Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #601
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitwrench View Post
How will the street version differ? I'm looking for a single light with a wide beam for use as my lowbeam, possibly with a dimmer.
Thanks,
Jackson
Thanks for asking.
It will be dimmable, have a spot to hang blinkers from and include covers for dispersing the light a bit differently. It will not carry a dot cert.

We are also working on a 70 watt 8" led light, not sure we can tone that down for the street, but we will try.
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #602
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Introducing new Cyclops distributor

We are proud to introduce a new Distributor in Japan.
Speed sports is the Leading provider of powered snowsports Machines, parts and accessories in Japan.
We are happy they recognized quality and chose to distribute Cyclops products threw out Japan.
Its not often products go from the USA to the east, Quality makes all the difference.

It will take them a few days to get everything loaded and in stock, If your in japan or shipping from Japan is less expensive than from the US, please give these guys a shout!

http://shop.speedsports.jp/contact
1-800-624-0278
Old 11-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #603
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dimmers etc..

I would like to hear some feedback on dimmers.
Although I personally really like our adjustable dimmer with the multi function switch, I realize that not everyone thinks the same or likes the same setup.
To that we have been messing around with the Skeene dimmer, with a slight mod we have been able to make the Skeene dimmer work with the Long Range lights.
The Skeene dimmer allows the use of factory handle bar switches even on the GS, gives quite a bit of user control and also eliminates the relay and some wiring.
Our existing dimmer also allows you to use your factory switches on most bikes, it does not on the GS.

The Skeene 175 has a flash mode and cost slightly more.. Is this something that most would find useful?

Should we offer kits as we have been and also offer the Skeene option?

Would to many choices on dimmers confuse the customer?

I appreciate your feedback
1-800-624-0278
Old 11-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #604
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 885
I've got the long range aux lights and like them, but don't want them mounted to my barkbusters anymore. Hitting trees and the ground... they always go askew.
Doesn't anyone make a low mount for USD forks? I know there was the set someone made for a 990 (I think), but that was specific to his bike. I have scoured the web, but can't find anything.

Edit: I found these KC mounts for cars, and I think they should work...

Edit - they won't fit my 57mm forks. I'm in-between sizes, dammit.

JustRon screwed with this post 11-27-2013 at 11:08 AM
JustRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #605
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRon View Post
I've got the long range aux lights and like them, but don't want them mounted to my barkbusters anymore. Hitting trees and the ground... they always go askew.
Doesn't anyone make a low mount for USD forks? I know there was the set someone made for a 990 (I think), but that was specific to his bike. I have scoured the web, but can't find anything.

Edit: I found these KC mounts for cars, and I think they should work...

Those look like they will work if the sizing is correct. We tried to get some commitments for the Nice fork mounts. I think the price was a bit high for most.
The LR lights are a bit large for hand guard mounting. The nxg's are usually the lights we recommend for that particular setup.
1-800-624-0278
Old 11-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #606
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Skene dimmer is awesome. Id love to know how you made it work since I have one sitting in my toolbox.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #607
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Skene dimmer is awesome. Id love to know how you made it work since I have one sitting in my toolbox.
Pm coming your way...
1-800-624-0278
Old 11-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #608
Boats313
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
When I was shopping for lights the Skene IQ-175 was the reason I almost went with another setup.

I have no regrets going with the Long Range 10/20 degree lights, in fact since buying them I had forgotten all about the Skene and any other lights out there. But now that you mention it, I would be interested in that set up and would have bought one if it was available.
Boats313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #609
paulvandenbogaard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
cable & dimmer feedback

Hi, I did not yet have the time to start working on connecting the lights to the power. The LR's fit perfectly using the SW-motech brackets (for HAWK) on my KTM 990 SMT. The fork legs just have a couple of mm of space left when steering. However my initial impression after "dry fitting" is that the cabling is too short. When the multifunction switch goes on the handlebar I do not have adequate amount of cable left. By your advise the dimmer (which I find rather big...) is best placed in a shielded place. That would be under the saddle. The route from there to the handle bar is way longer than the length of the provided cables.
Unfortunately also the cables from lights to relay are too short, even if I will be able to place that relay in the headlight area (which is already filled with lots of wires etc). I would have liked to put the relay under the seat too, however this doesn't solve the cable length issue at all...

One day soon the bike will be in winter sleep. The right period to strip her down, and see how to best solve the wiring issues. Hope to use the LR's starting CY14.

Must say all contacts seem to be connected perfectly and all electrical wires are shielded nicely with an extra 'do not know how this is called' layer of "black plastic". Quality is not an issue at all, it's just that "one size does not fit all"....

That Skene dimmer looks great. This one will surely fit in/around that headlight unit, seeing it is so small.
paulvandenbogaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #610
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats313 View Post
When I was shopping for lights the Skene IQ-175 was the reason I almost went with another setup.

