Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #5896
azorat
grand Vizir

Oddometer: 50
Thank you Mark

Mark,
I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of "thank you" that is coming out of this amazing community.
You took us through a fantastic adventure, you made us laugh at some of your funny remarks and comments, you posted great pictures and videos.
You also made us sombrely reflect on the realities of Alzheimer's disease and you made us cry with the story of Reesey.
(for those who missed the posts back in 2012: a 2 year girl that developed cancer. From what I see in her mother's blog, Reesey is not out of danger, but she is doing better).

So: thank you again.
Keep us posted on next Chapter 4 on your life - and keep on doing your "Radioman jump"!

azorat screwed with this post 11-10-2013 at 01:48 PM
azorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #5897
scarter435
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
I join everyone else in congratulating you on a magnificent ride report, which ought to be made into a book or a movie. Or perhaps you should become the world spokesman for BMW motorcycles... This thread sets the mark for internet postings which isn't likely to be topped for a long time.

Thanks for sharing your life - and your outlook on the world - with us. It's been an inspiration to many.
scarter435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #5898
Vagabond_Explorer
Relax_Unwind_Chill

Oddometer: 131
We'll miss your Radioman Explorer's Blog!

Mark, when you were here in Sydney, I thought you might end up with a job or marry an Australian bikini model. But then I always remember someone's tag line, "a wife and a steady job have been the ruin of many a good biker".

Many of you don't know this, but Mark is just as good on 4 wheels as he is on 2.

He gets on well with the locals.

He's a great co-pilot.

Everyone he comes across is touched by his humanity and good humour.

We wish you well, Mark, and hope to catch up one day with you in the USA! Thanks for inspiring us with your travels and wonderful stories.
Vagabond_Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #5899
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
Hey Mark,
WOW!! Thats how my Sunday morning starting after catching up from a few weeks of way to much stuff going on. I can't believe the journey is coming to an end, but I am happy that you are returning back home safe.

I know I am not the only one that has followed you from the start, but what I didn't realize until I went back and looked this morning was just how long I have been following this RR. I realized that I was the 4th post on this 400 page thread!!! First 3 were yours!!!!! Although I have only met you briefly, I, along with the rest of the ADV community, feel like I have known you a lifetime!! You pour your heart into writing about all your travels, I have read the other RRs, and know deep down you are one very special person and very easy to make a friend.

I can say that I am happy and sad this morning. Your adventures are inspiring, you words make us all see there is still good in people and the world in general. So I am sad to see this chapter end. But I am happy that you are coming home and will be able to move on with the next chapter and maybe just be more Mark than Radioman for a little while. I am sure your family misses you and will be very glad to have you home for the holidays.

The door to The A2 Resort is always open for you my friend. Angie and I would love to have you come for a visit. I have two bikes now, so you could fly and be like a normal tourist in south FLA!!! Ride safe these last few weeks and I hope your transit back to the states goes smoothly!!! Of course you have this whole shipping thing down pretty good now, so I am sure it will be a piece of cake.

Take Care,
Andy and Angie.

ps.........so next spring I am heading to the SW to tag the fourth corner of the US and Canada on the bike. June/July 2015 going back to AK so that my riding buddy can tag his last corner. Maybe we ride together again soon!!
A
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #5900
RokLobster
Far from sanity

Oddometer: 78
A sincere thank you Mark. I too have been following along since the beginning of your ride (I joined the forum because of your report) and have vicariously lived your adventure and am saddened to hear that it will soon end. There are a few bikers on this site that are inspiring in their travels - Colebatch, RoninMoto (Noah), iDave, RTWDoug, and many others (too many to list here) and of course Radioman. The difference to me, between you and the others, is you have shared multiple journeys - the loss of Chris, your healing process, and your travels. For this, and your sincerity in sharing those journeys, we thank you and I for one will miss my daily checks to see where you are in the world and in what new adventures you have participated. Again, thank you and if you are ever in New England - either giving a talk or just riding about, let us New Englander's know, I am sure that are quite a few that would love to share a beer or two with you.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #5901
GoosePilot
Bicycle

Oddometer: 61
Cederberg Oasis - South Africa

Mark - whan an honour and absolute pleasure to have met you this weekend at the OASIS! (http://www.cederbergoasis.co.za/)
So glad you're having a great time and more than that - the fact that you are enjoying our beautiful country.......... which undoubtably has some of the most stunning DS riding in the world.....(fyi - we have over 500,000km of roads of which only 12% have been paved....... DS heaven!)

So you timed it perfectly to join our bi-annual get together at one of our favourite spots.... FANTASTIC......... The Wilddog Adventure Rider Forum (www.wilddog.za.net) have some great people and we hope that you felt right at home!

Thought you'd enjoy a few of the pics I took........ section of road on the way to the venue.

what we were all there for...... Pig & Lamp on a Spit

friends made......... Paul (Monkeyboy) Mark, Leigh (MissM), Peter (Goose) & Andy (Andy660)

Mark's portion.........

pure enjoyment!!

bit of a panmorama of the campsite in the Cederberg........

Safe travels my friend - until we meet again!
GoosePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #5902
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoosePilot View Post
So glad you're having a great time and more than that - the fact that you are enjoying our beautiful country.......... which undoubtably has some of the most stunning DS riding in the world.....(fyi - we have over 500,000km of roads of which only 12% have been paved....... DS heaven!)

Safe travels my friend - until we meet again!
Thanks Peter! was indeed a pleasure to meet you and so many others this weekend! and get to ride some of the Cederberg area! Awesome!

I have no doubt we will meet again!

Ok.... Enjoy the pictures. I am a bit behind, as I am riding the Garden Route now in the remaining time here in South Africa. Rode about 1,000 KM of Gravel roads in the past 3 days, over stunning mountain passes and all around!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #5903
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradlo View Post
Mark...I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago, and have now "caught up with you"! A truly inspiring journey.
Stuart Thanks for posting up. As others that take the time to write ride reports, it is always an honor to see first time posts in your thread. Means that someone was motivated enough to comment on your RR ! Thanks!

Mark

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 11-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #5904
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood8 View Post
Oh f*ck, this is Promise you will ride once again after this?
Indeed, I will be riding again, and i truly believe their will be more of Radioman rides the world, Part 2

Thanks

Old 11-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #5905
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixels View Post

You're gonna be here before the holidays????
Will be in touch Nicky.....

Old 11-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #5906
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulio View Post
Hey Radioman

I've been lurking this thread for quite a while. I really enjoyed reading your stories and seeing photos of your travels. A true inspiration!
Ben, Again thanks for adding your first post to comment on my RR! Like I have said before, it is an honor to see this be your first post! Lurker no longer So glad you have enjoyed it!

Old 11-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #5907
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
Mark,

Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your adventures.

Thanks,
Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpec View Post
Mark, It is and was absolutely great to follow your blog and am sorry to see that your fun run is coming to an end. I am from South Africa and enjoyed you SA part very much especially when you arrive at Cape Agulhas area, where I am from.
So glad your enjoying my travels through your beautiful country! It has been great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Cliff View Post
I'm sad that Radioman's great RR will be discontinued soon. Thank you Radioman so much for sharing.
Thanks! Not really going to just "discontinue" but will be a long transition to new parts of life..... including more riding !

Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #5908
capeklr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
I see that you where well fed.
If you leave Cederberg Oasis hungry then its your own fault.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #5909
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
We often resist the turning of the pages of life because of the comfort we have in staying in the same chapter. But that is not how a book gets read or a life lived. I know when college ends, children are born, loved ones lost, that we are sometimes forced into the next chapter.

Most of the time, we would prefer the comfort of no change. I can't tell you how much I have grown as a person when I had to deal with "forced" change. Much like when it's time for eaglets to fly the Momma eagle actually brings rocks and sticks into the nest purposely making it uncomfortable for them to stay.

Mark, you have shown me (and us in ADV community) that turning the pages to the next chapter is life and to embrace it! The safe move would have been to stay in the nest back home, but somehow or someway your nest was stirred to enable you to fly off for adventure. You my friend are a true adventurer...............

ps - pm me whenever you head through AZ, let's ride!
Thanks for these comments. This adventure was never a "lifetime" on the road, but truly a chapter. I did not know how long it would be when I left.... But always knew that somehow, I would know when to end the chapter.

That said, with any transition in life, the unknown can be scary. Have had the conversation a few times along the way, but most recent with Lily. She made a comment like " going back will be harder than continuing on" or something close to this. It is true that change can be difficult. I have mentioned it a few times, I have some "anxious moments when I think about going "home" and starting over. What will I do to make a living, how will it feel to go back to our House, and start life over again. Etc..... But the things we "fear" typically are not as "bad" as we think they will be.

And each adventure or change happens one step at a time. I know I have one life to live and I will try to make the most of it!

Here's to change!! Cheers!

PS: I will be in Arizona in Last of Nov, early Dec

Old 11-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #5910
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeklr View Post
I see that you where well fed.
If you leave Cederberg Oasis hungry then its your own fault.
That is for sure! Chantal and her Husband (cannot remember his name) Where fantastic hosts!!