ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #20611
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 757
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #20612
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,627
Any day rides planned for this weekend or should I just hang at the lake???
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #20613
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290
Wicked

[QUOTE=Slickhorn;22657007]The Koolaid took effect quickly, picked up this 525 MXC in Idaho last week, quick west desert lap yesterday to verify my decision... plated crf450x will be for sale soon...

Nice find and great pics.
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #20614
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Any day rides planned for this weekend or should I just hang at the lake???
I'd be up for a big bike ride this weekend. PM me.
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #20615
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty bird View Post
Would any of you inmates with a KTM Adventure allow me to observe you perform an oil change Ive read a few threads on how to do one but would like to see how it's done. I know this is the is the price one pays for drinking the orange kool aid, a rather involved process to change the oil.
Get yourself one of these and it will save you half a day:
http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/products...tank-hose-kit/

I have one installed and you are welcome to look it over. You know longer will have to pull the panels to do an oil change.

buzzardair screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 03:21 PM
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #20616
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290


Supposedly he traded in 2 950s and a 1200 for a new 800GS.

The guy must be an idiot.
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #20617
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
hey walrus. Great functional halloween costume you have this year.
i assume the sheep get tricked and you get your treat.

lmao
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #20618
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardair View Post


Supposedly he traded in 2 950s and a 1200 for a new 800GS.

The guy must be an idiot.
Supposedly guy who traded it in was an older guy and just wanted something moree street oriented. Traded in the two 950s and an 1150. Go figure. There are little dings on the plate, looks like it had some dirt road duty but that's about it.

Troy from BMW seems like a pretty good guy / straight shooter...

Went down and test rode it last night. In love / it would be perfect. There is only one hickup. My wife is pretty adamantly opposed right now. Normally I don't let things like this have much of an impact (just buy what I want) but she is pretty strongly opinionated on it and pretty adament that I don't get it. with luck I can talk her into it and that it hangs around at the dealer for another day or two. It would literally be perfect. Only thing visibly wrong with it is has a bad headset bearing, which is a pretty easy fix that I've done before. In their eyes it is what it is, a nice lightly beat up 950, which again, is perfect. Other than that rides pretty well, doesn't appear to be burning oil etc. Nicely farkled too, which is a plus...
__________________
andreshoumatoff.smugmug.com
Grand Staircase Escalante Road Reports

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #20619
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardair View Post

Supposedly he traded in 2 950s and a 1200 for a new 800GS.

The guy must be an idiot.
Based on what he bought in the first place, I would have to agree.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #20620
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardair View Post
I'd be up for a big bike ride this weekend. PM me.
Done.

Much like dieselhead there may be a marital influence I had not planned on.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #20621
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Based on what he bought in the first place, I would have to agree.
Could be worse if he traded an adventure bike made from rice

buzzardair screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 03:47 PM
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #20622
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Supposedly guy who traded it in was an older guy and just wanted something moree street oriented. Traded in the two 950s and an 1150. Go figure. There are little dings on the plate, looks like it had some dirt road duty but that's about it.

Troy from BMW seems like a pretty good guy / straight shooter...

Went down and test rode it last night. In love / it would be perfect. There is only one hickup. My wife is pretty adamantly opposed right now. Normally I don't let things like this have much of an impact (just buy what I want) but she is pretty strongly opinionated on it and pretty adament that I don't get it. with luck I can talk her into it and that it hangs around at the dealer for another day or two. It would literally be perfect. Only thing visibly wrong with it is has a bad headset bearing, which is a pretty easy fix that I've done before. In their eyes it is what it is, a nice lightly beat up 950, which again, is perfect. Other than that rides pretty well, doesn't appear to be burning oil etc. Nicely farkled too, which is a plus...
Make her drink the Orange Koolaid, she will love it.
I have a friend with a GS, Multistrade, and several other road bikes. His wife prefers to ride pillion on the back of the 990 any time.

Don't know Troy but the manager Renn is a real slime ball. Wouldn't trust him or anything he has to say. You'd think they wouldn't have hired any of the fools that ran the old dealership into the ground to work at the new one. I won't set foot in there.

I guess to really make an intelligent judgement, we all need to know the year, price, and accessories if you want one.
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #20623
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardair View Post
Make her drink the Orange Koolaid, she will love it.
I have a friend with a GS, Multistrade, and several other road bikes. His wife prefers to ride pillion on the back of the 990 any time.

Don't know Troy but the manager Renn is a real slime ball. Wouldn't trust him or anything he has to say. You'd think they wouldn't have hired any of the fools that ran the old dealership into the ground to work at the new one. I won't set foot in there.

I guess to really make an intelligent judgement, we all need to know the year, price, and accessories if you want one.
Really? I've always liked the guy. Never bought a bike from him, but on a social level he's
been easy to be around.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #20624
buzzardair
Shrubbery Adventurer
 
buzzardair's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Really? I've always liked the guy. Never bought a bike from him, but on a social level he's
been easy to be around.
Don't want to get into it here but over a few Epic brews.........
buzzardair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #20625
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Oww.

Oh wait, what is this big fat check on my desk? Oh yeah, it's for coming in
and sitting at my desk. Huh.

Happy Halloween Utardia!
Thanks for the reminder.....no big fat chick but electronic deposit.......

And all that for not coming in and sitting at any desk....great day weatherwise between about 11 am and 4 pm, then it got a bit chilly....just thought you'd like the update.........
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014