I have no regrets going with the Long Range 10/20 degree lights, in fact since buying them I had forgotten all about the Skene and any other lights out there. But now that you mention it, I would be interested in that set up and would have bought one if it was available.
Thank you!! This is great feedback and very much appreciated!!
1-800-624-0278
Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #611
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvandenbogaard View Post
Hi, I did not yet have the time to start working on connecting the lights to the power. The LR's fit perfectly using the SW-motech brackets (for HAWK) on my KTM 990 SMT. The fork legs just have a couple of mm of space left when steering. However my initial impression after "dry fitting" is that the cabling is too short. When the multifunction switch goes on the handlebar I do not have adequate amount of cable left. By your advise the dimmer (which I find rather big...) is best placed in a shielded place. That would be under the saddle. The route from there to the handle bar is way longer than the length of the provided cables.
Unfortunately also the cables from lights to relay are too short, even if I will be able to place that relay in the headlight area (which is already filled with lots of wires etc). I would have liked to put the relay under the seat too, however this doesn't solve the cable length issue at all...

One day soon the bike will be in winter sleep. The right period to strip her down, and see how to best solve the wiring issues. Hope to use the LR's starting CY14.

Must say all contacts seem to be connected perfectly and all electrical wires are shielded nicely with an extra 'do not know how this is called' layer of "black plastic". Quality is not an issue at all, it's just that "one size does not fit all"....

That Skene dimmer looks great. This one will surely fit in/around that headlight unit, seeing it is so small.

I can see that, The SMR or most naked bikes are probably the toughest bikes to setup with aux lighting. The harnesses where designed for adventure or bikes with some type of body panels/windscreen.
We would make a specific kit, but the call is fairly low. You should be able to custom tailor the harness without to much difficulty.

We do make custom harnesses

Moving to the skeene dimmer will be a slight challenge for us, as it can be configured in several configurations, making wire lengths that much more variable.
Right now the harness is plug and play for most bikes, with the skeene it may require more custom tailoring for the installer.
Pros are less wiring, no relay and a smaller overall wire bundle.
Cons, it will cost more and most likely require a bit more work to install.
1-800-624-0278
Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #612
DiabloADV
Semi-Occasional

Oddometer: 2,174
Question...

I have a Baja Designs 8" halogen Soltek race light, on my dual sport/daily driver. I need to add a "high beam" capability to it.

Would one of your Optimus round lights, attached to the side bolt of my Soltek, be suitable as my "high beam?"
'91 Bill Holland Steel w/Dura Ace

'01 Z3 3.0 Coupe. The Clownshoe.
DiabloADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #613
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloADV View Post
Question...

I have a Baja Designs 8" halogen Soltek race light, on my dual sport/daily driver. I need to add a "high beam" capability to it.

Would one of your Optimus round lights, attached to the side bolt of my Soltek, be suitable as my "high beam?"

Thanks for asking

Are you looking for light that is brighter or a light to get you "legal" as far as adding a high/low.
Second what bike? Halogens will run on AC ,most dirt or dual sport bikes have AC headlight circuits. Not all so that info is important.
All LEDs will require DC. If you have Dc then yes the long range or our NXG series would work great. NXG is smaller lighter and would work great in this application.
The long Range might be a little big at 3".
A great race setup is a halogen or HID 8" with a set of NXG primes mounted on each side of the 8"
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 11-12-2013 at 02:43 PM
Old 11-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #614
DiabloADV
Semi-Occasional

Oddometer: 2,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
Thanks for asking

Are you looking for light that is brighter or a light to get you "legal" as far as adding a high/low.
Second what bike? Halogens will run on AC most dirt or dual sport bikes have AC circuits.
All LEDs will require DC. If you have Dc then yes the long range or our NXG series would work great. NXG is smaller lighter and would work great in this application.
The long Range might be a little big at 3".
A great race setup is a halogen or HID 8" with a set of NXG primes mounted on each side of the 8"
Slightly brighter, but mainly to get legal.
Bike is '74 BMW boxer w/upgraded charging. LOTS of power.

What beam spread is right for nighttime road riding?
'91 Bill Holland Steel w/Dura Ace

'01 Z3 3.0 Coupe. The Clownshoe.
DiabloADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #615
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloADV View Post
Slightly brighter, but mainly to get legal.
Bike is '74 BMW boxer w/upgraded charging. LOTS of power.

What beam spread is right for nighttime road riding?
Ah not what I was expecting an 8" to be on. Sounds cool and unique.
You have dc so the LEDs wont be an issue.
I prefer 10 degree beams, particularly if your using them as high beams. On that bike the Long Range would fit well.
Thanks again..
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 11-12-2013 at 04:13 PM