User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #4141
4corners14
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 582
2nd that...

If you needed someone else to verify that your comment was condescending then I'll be happy to oblige you. You have the right to your opinion, just don't be surprised when your demeaning opinions create a kickback from the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKJ View Post
You were the only person to respond to my comment, so I assumed there was some association. I feel in a free country on an open forum, I may express myself as I choose, just as others are here. I'm judging no one, simply stating an opinion. Do you have a problem with me exercising that freedom?
4corners14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #4142
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,258
what type of pillow sheets should i pack

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #4143
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearforce1 View Post
Hey Pottz,

I haven't seen a really positive report from anyone on the pillow front. Most people seem to be unhappy with their store bought inflatable pillows.

I was going to buy and trial and error the different pillows cause I haven't seen anyone recommending any pillows at all. Alternatively I was just going to stuff my shoei helmet bag/sack with clothes and use that.

Anyone got any advice on good pillows.

bear
A little late here, but I have been happy enough with my Exped Large pillow to even use it at home on occasion. Just don't inflate it all the way. Unless you like it like that. Experiment and find what works for you, but this pillow packs to a size that fits in your hand and is very comfortable no matter fi you sleep on your back or your side.
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:56 AM   #4144
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,128
Quote:
Is that C-um Stain?

No n00b, it's not.

Don't you think I've heard that a time or two already? Sheesh. Come up with some new material.

Just because someone has a different opinion of what to pack on a motorcycle trip, does not make it wrong. Minimalist has it's place, but so does comfort. Please try to make your comments contribute something to the discussion instead of telling us how right you are.

Interested in attending the HU Maritimes 2014 Meeting? Click HERE!
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:03 AM   #4145
Schussboelie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
Just because someone has a different opinion of what to pack on a motorcycle trip, does not make it wrong. Minimalist has it's place, but so does comfort. Please try to make your comments contribute something to the discussion instead of telling us how right you are.
If you would have put like this instead of stating that everyone packs WAY too much stuff, you probably wouldn't have gotten these reactions I think.
You kinda mase it sound like everybody else is wrong when packing more than you as you've stated like a fact and not really like an opinion.
This is the internet, we don't hear nor see you say it.
Schussboelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #4146
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
Excellent Cheers
2002 XR250R Dirty Girl so fun to ride
1997 KLR 650 miss the old girl. Never washed!
G-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #4147
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Is n00b supposed to be an insult on this site? I find it cute.
No, its reserved for the 's that don't lurk more and post less and think themselves superior in every way. C'mon down to Jo Momma with that attitude...there are some folks that would love to meet you...

Old 10-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #4148
MKJ
Married w/ Children

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
No, its reserved for the 's that don't lurk more and post less and think themselves superior in every way. C'mon down to Jo Momma with that attitude...there are some folks that would love to meet you...
Oh, so you weren't talking to me. Too bad. It seems to fit your profile better. n00b to dirt riding, maybe?

MKJ screwed with this post 10-28-2013 at 08:44 AM
MKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #4149
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,275
Guys, really, take it downstairs. Let's keep this thread about motorcycles and camping. Remember those things?
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #4150
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
Guys, really, take it downstairs. Let's keep this thread about motorcycles and camping. Remember those things?
Noted.

From a fall run around the Cabot Trail a couple of years ago. Duffel contained Tent, Sleeping pad, Ground Sheet and Pillow(s). Soft panniers carried sleeping bag, clothes, cookset and tools. Tankbag had Meds, Camera Gear and hat, extra gloves, etc.

Here's what I took for what was supposed to be a 3 day trip to Northern New Brunswick a year ago. Attempted to pack small, but between extra layers for the colder temps expected and the uncertainty of camping conditions took WAY too much. That, coupled with the throw together luggage options was just a bad scene. Next year I have a nice new pannier rack with some Nelson-Rigg's Survivor Panniers for the gravel stuff and the new Givi Trekker Outback cases for road.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #4151
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,590
This is mine set for an over night in cold temps ( tent + 2 sleeping bags)

im not thrilled with this, the red cooler had food/snacks and 12 beers in it, and it kept bouncing loose on the rough forest roads.

blue bag has tent, zee rest, a few dry bags with clothes, each soft pannier had a sleeping bag, gloves, tire pump, tools.

mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #4152
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouthfulloflake View Post
im not thrilled with this, the red cooler had food/snacks and 12 beers in it, and it kept bouncing loose on the rough forest roads.
Polarbear coolers are great - but straps over the top reduces the effectiveness of the insulation, especially over days on the road. And as you note, if you don't strangle the thing it can and will bounce loose.

I have thought of just strapping down from the rings near the base, but that still leaves contents and upper body free to move.

Anybody got another approach? I've considered something like a sewing machine case:

But that's another thing to carry - and might as well just get a hardshell cooler.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #4153
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,868
This is the cooler I use for the bike. Cheap $10-15 deal from the local wegoteverything store.

(it's the gray thing next under the firewood)

It's the perfect size for a days worth of food/snacks for 2 people, with 2 beers. Once you open a cold beer, replace with 1 warm. One of my afternoon projects for this winter is to sew on some strategically placed tie down points for easy on/off.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #4154
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,590
yeah, this is a generic knock off, not a real polar bear cooler ( I do have a polar bear, but I took this smaller cooler)

Insulation was not a concern it was plenty cool!

some loops sewn in the bottom would probably help with securing it, but with that much weight moving around, it was a pain.

after re-tightening it a few times, it eventually ended up on top of the blue bag like this, which solved the problem. but turned my rear tail rack into wasted space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadester View Post
Polarbear coolers are great - but straps over the top reduces the effectiveness of the insulation, especially over days on the road. And as you note, if you don't strangle the thing it can and will bounce loose.

I have thought of just strapping down from the rings near the base, but that still leaves contents and upper body free to move.

But that's another thing to carry - and might as well just get a hardshell cooler.
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #4155
sebnad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Is that a Gears Navigator Tail bag? If it is, how do you like it? How much can you fit in there? Is the rain cover working well? I'm looking right now for a tail bag that is not to expensive and waterproof. My actual bag is a Saddlemen TS3200 and the stitching around the zipper did not last one ride before breaking.