ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #1
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
Holan Nomada Pro panniers and more for the KTM 1190 Adventure




Holan is busy prototyping Nomada Pro pannier systems for the new KTM 1190 Adventure to ensure you have an "ADV-ready" option when the bikes arrive in North America. Pictures here reflect the prototype rack, but I'll post up more pictures as a production-ready system is completed. Once I have more details on other Holan products for this bike - crashbars, headlight lens guard, top case plate, luggage rack, etc. - I'll update this thread, but expect the offerings will be similar to what they have for the 950/990 Adventure. If there's something specific you'd like to see for the 1190, please let me know - I'm always happy to check and see if it's either on the product roadmap or is something they can add!

In contrast to most other symmetrical Nomada Pro systems, the 1190 Adventure uses an asymmetrical setup to achieve the best visual balance on the bike. That highly styled factory exhaust keeps the pannier rack from getting much closer to the bike (see pictures below), so the best fit and narrowest profile is achieved with an exhaust cut and one size smaller pannier. For reference, the prototype in these pictures has a 38L full-size pannier on the left side of the bike, with a 31L exhaust-cut pannier on the right.




Preliminary system width measurements for the asymmetrical Pro system (with exhaust cut) are as follows....
  • 31L (Exhaust Cut) + 38L Nomada Pro panniers - 92cm, or 36.2"
  • 38L (Exhaust Cut) + 45L Nomada Pro panniers - 100cm, or 39.4"
As with all Holan pannier systems, the weld and powdercoating quality is first rate. Standard systems will still come with powdercoated black steel racks and natural/aluminum panniers, with stainless racks, powdercoated panniers (matte black or gray), and powdercoated lids all available as upgrades. We will have pricing available shortly, but expect it will be in line with the other Nomada Pro systems seen here.

Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.

Thanks!

Jason
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 12-19-2013 at 06:42 AM
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 707
hey mate,
that looks alright.. Just one thing though, whats just the rack worth? as I dont want to run hard panniers?

Cheers,
speed_racer
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
amitch888
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Central Victoria
Oddometer: 15
X2 I'd be keen on just a rack.

Cheers, Mitch
amitch888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
Hi guys - thanks for the interest! I might recommend you contact Holan's Australian distributor as he can probably get the racks to you a bit cheaper than having me ship from the States. The website is www.mtdtours.com, and I think he goes by 'lockyv7' on ADVrider.

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer
 
speed_racer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Oddometer: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hi guys - thanks for the interest! I might recommend you contact Holan's Australian distributor as he can probably get the racks to you a bit cheaper than having me ship from the States. The website is www.mtdtours.com, and I think he goes by 'lockyv7' on ADVrider.
Thanks!
Thanks mate, your probably right. I was just curious on the price though.. as Locky told me to wait a month before he gets the pricing..

Cheers,
SR
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Dr LC8
...soon or later
 
Dr LC8's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Manchester...but from Rome!
Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post



Holan is busy prototyping Nomada Pro pannier systems for the new KTM 1190 Adventure to ensure you have an "ADV-ready" option when the bikes arrive in North America. Pictures here reflect the prototype rack, but I'll post up more pictures as a production-ready system is completed. Once I have more details on other Holan products for this bike - crashbars, headlight lens guard, top case plate, luggage rack, etc. - I'll update this thread, but expect the offerings will be similar to what they have for the 950/990 Adventure. If there's something specific you'd like to see for the 1190, please let me know - I'm always happy to check and see if it's either on the product roadmap or is something they can add!

In contrast to most other symmetrical Nomada Pro systems, the 1190 Adventure uses an asymmetrical setup to achieve the best visual balance on the bike. That highly styled factory exhaust keeps the pannier rack from getting much closer to the bike (see pictures below), so the best fit and narrowest profile is achieved with an exhaust cut and one size smaller pannier. For reference, the prototype in these pictures has a 38L full-size pannier on the left side of the bike, with a 31L exhaust-cut pannier on the right.















Preliminary system width measurements for the asymmetrical Pro system (with exhaust cut) are as follows....
  • 31L (Exhaust Cut) + 38L Nomada Pro panniers - 92cm, or 36.2"
  • 38L (Exhaust Cut) + 45L Nomada Pro panniers - 100cm, or 39.4"
As with all Holan pannier systems, the weld and powdercoating quality is first rate. Standard systems will still come with powdercoated black steel racks and natural/aluminum panniers, with stainless racks, powdercoated panniers (matte black or gray), and powdercoated lids all available as upgrades. We will have pricing available shortly, but expect it will be in line with the other Nomada Pro systems seen here.

Any questions, please feel free to PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.

Thanks!

Jason
Very nice. I friend of mine has it got on a 640 ADV and they are very nice. Not any worst then my Touratech KTM!

Nic
__________________
Explore Alps Off Road: www.over2000riders.com
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200
2008 KTM LC8 990 ADV S
2003 KTM LC8 950 ADV
Trips:Europe,Africa,Asia
Dr LC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #7
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler
 
Davy F's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: 36th Ulster Divison
Oddometer: 254
Are these into full production yet and are there any updated pictures ?
__________________
Good luck exploring the infinate abbyss !
Davy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
Hi Davy F - I'll check in with Holan and see if I can get some more info on pricing and availability. We haven't received any in the States yet, but if they are built and in stock at the factory, it's no problem to bring them in.

Thanks!

Jason
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #9
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
Hi guys - the systems are in production and can be ordered from the factory as usual. Our December order will be going in early next week. and I would expect any pre-orders placed on that production run to arrive at our shop in New York by late February. It's possible they could show up sooner, but that's probably a realistic expectation. I should have the system up on our website later this weekend (I've got quite a few new products for the new 1190 to add from multiple suppliers), but here's a quick summary:
  • Nomada Pro II System 31L + 38L - Black Racks / Natural Aluminum Panniers - $1,099.99
  • Nomada Pro II System 38L + 45L - Black Racks / Natural Aluminum Panniers - $1,114.99
Stainless steel racks in bead-blast finish will be available as usual for a $50 upcharge, and panniers and lids can be powdercoated in a matte textured black or gray for an additional $70 (or just lids alone for $25). Optional lock sets in 4-packs or 6-packs keyed alike are recommended and are in stock.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me, email us at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks again!

Jason
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
We've been hard at work loading up a bunch of new products on the site for the 1190 Adventure / R, including the Holan pannier systems for both the stock and Remus Hexacone exhaust. You can see the full catalog for the 1190 by clicking here, and we'll be adding products daily over the next week or so.

I'll also post some new pictures of the Holan Nomada Pro II panniers systems for the 1190 later today, and get everything linked to the respective product pages. We have another order going in to Holan this week for estimated delivery in late February, so please PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com for more info if you'd like to be added to the list.

Thanks!
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
Some new pictures of the asymmetrical 1190 Adventure / R system....pics to come shortly of the even narrower symmetrical system (requires the Remus exhaust). The R model shown below has a 31L + 38L setup with the bead blasted stainless racks and optional lower luggage loops. You can also see the stainless single water bottle mount on the right 31L pannier, the 3L fuel bottle and stainless mount on the left 38L pannier, and the ADV box that fits below the pannier.

All the pictures are now linked to the respective product pages on our website, so please feel free to click for more info! Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!


__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #12
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
And the pictures of the symmetrical system, which requires the Remus Hexacone exhaust. For reference, these are 31L panniers in natural aluminum with black lids. You can just make out the optional Holan ADV box mounted underneath the left pannier in the second picture.

As the Remus-specific system is symmetrical (Holan starts with two equal size panniers before one is notched for the exhaust), it will look the most visually balanced on the bike and really gets about as tight to the bike as possible. To compare:

Asymmetrical Holan Nomada Pro II System (Stock or Aftermarket Exhaust) -
  • 31L + 38L - 92cm
  • 38L + 45L - 100cm
Symmetrical Holan Nomada Pro II System (Remus Hexacone Exhaust Required) -
  • 2 x 31L - 87cm
  • 2 x 38L - 95cm
  • 2 x 45L - 103cm
One of the great unknowns at this point is what (if any) other aftermarket exhausts will fit with the "Remus-specific" pannier racks. As soon as I get confirmed fitments I'll post up here, but at this point the only I can recommend is the one that is known to work....and unfortunately, I don't carry Remus exhausts. ....and as of 1/31, ADV Motorrad is now a REMUS dealer and can source the required Hexacone exhaust for this system!

You can click on any of the pictures below to be linked directly to the Remus-specific system page. Any questions, please feel free to contact me!


__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 03-09-2014 at 03:51 AM
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #13
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento
Oddometer: 391
Thank you for the information. I have been looking at this set up.
I have a wings short exhaust so I'll be waiting to hear what you find out about other exhausts.
__________________
09 GSA
11 F800gs
PatSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:47 AM   #14
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatSmith View Post
Thank you for the information. I have been looking at this set up.
I have a wings short exhaust so I'll be waiting to hear what you find out about other exhausts.
Thanks Pat - will definitely update this thread as soon as I get confirmed fitment info. From the quick research I did on the Wings site, that pipe tucks in pretty closely so there's a good chance it would work, but will keep you posted.

Of course....we signed on as a Remus dealer yesterday, so now I have access to that uber-cool Hexacone.
__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 AM   #15
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer
 
rotaryracer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Webster, NY
Oddometer: 620
We just received three of Holan's headlight guards for the 1190 Adventure / R. The pictures below are of the prototype in raw steel and loosely mounted; the finished product comes in powdercoated matte black. Protect that headlight for a fraction of the cost of a replacement! These are priced at $89.99 and available to ship immediately. You can click here or on any of the pictures below to be taken to the product page.


__________________
Jason Smith
www.advmotorrad.com

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014