ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #61
jlemond
King of No0bs
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: 30 Miles North by North West of L.A.
Oddometer: 156
http://www.ktm.com/at/news-events/ei...c4-enduro.html

690 ENDURO R
POWERFUL ALLROUNDER
Powerful engine, cool looks, a fantastic suspension set-up and optimum ergonomics the 690 Enduro R combines outstanding off-road qualities with unbeatable all-round ability. It feels just as home in the city and on rural roads as it does on gravel and in tough terrain. Thanks to a new cylinder head with dual ignition and plug selective mapping, the MY 2014 690 Enduro R has even more refinement, even better power control and an even greater fuel mileage. Its new ABS is distinguished by an extremely aggressive set-up, combined with an effective roll-over protection. And the new WP front forks with separate damping circuits make adjusting the perfect set-up even easier because the rebound and compression damping stages do not influence each other. The high-torque single-cylinder combines the classic enduro concept with state-of-the-art technology and sporty all-round ability with real-world practicality. Simply a true hard enduro that goes along. Wherever.
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #62
TexaNate
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TexaNate's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: North Houston
Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemond View Post
http://www.ktm.com/at/news-events/ei...c4-enduro.html

690 ENDURO R
POWERFUL ALLROUNDER
Powerful engine, cool looks, a fantastic suspension set-up and optimum ergonomics the 690 Enduro R combines outstanding off-road qualities with unbeatable all-round ability. It feels just as home in the city and on rural roads as it does on gravel and in tough terrain. Thanks to a new cylinder head with dual ignition and plug selective mapping, the MY 2014 690 Enduro R has even more refinement, even better power control and an even greater fuel mileage. Its new ABS is distinguished by an extremely aggressive set-up, combined with an effective roll-over protection. And the new WP front forks with separate damping circuits make adjusting the perfect set-up even easier because the rebound and compression damping stages do not influence each other. The high-torque single-cylinder combines the classic enduro concept with state-of-the-art technology and sporty all-round ability with real-world practicality. Simply a true hard enduro that goes along. Wherever.
Fixed link - http://www.ktm.com/at/news-events/ei...c4-enduro.html
__________________
2014 690 Enduro R
TexaNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #63
gen
Studly Adventurer
 
gen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Tokyo
Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by haildamage View Post
how big an issue is the no tune ECU?!?
Nobody can say yet because no one outside of KTM has ridden the 2014 yet.

I personally think ABS is really nice to have. The vast majority of 690 owners will ride on the street and with the DP/dirt tires that many of us run on the 690, ABS would help a lot on asphalt. I have to imagine it can be turned off quickly.
__________________
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #64
Rusty Shovel
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 67
New Shoes?

The tires look much more street-biased. Any idea what these are and if they'll come standard on the US version?

Rusty Shovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #65
gen
Studly Adventurer
 
gen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Tokyo
Oddometer: 708
If I had to guess by the photo it might be the Pirelli MT-90?

OEM previously was the MT-21 so it makes sense that they would stick with Pirelli.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
__________________
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #66
DirtSolace
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Santa Barbara
Oddometer: 86
Metzler Enduro Sahara 3 to my eye....
DirtSolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #67
haildamage
Gnarly Adventurer
 
haildamage's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Location: Kyoto, Japan
Oddometer: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Nobody can say yet because no one outside of KTM has ridden the 2014 yet.

I personally think ABS is really nice to have. The vast majority of 690 owners will ride on the street and with the DP/dirt tires that many of us run on the 690, ABS would help a lot on asphalt. I have to imagine it can be turned off quickly.
dont seem to be getting notifications so just saw this.

i went to the KTM shop and they are expecting 2014s in January in Japan. looking forward to seeing the reviews on the new model! i would like to have ABS as long as i can turn it off of course!

i am thinking two sets of wheels. one with the stock street biased tires and one with knobbies.
haildamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #68
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer
 
palmstatecrawler's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Columbia, SC
Oddometer: 475
Well they do say Metzler on them...
__________________
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #69
tyrsmkkyle
off the ground.
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: St louis mo, by the big place with airplanes
Oddometer: 238
The abs is switchable and the best part is you have the option of just running the abs on the front tire.
tyrsmkkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #70
Jan from Finland
Registered
 
Joined: May 2005
Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrsmkkyle View Post
The abs is switchable and the best part is you have the option of just running the abs on the front tire.
Has that feature been confirmed somewhere? The 1190 has it but I have never seen it confirmed on the 690.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are ever attacked by lion, your best defense is to shove your arm down
their throat, grabbing the back of their tongue and hope help arrives quickly.
- Pro Travel Tip by Overland Journal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan from Finland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #71
tyrsmkkyle
off the ground.
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: St louis mo, by the big place with airplanes
Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan from Finland View Post
Has that feature been confirmed somewhere? The 1190 has it but I have never seen it confirmed on the 690.
A fella i know was told this by the dealer, so i cant say that ive had my hands on it personally but it makes since for them to have the option.
tyrsmkkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #72
gen
Studly Adventurer
 
gen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Tokyo
Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmstatecrawler View Post
Well they do say Metzler on them...
True that. I was on my phone and couldn't read the lettering...
__________________
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #73
Rusty Shovel
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmstatecrawler View Post
Well they do say Metzler on them...
Good eye. I still don't like how street oriented the tire looks.
Rusty Shovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #74
tyrsmkkyle
off the ground.
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: St louis mo, by the big place with airplanes
Oddometer: 238
It looks like im gunna have a blast on mine when it comes in :) No matter what tires it comes with, a set of 17s may be in order.
tyrsmkkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #75
B3EAR
Sheepdog
 
B3EAR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: State of Jefferson
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shovel View Post
The tires look much more street-biased. Any idea what these are and if they'll come standard on the US version?


Drool...... Cannot wait for this bad boy to arrive. DRZ400 is up for sale...... 14' KTM 690 BEAST is gonna be replacing it.
B3EAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014