecks and country music. What's not to hate?

Dolly Parton. Fake boobs. Awful voice. Stupid theme park. In the Mountains.

Mountains. They make you really tired when climbing. They are so high..why are they so high? Leaves turn orange in the fall.

Orange. No one ever looks good in orange. In fact, orange makes even the hottest woman alive look like an uglier version of Roseanne Barr. If my wife liked orange, I wouldn't have married her. Also see: Orange Juice, Orange Gatorade, Orange Popsicles, Orange crayons, Orange books, ties, shirts, people, clouds and orange food..If CrossFit was the color orange, I'd hate that too.

Jack Daniel's. A detestable beverage that burns on the way down. What a perfect description of Tennessee.

Coca-cola. It's associated with Jack Daniel's, which is located in Tennessee...So of course it deserves my hate.

Memphis BBQ- WHY ARE YOU SO SWEET?! If I wanted to eat meat with sloppy sugar on top, I'd make a BBQ popsicle.

Peyton Manning or any Manning for that matter. Needs no explanation. HATE. HATE. HATE.

Snow.
Does it fall in Tennessee? YEP. #hate.

Rain. See reason for hating snow above.

Cracker Barrel. Started in Tennessee. Their biscuits suck and the crap they sell in their store is over priced garbage.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: