Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #61
kailuasurfer OP
Dreamer

Oddometer: 359
I believe Claude also agrees with you about it being a great tug.

As for getting out of tight spots, I am very careful to scope out parking spaces. Just have to avoid backing uphill . On level surface, having a sidecar makes it very easy to push or pull (even with just one hand) to move the rig. I would like to hear from other inmates about their experience moving rigs around (particularly heavy ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
Hmmm my step dad has a Rocket III. Never saw the point of it as a solo bike, but as a tug, I'm seeing it.

Might have to "borrow" it for a while.

Though if any bike/tug could use reverse I'm sure this 800 lb monster would be a good candidate (and that's without the sidecar).
kailuasurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #62
Mister P
Street Bob - hacked!

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailuasurfer View Post
I wish I ordered them but could not decide how it might work with my wife and daughter combination. Do you just carry your kids?
Hi there, I do carry my kids and wife in the sidecar - seatbelts are adaptable and can also secure a baby chair. As my sun is only 1,5 he's a bit too small for longer rides - my daughter is 3,5 and really enjoys a bit longer rides (couple of hours). Must be possible to source & install such belt yourself - have added a link which I found during a quick google-search. Grtz from Belgium

http://www.google.be/imgres?imgurl=h...ch&um=1&itbs=1
Mister P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #63
Mister P
Street Bob - hacked!

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
I believe Claude also agrees with you about it being a great tug.
Quote:

As for getting out of tight spots, I am very careful to scope out parking spaces. Just have to avoid backing uphill . On level surface, having a sidecar makes it very easy to push or pull (even with just one hand) to move the rig. I would like to hear from other inmates about their experience moving rigs around (particularly heavy ones).

Hi there. Concerning the seatbelts: I can either use them to secure a seat for the children (1,5 and 3,5 years old) of for my wife - theay can be easily adapted. Should not be a big issue to source & install such belts by yourself - have added a link which I found during a quick Google-search.

http://www.google.be/imgres?imgurl=h...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Regarding pushing the rig backwards: does not take an enormous effort ... but would consider installing a reserve gear. Disadvantage that it's rather pricey: 2500 EUR = 3300USD. Other option is to install a 'caravan mover' on the sidecar wheel which is operated by the battery of the rig - some pics on the dutch/belgian 'Motor-Forum' can be found with link below.

http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list.../caravan,mover
Mister P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #64
Pago Cruiser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Here's another fairing idea. Arlen Ness makes em mostly for HD's (but this guy stuck one on his Valk, another humongous bike...), but I'm sure it could be modded to fit. They are not real cheap (about $250 on Ebay), but also not the crazy HD stealership prices either. kind of a Bat Wing lite...

It would be nice if someone made different height windshields, so you could change the windscreen to the season. Or use a shorty in town but a 16" on the trip to the USCA Rally in Idaho next year...
Old 12-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #65
kailuasurfer OP
Dreamer

"Caravan mover" seems interesting. I think I saw one of Claude's rigs with an electric reverse. Not sure how it worked out. I know that the Mobec version is very expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister P View Post

Regarding pushing the rig backwards: does not take an enormous effort ... but would consider installing a reserve gear. Disadvantage that it's rather pricey: 2500 EUR = 3300USD. Other option is to install a 'caravan mover' on the sidecar wheel which is operated by the battery of the rig - some pics on the dutch/belgian 'Motor-Forum' can be found with link below.

http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list.../caravan,mover
Old 12-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #66
kailuasurfer OP
Dreamer

Hmmm. Even a batwing lite may not work for me. I like being able to look down up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pago Cruiser View Post
Here's another fairing idea. Arlen Ness makes em mostly for HD's (but this guy stuck one on his Valk, another humongous bike...), but I'm sure it could be modded to fit. They are not real cheap (about $250 on Ebay), but also not the crazy HD stealership prices either. kind of a Bat Wing lite...

It would be nice if someone made different height windshields, so you could change the windscreen to the season. Or use a shorty in town but a 16" on the trip to the USCA Rally in Idaho next year...
Old 10-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #67
raysk75
n00b

Oddometer: 1
nice rig, how can i contact you? I am thinking of putting one of these together.
raysk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #68
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 8,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysk75 View Post
nice rig, how can i contact you? I am thinking of putting one of these together.
Hover over his icon and click the "send private message" option.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #69
kailuasurfer OP
Dreamer

^ ditto - PM me.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #70
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 7,060
If you find the bike a bit lacking in the HP department how about a Carpenter Racing kit that'll give you a clean 240+

http://www.carpenterracing.com/sbp_TRIII.htm

one for sale here as well.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...triumph+rocket

Dan Alexander screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 08:49 AM
Dan Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote