User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #991
SpaceManSpiff
Man of Mystery

Oddometer: 1,075
Hi there Revzilla Rev'it gurus.

I noticed that you have posted a bunch of new Revit videos --so I guess you aren't under "embargo" anymore re: the fall 2013 line-up. I have a Cayenne Pro outfit that I am quite happy with, but am in the market for a vented, Goretex Pro-Shell, pant for touring.

I am liking the Poseidon GTX (it looks like a nice piece of kit)--the pants in particular.
I hope it is ok if I ask a couple of questions:

1. It looks like the main chassis is 600D Cordura...are there additional abrasion resistant materials in the knees or seat? (I didn't see any mention of Armacor or Superfabric. Or maybe it has dual layers?)

2. Is the 600D fabric rip-stop?

3. In the videos, you didn't mention the "waxed" fabric --what is it, and where is it used?

4. Would you say that the pant sizing is the same as the Cayenne Pro? Is your model in the video wearing a Large regular size?

Thanks!
(I really appreciate the effort you put into with the videos).

EDIT: I assume that the pics of the pants on your website are of pre-production pieces? For the big Aquadefence thigh vent --the zipper is not water-resistant and runs in the wrong direction compared to what is in the video. Just sayin'... :)

SpaceManSpiff screwed with this post 09-07-2013 at 04:44 PM
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #992
G.Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Poseidon

I'm also pretty keen on the Poseidon Jacket and possibly the Pants.

I have a question about the Goretex fabric. I currently wear the Dainese Phillip Goretex Jacket.

I see that the Poseidon is using Goretex Pro. With the Pro breathe better than the standard (ie older and vanilla) Goretex?

Also is the Gore Pro used in the Poseidon, the new version of Gore Pro? Goretex announced that their Pro fabric has been upgraded to allow greater breathability of between 10-28% than the old PRO. And also has ripstop baked in.

Hope to hear from the experts on this.
G.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #993
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,179
Interested in adding a Seesoft Back Protector to a Medium Sand 2. I know it's type RV, but how are you going to know the size of the protector itself. Is it sized to the jacket or rider?
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #994
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
Interested in adding a Seesoft Back Protector to a Medium Sand 2. I know it's type RV, but how are you going to know the size of the protector itself. Is it sized to the jacket or rider?
I think it said on a tag right on the pocket of the jacket where it goes. If you have the jacket already....
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #995
lookaught
Loner Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 207
Has anyone altered Rev'it pants to lower the waist? I like the defender pants a lot and they fit me well as long as I don't wear the thermal liner, but the high waist drives me nuts. I'd just prefer a lower waist like Klim pants.

I realize this is not ideal for waterproofing and probably it's better to have a high waist for crash protection, but wearing pants for 14 hours a day makes it a bit irritating... so I'm thinking about having them altered if I can find a competent shop to do the work.

Suggestions?
Solo Ride Pennsylvania to Anchorage, Alaska and back 2011

Two Ape supermotos take on the Dragon
lookaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #996
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookaught View Post
Has anyone altered Rev'it pants to lower the waist? I like the defender pants a lot and they fit me well as long as I don't wear the thermal liner, but the high waist drives me nuts. I'd just prefer a lower waist like Klim pants.

I realize this is not ideal for waterproofing and probably it's better to have a high waist for crash protection, but wearing pants for 14 hours a day makes it a bit irritating... so I'm thinking about having them altered if I can find a competent shop to do the work.

Suggestions?
Why not just sell them and buy the Klim pants you want? I'd be a player for used Defender pants. What size are they?
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #997
lookaught
Loner Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX View Post
Why not just sell them and buy the Klim pants you want? I'd be a player for used Defender pants. What size are they?
I've considered that, and the pants are for sale or for trade:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923323

They are 34L. I like the fit of Klim pants but I really also like the liner system in the defenders because when it's hot and sunny they are very lightweight and have excellent vents, whereas the Klim pants incorporate the goretex into the shell so they are a lot heavier. I had planned to buy some Klim Latitude pants to wear for a while and decide if I prefer them, I just haven't found a used set for sale yet. I love the cut I just don't know if I can manage the heavy construction.

...if only the defenders were cut lower.
Solo Ride Pennsylvania to Anchorage, Alaska and back 2011

Two Ape supermotos take on the Dragon
lookaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #998
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,349
Anyone have an issue with the liners losing their seam tape? After literally less than half a dozen uses the seam tape on the liner from my jacket is both 99% off, the ends are still on but the rest is no longer connected.

Since I have a windproof \ waterproof technical shell jacket that I've always used as the insulating and windproof layer under this jacket the original one was never used. Then a few weeks back I found it and decided to pack it for a road trip.

Aside from the first week or so with the jacket, it's been sitting in the closet for the past year or so.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #999
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Quote:
I've considered that, and the pants are for sale or for trade:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923323

They are 34L. I like the fit of Klim pants but I really also like the liner system in the defenders because when it's hot and sunny they are very lightweight and have excellent vents, whereas the Klim pants incorporate the goretex into the shell so they are a lot heavier. I had planned to buy some Klim Latitude pants to wear for a while and decide if I prefer them, I just haven't found a used set for sale yet. I love the cut I just don't know if I can manage the heavy construction.

...if only the defenders were cut lower.
Too small for me - thanks anyhow. GLWS
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 11-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #1000
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 153
Quote:

Suggestions?
Hi Lookaught,

The waistband of the REV'IT! pants were not designed to be altered. You could try reaching out to Rainy Pass Repair for a quote, but I might guess it will cost you north of $150 for the alteration. Keep in mind, to alter the pants, you also have to move the full circumference liner zippers and jacket attachment zippers to create the lower rise. This might also affect how the liners hang on the inside of the pants with some excess bunching.

If there is another option for a riding pant that fits your body better, I would say it's easier to throw your Defender pants on eBay and purchase the pants that fit correctly.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Held Q&A: 2014 Held Gloves & Gear to the U.S.
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #1001
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Anyone have an issue with the liners losing their seam tape? After literally less than half a dozen uses the seam tape on the liner from my jacket is both 99% off, the ends are still on but the rest is no longer connected.

Since I have a windproof \ waterproof technical shell jacket that I've always used as the insulating and windproof layer under this jacket the original one was never used. Then a few weeks back I found it and decided to pack it for a road trip.

Aside from the first week or so with the jacket, it's been sitting in the closet for the past year or so.
Hi HaChayalBoded,

Depending on time of purchase, it sounds like you might be eligible for a warranty replacement liner. You would have to contact REV'IT! Sport USA directly, but I know they have many sizes / styles of replacement waterproof liners on hand.

I've had many REV'IT! products and have never had an issue with the seam tape failing. Was the liner ever thrown in a washing machine or exposed to a direct heat source? I'm sure the answers to those questions are no, but I'd also guess that REV'IT! will ask you the same thing.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

Held Q&A: 2014 Held Gloves & Gear to the U.S.
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #1002
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi HaChayalBoded,

Depending on time of purchase, it sounds like you might be eligible for a warranty replacement liner. You would have to contact REV'IT! Sport USA directly, but I know they have many sizes / styles of replacement waterproof liners on hand.

I've had many REV'IT! products and have never had an issue with the seam tape failing. Was the liner ever thrown in a washing machine or exposed to a direct heat source? I'm sure the answers to those questions are no, but I'd also guess that REV'IT! will ask you the same thing.

Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
No washing machine or direct heat source.

Since it's a waterproof liner for a mesh jacket it might have been exposed to rain once or twice and wind. When I first got the jacket I did wear it with a heated vest, but it was not in contact with the rain liner.

Also, the seam tape peeled off the arms, not the torso.

I asked REV'IT! already, but I picked this up at their annual sample sale, so I'm not sure it's covered under any warranty.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #1003
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,355
I'm looking for a dual-sport style helmet with a built in sunshade. I have AFX-FX39 and want to upgrade to something similar, but with a better build quality. It looks like there aren't many adv helmets with a sunshade on the market:

Givi X-Tourer
Suomi MX Tourer
AFX-FX41
AFX-FX55
Did I miss anything?
Both AFX helmets are delayed many times, I'm not sure if I want to wait for them. The first batch of Givis had issues with ventilation and Pinlock compatibility. Have they been resolved? Do you/will you carry the Suomi?

Thank you.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #1004
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Hey Ali, I'm thinking about in adding the ReV'it! Enterprise pants to my moto-wardrobe. Can you give me your impression of them and maybe put up some pics showing the operation of the leg zips? Thanks.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 02-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #1005
TBickell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
New Rev-it Voltiac jacket?

I have been looking for a Horizon jacket but none to be found. I am wondering if this new product is the replacement for the Horizon Hi Viz? I am looking for a jacket that has a waterproof shell but vents well so it can be used in temps that range from 50 ( with a layer or liner) to 80 degrees. I know that typically jackets with the waterproof shells do not breath as well but if the vents go to the body they can work at higher temps. It seems that Klim is the only one that really does this. I love the Rev-it gear so before I spend a lot of money on the Klim Latitude Misano I thought I would see if Rev-it is doing anything comparable. I have had good luck with the Cayenne Pro but I ride a lot in Montana in the summer and it would be nice to not have to pull the water-proof liner in and out depending on the rain situation. The Spectrum is another option as well but that has the 3 liner system too. I want Hi-Viz for sure.
TBickell is offline   Reply With Quote