Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #4366
CTDan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Can anyone tell me if the sertao has a rev limiter?

Thanks,
Dan
CTDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #4367
windowto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDan View Post
Can anyone tell me if the sertao has a rev limiter?

Thanks,
Dan
Yes it does.
windowto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #4368
ibgary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rordog View Post
I'm going to be selling my Sertao, so I wanting to give fellow Sertao owners first shot on some aftermarket items. They are in very good condition, otherwise stated. Price is shipped in the CONUS. Payment will be paypal (gift) or USPS money order.

-Touratech GD Handguards w/ 34mm risers. reg $188.10 sell $110

Why r u selling?

-Touratech Folding Shift Lever. reg $56.80 sell $40

-Touratech Folding Brake Pedal. reg $107.20 sell $70

-
Why r u selling?
ibgary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #4369
ibgary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Happy days. I finished the thread.

My thanks go out to all the contributers. Nylon, I hope your back in the saddle soon. You are the man.

Now I've finished this and the G650GS threads. On to the Parallel Universe, while waiting for the XL1200R to sell.
Now how do I post a pic of my Thunderbird on Weston pass?
ibgary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #4370
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Michelin T63

I'm still trying to catch up on the thread due to all the riding I've been doing. A couple weeks ago, I had to change out my TKC80 front while on a trip and decided to try the Michelin T63.

There wasn't any reason for swiching to a different tire other than the price of the Michelin is cheaper and other riders liked it better on and off road. I liked the TKC but, when new, it felt very "vague" on the highway and downright scary over 125km/h. As the tire wore, it got much better; it tracks great on dirt and gravel and is a good front tire with the K60 in the back.

The Michelin T63 seems much softer, has smaller knobs, and those knobs seem to go farther around the tire. It was pretty easy to install and I have to say, it seems to come as advertised. There is no squerreliness at highway speeds up to 130km/h and it spits dirt and gravel off-road in a way the TKC never did. I'm not sure how long the tire will last, given that I was able to get 16 000kms out of the TKC, but, I think it's a win if I get 10 000kms out of this one.
homme de fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #4371
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
I have about 1k on my set so far. Performance wise I'm very happy. Definitely not a street tire, but pretty good at 70-75 considering all. The rear is definitely showing some wear already. I think 3k might be the full life of it, especially if you ride with heavier loads. BUT a set of T63s costs the same as ONE TKC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post
I'm still trying to catch up on the thread due to all the riding I've been doing. A couple weeks ago, I had to change out my TKC80 front while on a trip and decided to try the Michelin T63.

There wasn't any reason for swiching to a different tire other than the price of the Michelin is cheaper and other riders liked it better on and off road. I liked the TKC but, when new, it felt very "vague" on the highway and downright scary over 125km/h. As the tire wore, it got much better; it tracks great on dirt and gravel and is a good front tire with the K60 in the back.

The Michelin T63 seems much softer, has smaller knobs, and those knobs seem to go farther around the tire. It was pretty easy to install and I have to say, it seems to come as advertised. There is no squerreliness at highway speeds up to 130km/h and it spits dirt and gravel off-road in a way the TKC never did. I'm not sure how long the tire will last, given that I was able to get 16 000kms out of the TKC, but, I think it's a win if I get 10 000kms out of this one.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #4372
CTDan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowto View Post
Yes it does.
Thank you.
CTDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #4373
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
I have about 1k on my set so far. Performance wise I'm very happy. Definitely not a street tire, but pretty good at 70-75 considering all. The rear is definitely showing some wear already. I think 3k might be the full life of it, especially if you ride with heavier loads. BUT a set of T63s costs the same as ONE TKC...
Exactly! I'm not a big fan of the Heidi on the rear; I just don't have any confidence in it in the rain. Off-road, it gets greasy really quick. I'm up over 18,000kms on the rear now and could easily get another 3K so there's no disputing its longevity.
homme de fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #4374
omid455
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden View Post
Whats the general thoughts around this G650GS Sertao vs. F800GS

I'm torn because I like the reliability aspect of this proven setup (and cost), but I also love the power, weight and setup of the F8 - very torn.
Had a F800GS last year, good bike but lacks character and feels jumpy in every way. Upgraded to R1200GS after couple of months, Amazing bike nothing short of perfection. Then got the 2013 G650GS Sertao this year additional to my 1200Gs to do more serious offroad. Fell in love with the Sertao. Light, Fast, handles great. It takes a little time to tune it right but when it's done it's perfect for what it is. So comfy on the road I can say at least 80% of the comfort level of the R1200GS. so fast offroad and when you drop it easy to pickup. This bike has character and it's easy to fall in love with it. Im selling my R1200GS for now!!!
omid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #4375
Adventure boy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by omid455 View Post
Had a F800GS last year, good bike but lacks character and feels jumpy in every way. Upgraded to R1200GS after couple of months, Amazing bike nothing short of perfection. Then got the 2013 G650GS Sertao this year additional to my 1200Gs to do more serious offroad. Fell in love with the Sertao. Light, Fast, handles great. It takes a little time to tune it right but when it's done it's perfect for what it is. So comfy on the road I can say at least 80% of the comfort level of the R1200GS. so fast offroad and when you drop it easy to pickup. This bike has character and it's easy to fall in love with it. Im selling my R1200GS for now!!!
Ive got a 2012 R1200GS Rallye and a 2012 Sertao and must admit they do compliment each other really well that coupled with the 600 Silverwing scoot I think ive got a bike for all occasions
Old 11-13-2013, 04:41 AM   #4376
UTURN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Camera mounting

Hey Guys

Had the Sertao 3 months and loving it
One problem I can't find a suitable place to mount my Sony with a forward view
Don't want it on my helmet or chest, so if you have any ideas of a good mount position, let me know.

Cheers UTURN
UTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #4377
Bronson1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
rev limiter

If you ever doubt the Sertao has a rev limiter just try doing a good wheelie .
Bronson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #4378
ZBone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Got the Leo Vince and Motobatt installed last night with minimal issues. I just wanted to mention two things.

First, the bike has a great sound and it is louder than I expected. Before installing I thought I would end up removing the "dildo" from the pipe but personally I think I'd find it unbearably loud. As is it's quiet enough to leave the neighborhood in a somewhat respectful fashion, but the ability to be a hooligan is a small twist of the throttle away.

Second, for any of you that have already installed the Wolfman luggage racks you will have to remove the top two bolts on the left side rack and loosen the bottom bolt to allow it to swing out of the way. On the right side the rack can be left alone but you'll need to remove the black heat shield from the exhaust for the last half an inch or so of clearance.

Now that it's off I think I'm going to cut off the top part of the right side can (where all the mounting hardware is) and find a way to attach a tool tube to it. There's a massive void where the stock exhaust was and although that extra tank looks pretty nifty, I'd prefer a tool tube and possible Rotopax's mounted to the Wolfman racks in the future.
ZBone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #4379
WayneC1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,618
Water/drainage pipe with end caps and screw on lids make good tool tubes and take a beating
Old 11-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #4380
Smallwires
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
1200GS Taillight assembly

Does anyone know as a certainty whether or not the 1200GS LED taillight assembly is a direct bolt on to replace the Sertao's? Also, can anyone speak to it's being any brighter or not? Thanks
Smallwires is offline   Reply With Quote