User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #5296
Guppy Gulch
2010 Ducati MTS1200S

Oddometer: 92
Serious Offroad Mods?

Has anyone here done any serious offroad mods? Fairing delete/replace, spoke wheels, etc?

I'm not talking about farkles and touratech add-ons, I mean serious rally type modifications.

I love the pics of the TKC80's on the Multi and I'm looking for a little more inspiration to go further than that.
Guppy Gulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #5297
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy Gulch View Post
Has anyone here done any serious offroad mods? Fairing delete/replace, spoke wheels, etc?

I'm not talking about farkles and touratech add-ons, I mean serious rally type modifications.

I love the pics of the TKC80's on the Multi and I'm looking for a little more inspiration to go further than that.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #5298
irongrady
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249

Just put the TKC's on 150 miles ago. I haven't had a chance to do more than a forest road so far but they handle the pavement pretty well for a knobbie. The only quirk is that the 2nd gear clutch up wheelies have turned into rolling burnouts due to the new knobs..
irongrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #5299
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,616
Thumb

D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #5300
jfman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
If you were to put a 19in front... the traction control would go beserk,,,?

2012 Versys 1000
Tour of the American West 2013
Alaska 2014: Hotel Budget Zero
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #5301
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 431
Got mine back last night.
Was told to give her a few hundred miles before flogging her once more.

So far, things I notice different...
1. Shifting seems more positively firm than before the rebuild.
2. Start-up on cold morning (below freezing today) seems easier and idles up quicker than before.
3. The front end has FAR less dive with the 7.5s in the forks. Front end feel is leaps and bounds above the stock springs.
The rear spring firms up quicker than before on hard acceleration...so the front end comes up easier (but I have been taking it easy...)
Ducati in The Rockies 2014 RR
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #5302
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
......... The front end has FAR less dive with the 7.5s in the forks. Front end feel is leaps and bounds above the stock springs.
The rear spring firms up quicker than before on hard acceleration...so the front end comes up easier (but I have been taking it easy...)
I don't know about wheelies, but after I had the heavier springs installed in mine, I thought it was transformed. I'm used to it now, but my initial impressions were great, especially in respect to brake dive and pogoing.

No loss of comfort or compliance, either.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #5303
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 431
Exact same here. Much more solid feeling.
Ducati in The Rockies 2014 RR
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #5304
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
If you have a 2013...

Received this today from Ducati....

Replacement of Multistrada 1200 S rear accelerometer

Dear David,

Please be informed that an update is available for your Ducati Multistrada 1200 S (VIN n ZDM12BSW........).

Continuous quality control of the product has led us to observe that the rear accelerometer cable of your motorcycle's DSS (Ducati Skyhook Suspension) suspension system may malfunction. In the event that this occurs, the suspension system will continue to operate. However, the suspension will function in a "Fail Safe" mode, where it will perform in such a way that maintains performance and safety. In "Fail Safe" mode the semi-active control is deactivated, and the suspension operates utilizing a standardized compression and rebound setting set by the manufacturer.

Your Dealer has been provided with the resources necessary to replace the part with a redesigned component. This update is free of charge, and takes approximately 45 minutes. Please contact your Dealer to book an appointment.

Please be reminded that Ducati Customer Service is available should you require assistance. You can reach a representative by dialing 408-253-0499 opt. 1, or by using the contact form on-line.

We would like to take this opportunity to send you our very best wishes.

The Ducati Service Team

Mine had already been done by Pro Italia in LA. Easy fix. They installed a new sensor, new cable, and rerouted the cable to allow some play in the line.
Runs like a champ again.

Dave In Valencia
Old 11-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #5305
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceonthebeach3 View Post
My dealer called yesterday & I got a package from Italy, I hope it's not fragile. A little Christmas story humor? The 2014 multistrada touring S will come home on Monday.... Side note= I got a little off track because I had to rent 2 different touring 2014 Harley's for 2 road trips & If HD wasn't such dicks they would have sold me 1. I even called 6 dealers & they wanted full MSRP +freight & shipping. Umm no. Then I rode the multistrada on track & came home & ordered 1 :) I really believe that with my fast riding style the multi is perfect or me. The HDs do great on American highways but not enough power for this guy.
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #5306
Willie B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I don't know about wheelies, but after I had the heavier springs installed in mine, I thought it was transformed. I'm used to it now, but my initial impressions were great, especially in respect to brake dive and pogoing.

No loss of comfort or compliance, either.
I installed 7.5nm springs up front, replaced the stock rear spring for Ohlins upgraded rear, installed their new SCU and had the sag set. This completely transformed my bike as well. The front seems more sure footed and the bike seems to have better drive out of the corners and will easily loft the front when hammering out of a corner. Definitely the best money I've spent on the bike. I also installed Tuneboy's software at the same time. The bike runs and handles as it should have originally. Not to say there was anything wrong with the bike, but doing these mods has nicely sorted the bike to my liking.
Willie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #5307
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 253
Hey Willie - did you install those front springs yourself? Sounds like it. If so, was it hard and where did you find the instructions or guidelines?? Last thing - do you have an Ohlins part number for the 7.5nm springs?

I haven't even looked yet so sorry if it's obvious, I should have a look on Ducati.ms but thought I'd just ask.

Thx in advance!

DD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #5308
Willie B
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Hey Willie - did you install those front springs yourself? Sounds like it. If so, was it hard and where did you find the instructions or guidelines?? Last thing - do you have an Ohlins part number for the 7.5nm springs?

I haven't even looked yet so sorry if it's obvious, I should have a look on Ducati.ms but thought I'd just ask.

Thx in advance!

DD
I had the dealer install the fronts and the rear along with several other things that were done. The front and rear springs were ordered from Ohlins USA. The Ohlins part# for the 75nm fork springs is 04802-75. These had a retail price of $149. PM me for contact info if you're interested.

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/inde...pageId=4636364
Old 12-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #5309
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
recall

Well my multistrada came in last Friday & they hooked it up to computer & the rear wheel sensor recall popped up & they won't let bike leave until recall has been fixed. My dealer had to order part. Anybody have experience with time it takes for part to come in?
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #5310
Willie B
Gnarly Adventurer

Did they get it from another dealer? This has been going on for a while and I would have thought Ducati would have been shipping bikes with the new sensors?