Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #2881
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
only the naysayers like to hear themselves talk
Really? This thread was full of guy's blithering about Motus like it was the second coming of Christ.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #2882
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Really? This thread was full of guy's blithering about Motus like it was the second coming of Christ.
Maybe Motus is waiting until there is something concrete to discuss . . . . unlike many on AdvRider

Jeff
GeoAggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #2883
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,528
? their website is saying countdown to launch and they list the bikes as 2014 model so next years. considering what they are they don't pop out like widgets. from what i've seen they've been good about updates and any NEW developments. i'm sure they are plenty busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggysandwich View Post
so what is going on over at Motus ?....awfully quite,,,one would think their web page would be updated a little more often,,,last date was Oct 9 th.

http://motusmotorcycles.com/

that web page looks deserted and negleted ......

Have the owners moved to an island with all the money?

another ? .....why would the ONLY Motus dealer in S FLorida ..... NOT show Motus on their web page ?
http://www.motocorseperformance.com/

neither does the Northern Florida Motus dealer show anything motus... ????
http://www.bmwmotorcyclesofpensacola.com/
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #2884
davevv
One more old rider

Oddometer: 2,325
I was fairly excited about this bike 4 years ago when this thread started but I think a lot of us have just grown tired of waiting. It seems really unproductive to generate so much hype back then and not be able to deliver in a reasonable time frame.

And now, if you really want this engine layout in a touring bike, it will be available in 2014 at half the price from Honda. And it will have the shaft drive appropriate to a touring machine. Yes, it's a retuned ST1300 engine and not half a Chevy small block. It is on the touring end of the spectrum instead of the sport end. But this one is real. It will also provide something to ride for the next 4 years while the diehards continue to wait for a Motus.
davevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #2885
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by davevv View Post
I was fairly excited about this bike 4 years ago when this thread started but I think a lot of us have just grown tired of waiting. It seems really unproductive to generate so much hype back then and not be able to deliver in a reasonable time frame.

And now, if you really want this engine layout in a touring bike, it will be available in 2014 at half the price from Honda. And it will have the shaft drive appropriate to a touring machine. Yes, it's a retuned ST1300 engine and not half a Chevy small block. It is on the touring end of the spectrum instead of the sport end. But this one is real. It will also provide something to ride for the next 4 years while the diehards continue to wait for a Motus.
I really like Hondas V4 engines, they are some of the best motorcycle engines made.

But the styling of that bike is

It reminds me of Dan Gurney's creation

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #2886
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,629
Nothing new from Motus? What else is new? It's almost 2014. Is anything going to happen in this decade? By now it should be obvious that something is wrong at Motus. If they actually intended for it to take this long, they should have waited a couple more years to announce it. For those so in love with technology, this bike will be an antique before/if it ever becomes available.

The Honda ST1300 looks like a Goldwing FB6. But more important is what it feels like from the seat, and it looks like Honda might have a winner there. Nice wide flat seat, and the bars and pegs look comfortable. At half the price of the Motus, Honda wins big time.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #2887
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,620
The only ones bitching about not hearing anything are never going to own one anyway.

There are two types of people who get the inside update- people who put money down and people who get off their lazy ass and email Lee or Brian (founders) like I did.

Wait, easier to be a keyboard commando and complain about a race that you don't have a horse in. Why are some so hell bent on putting down guys who took a chance and are ---><--- this close to pulling it off?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #2888
kirb
should be out riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
By now it should be obvious that something is wrong at Motus.

For those so in love with technology, this bike will be an antique before/if it ever becomes available.
Obviously something HAS to be wrong because you didn't bother to ask the people who know the answer? From a guy who gushes about a Vulcan 750 and think tubeless tires are an engineering marvel.

I love this place.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #2889
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Cry

Dammit , Jerry , now you pissed off the cheerleader.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #2890
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Why waste your time in this thread? Just move along, please.
GeoAggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #2891
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
For those so in love with technology, this bike will be an antique before/if it ever becomes available.
Just like the computer you wrote that post on.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #2892
kirb
should be out riding

Quote:
You asked where we were....
Old 11-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #2893
kwb377
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
The only ones bitching about not hearing anything are never going to own one anyway.

There are two types of people who get the inside update- people who put money down and people who get off their lazy ass and email Lee or Brian (founders) like I did.

With a marketing and promotional strategy like that, how could they not be successful?
~ IBA #55309
'11 Ninja 1K
'04 200E XC
'82 GS650G
kwb377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #2894
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
I was interested in Motus a few years ago, and I hope they still make the bike and succeed as a company, but they really missed an opportunity not getting the bike out earlier after the initial hype. Now with EBR making an american made bike with 180 hp and having a naked and "ulysses" style bike on the horizon, those wanting an american made, powerful, sporting bike have other options on the horizon, at roughly half the price.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #2895
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
I was interested in Motus a few years ago, and I hope they still make the bike and succeed as a company, but they really missed an opportunity not getting the bike out earlier after the initial hype. Now with EBR making an american made bike with 180 hp and having a naked and "ulysses" style bike on the horizon, those wanting an american made, powerful, sporting bike have other options on the horizon, at roughly half the price.
A Ulysses style bike could seriously catch my eye. That's the first I've heard of that, and it would really be exciting.

As we all these boutique brands, it comes down to dealer network, reliability, etc. But the difference is I will always give them priority in the purchasing cycle.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote