Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #6661
Cfk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybobjr View Post
Same here! The left side was leaking. Got mine fixed under warranty. Actually it was a very slow leak that I only notice when unloading from a trailer when it was compressed by the tie-downs (on the way to it's first service). They covered it under warranty no problem seeing as how the leak was all over the honda dealer's floor

It's the only issue I've had with the bike so far.
Ok,bike at the dealers mechanic,will be repaired under warranty,they will also change my sprocket to 13t,free of charge,(I have supplied sprocket).not bad outcome overall,except I'm without a bike for 3 days....

I do have a question to fellow riders.
I'm going away for Xmas to pretty awesome area with endless trails...wich is 400 km away.im thinking about riding my bike,( behind a car with my family in it).is it too much for that little bike to handle 400 km 100km/h.?

My bike only done 250 km so far.
Cheers
P.s. Providing my ass can handle 400 km...
Cfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #6662
TexaNate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfk View Post
Ok,bike at the dealers mechanic,will be repaired under warranty,they will also change my sprocket to 13t,free of charge,(I have supplied sprocket).not bad outcome overall,except I'm without a bike for 3 days....

I'm going away for Xmas to pretty awesome area with endless trails...wich is 400 km away.im thinking about riding my bike,( behind a car with my family in it).is it too much for that little bike to handle 400 km 100km/h.?

Cheers
More comfy and safer in the car! You'll have more energy for them trails if you trailer the bike. But if you want to sit out on the highway in the wind all day, bring earplugs and the little CRF should be mechanically fine - it's a streetbike motor. My dad regularly does 200-300mi days on his (and he's bushed afterwards). Since you're still breaking it in, try not to let it sit at the same engine speed all day - when in doubt, follow Honda's break-in instructions. Stay alert and ride safely!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #6663
kb7tgr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Coming back from my back road trip to AK I road the asphalt and did a 550 miles day backed by a 475 then a 350 it and myself did fine. I had the 13 tooth front seat concepts seat.

QUOTE=Cfk;22760065]Ok,bike at the dealers mechanic,will be repaired under warranty,they will also change my sprocket to 13t,free of charge,(I have supplied sprocket).not bad outcome overall,except I'm without a bike for 3 days....

Cheers
P.s. Providing my ass can handle 400 km...[/QUOTE]
kb7tgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #6664
trussman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I don't see why you should have any problem. I have ridden mine further at a time at higher speeds with no issues except my butt numb.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
trussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #6665
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,834
Quote:

Cheers
Your bike will handle it fine. 400km/258m isn't that terrible. Your butt is the real question on how it will hold up!

If your bike is brand new with only 250km so far, then change the oil before you go since you'll probably go past the first recommended oil change on that trip. 400km + 400km + miles you ride on the trail.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #6666
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,367
Searching ADV local stuff...

But, came across this, not local, but pretty nice riding. Not my vid, no idea who these folks are...........Snow here this morning, bummer. Longish vid, but worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxDBgys2p24#t=332

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #6667
Cfk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Your bike will handle it fine. 400km/258m isn't that terrible. Your butt is the real question on how it will hold up!

If your bike is brand new with only 250km so far, then change the oil before you go since you'll probably go past the first recommended oil change on that trip. 400km + 400km + miles you ride on the trail.
Thanx for reply.I will do first service before we go away,will try clock 1000 km,shouldn't be a problem.
Got b&b bash plate on it and honda cargo rack,13t sprocket and deciding on alloy bars and hand guards... Too many options out there.
B&b bashplate looks sick.highly recommended.
Cheers
Cfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #6668
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Quote:
deciding on alloy bars and hand guards... Too many options out there.
Cheers
Nope, only one choice: http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...=handguards_00

They will sell you ProTaper bars already tapped and with inserts installed.

Reasons to get HBD's setup:

1) The handguards mount to the triple clamp, so they are far less likely to bend your bars, and won't rotate.
2) The handguards mount to a tapped and threaded hole in the bar end, instead of using an expander plug. This makes for a much stronger connection that again, won't spin.
3) The mirrors!!!
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #6669
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,115
Talking The LRP does Baja!

Having an unexpected break in my current work on tour we decided to go to Baja and ride some of the Baja 1000 course during the pre-running. About 1400 miles in about 4 days with lots of dust, rocks, tequila and tacos.
The little Honda that could performed great, ran strong even with questionable brown Mexican gasoline, had no issues with the terrain or long highway miles to get there and back with the new windscreen making those long days mo' better for Nancy. Couple of things got bent but nothing we couldn't just bend back on the trail.

Go LRP (and Nancy) !

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #6670
wolftrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
OK Lost, love the pix. Nice to see the LRP in action. Is the screen a DIY?
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #6671
Lost Rider
Roadie

Thanks!
Yes, I made the screen(s) from a .177" Kydex ABS sheet purchased on Amazon using the oven, a heat gun and a dremel.
Heated the sheet in the over @ 275 till it was pliable, formed it into the OEM headlight mask, bolted it on then shaped the top with a heat gun, trimming as I went with the dremel. Kind of used the same shape on the top as found on the BMW G650GS screen.... Hello Kitty!
No wind on the chest, helmet in clean air... somehow it worked out perfectly.

LostRider.com
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #6672
Vspec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Why no HDB mirrors on the LRP?
Vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #6673
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Thanks!
Yes, I made the screen(s) from a .177" Kydex ABS sheet purchased on Amazon using the oven, a heat gun and a dremel.
Heated the sheet in the over @ 275 till it was pliable, formed it into the OEM headlight mask, bolted it on then shaped the top with a heat gun, trimming as I went with the dremel. Kind of used the same shape on the top as found on the BMW G650GS screen.... Hello Kitty!
No wind on the chest, helmet in clean air... somehow it worked out perfectly.
Got to be racking up the mileage on the LRP, do the 2nd valve check yet?

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #6674
Lost Rider
Roadie

Because Nancy forgot to fold them in on a ride and broke them, HDB never responded to me when inquiring about buying new ones... and you can't just order the mirrors by themselves off their website.
But the most important reason is she has poor eyesight and never could see well with the HDB mirrors, the much larger Double Take mirrors in the more "standard" position gives her much more confidence of seeing what's going on around her on the street.
While deciding/waiting on what to do about new mirrors I put the OEM ones back on, she said " I can see again!"
I knew that Double Take was the way to go for her, riding on dirt with the OEM mirrors is just asking to break things.
I personally love the HDB mirrors on my bike, but I have excellent eyesight.

SAPB:

No we haven't, I just changed the oil/air filter again and tightened up a few loose bolts. My injury earlier this year has kept the miles down on both our bikes, hopefully this winter we'll get some more seat time, for now it's time to work and Baja was just a short adventure to hold us until I get home again after xmas.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 11-13-2013 at 09:51 AM
Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #6675
Kray
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Leg #1 of the TransAm Trail is scheduled for this weekend on the LRP
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote