User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #226
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 471
Rasta shorts

To go wit ya stylie beanie and wicked dreads mah brudda! Jai would nevvah let a mon go round wit da long trousers
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #227
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF706 View Post
To go wit ya stylie beanie and wicked dreads mah brudda! Jai would nevvah let a mon go round wit da long trousers

brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #228
rlchick
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Need Help with my TY 80

Hi I have a Yamaha TY 80 and wanted to hook it back up to original condition with an oil tank. I have two pumps, bought a oil tank and cap, bought a used unplugged inlet to the top end and now I need to know how to hook it all back up. Can anyone help me out. I am used to working with my RL 250's that don't have oil tanks and are premixed. Did I make a mistake to try to do this. I could hook it back up as bought with it bypassed.
rlchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #229
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,764
You also need all three of the original throttle cables and hardware. It sounds like you are trying to do a restore. You know you can make it look like it`s there, but still premix?
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #230
GAwoody83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
on the other hand, i want to completely do away with the oil injection unit. what all do i have to do for this?
GAwoody83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #231
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAwoody83 View Post
on the other hand, i want to completely do away with the oil injection unit. what all do i have to do for this?
Make a little block off plate out of aluminum, and seal/bolt it over the spot where the oil injection bolts up. Easy peasy.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #232
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,764
Plugging up the manifold intake port for the oil is the main thing. As stated make a plate to remove pump.
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #233
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchick View Post
Hi I have a Yamaha TY 80 and wanted to hook it back up to original condition with an oil tank. I have two pumps, bought a oil tank and cap, bought a used unplugged inlet to the top end and now I need to know how to hook it all back up. Can anyone help me out. I am used to working with my RL 250's that don't have oil tanks and are premixed. Did I make a mistake to try to do this. I could hook it back up as bought with it bypassed.

I gotta agree with Lineaway here. It's a big hassle, and for what? Just to get it back to OE specs? I guess that's OK if you are going for a total restoration, but what fun is that? Lotsa work for little gain, IMHO. The vagaurity of those pumps always made me nervous on a bike that gets used a lot. Using premix, the oil charge is always there, not dependent on a pump that loses pressure when it sits, is suspect to pressure variations due to ambient temperatures, and is relying on a plastic drive gear. As Lineaway said, you can mock one up without actually hooking it up, but digging up the OE hydra-cable assembly may present a challenge. If your 80 is going to be any type of user, I'd say dump it. Pre-mixing fuel is SO much easier.

As far as blocking off the drive pump hole goes, I have never fabbed a cover in my life. I generally use a '70's Mopar oil pan drain plug with a corresponding nut and a crush washer on each side to plug the hole left when the oil pump was removed. Cheap, fast, and (with my Mopar engine stash anyway), easy.

Soooo, what'cha gonna do with your 80?

brewtus screwed with this post 12-21-2013 at 04:12 PM Reason: Mopars!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #234
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

I really don't like hyprocrites....

Especially when the hypocrite is me -

Yup, cheap chinese pitbike garbage made it's way onto the Team TY. $50 delivered, and so far seems to work....OK. It did seep for a bit out of the slave cylinder but seems to have stopped now. We'll see how well it holds up. If it fails completely, then I'll pony up for the Magura unit. As for now though, it's pretty cool having an easier clutch pull and the gold anodized unit looks sorta trick if you don't look at it too closely.

Alright, time to get serious about a new top-end. Oooh looky, Forseti piston kits from Australia? Hey now....

brewtus screwed with this post 12-25-2013 at 01:55 PM Reason: I hate being a hypocrite....
Old 12-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #235
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,241
Sweet!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #236
Miss Bitters
You have head pigeon.

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
Especially when the hypocrite is me -

Yup, cheap chinese pitbike garbage made it's way onto the Team TY. $50 delivered, and so far seems to work....OK. It did seep for a bit out of the slave cylinder but seems to have stopped now. We'll see how well it holds up. If it fails completely, then I'll pony up for the Magura unit. As for now though, it's pretty cool having an easier clutch pull and the gold anodized unit looks sorta trick if you don't look at it too closely.

Alright, time to get serious about a new top-end. Oooh looky, Forseti piston kits from Australia? Hey now....
Let me get this straight…. While I braved 800 miles of icy roads, idiots, a four hour parking lot on I-40 to visit your sainted mother, (that's right I said mother not Mothra) you are working on a trials bike, and it's not even MY trials bike? In addition, you are using cheap chinese pit bike parts. I guess I need to get the keys to the forklift ready. Chivalry is dead!
Miss Bitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:20 AM   #237
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 20,733
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #238
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #239