User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
jkmolt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
2 vs 3 wheels

Enjoy my sidecar so much I almost hacked my Triumph, too. Then made the "mistake" of riding the Triumph on a spirited ride through some twisties. I've decided that the Beemer can be my "sedate" ride with the sidecar and the Triumph can be my exciting ride so much so that this almost 70 year old man probably doesn't need an EKG! My old heart really starts beating when the pegs are draggin'!
jkmolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #17
ken williams
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
three wheel and two wheel.

For me a hack became a necessity. I did not want a trike. For the last two summers I have been touring across America. The first summer was two wheels. Trying to haul needed gear left the two wheels dangerously loaded. The bike went down and nicked the skin of my leg which became infected putting me in Denver VA hospital where they treated me. Next summer I put a all steel hack/Cozy Punjab/India and did 6500 miles . Since I do mostly the back roads around 60 MPH or less this is very enjoyable for me seeing America this way. I will probably do Alaska next summer. I have a Norton Commanda electric start which is like new and own it since new. It will do 120 but I never ride it and sits in the Garage. Nice to own something today that has ZERO PLASTIC. With the hack I have a cooler, bigger tent, cook stove etc etc. Carry all that on two wheels and the front end will not hold the ground properly and you will ride dangerously with eventual downer. . I am very impressed with the Cozy construction and riding comfort but a bit small for most American gals. My wife keeps skinny so no problem. Moto Ken
ken williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #18
ken williams
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
moto ken here on tw or three wheels

Check my article on here just submitted. here is a url for the hack and motorcycle

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

ken williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #19
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 6,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken williams View Post
I have a Norton Commanda electric start which is like new and own it since new.

Moto Ken

Brit' bikes are my first passion so don't be scared of posting a pic' of the 850 MK111 either.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #20
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmolt View Post
Enjoy my sidecar so much I almost hacked my Triumph, too. Then made the "mistake" of riding the Triumph on a spirited ride through some twisties. I've decided that the Beemer can be my "sedate" ride with the sidecar and the Triumph can be my exciting ride so much so that this almost 70 year old man probably doesn't need an EKG! My old heart really starts beating when the pegs are draggin'!
That's the attitude
Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #21
MotoJ
Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer: 1,166
I currently own 5 bikes, all registered, including two sidecar rigs- a '78 bmw R80 with a Dnepr car and a '56 IMZ sidevalve 750 rig. For solos I have an Enfield India Bullet 500, a '78 XL1000 Sportster, and a KLR250.

Because two of them are registered with Historic tags the insurance cost is manageable. Plus they're all beaters so I don't bother with anything except liability coverage.

It really is hard to keep up with maintenance for them all, though. I keep telling myself I need to pare down and let three go to others who will ride them more, but I can never decide which ones have to go. I start riding one and it becomes my favorite bike, until I switch up and remember why I liked that one so much, and so on.

If I really had to have only one I would keep the BMW rig. It does everything- twisties, highway, gravel, ice, rain, snow, etc., and gets decent mileage for commuting. Plus the dog wouldn't let it go!