Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #2611
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougInKY View Post
Hopefully his not posting means he has moved on in life. If anyone knows him in meat space could you give all of us who think about him an update?

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Plus 'leventy-nine. I've been wondering how things are going for Dale.

86 Concours
90K75RT

Non Illegitimi Carborundum

Save $5.00 when you sign up for Smugmug. Use coupon code: vqfl6p4wLXH7s
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #2612
Motoplaner
PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer: 19,328
I'd cup yer fucking sack. this was a figure of speech not that there's anything wrong with that

I can't move a mountain but may Dale prevail.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #2613
kerrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Question Texting while driving

Texting and driving is still legal in Fl. Tea partiers won't let big government tell "Us" what to do,Go figure.
kerrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #2614
AdakTriumph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
What a fucking bummer man. We need to put a 2 stroker in your wheel chair. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
AdakTriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #2615
vivo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
I didn't know Dale, I sure hope he is well and so Dale, if you read this, , just know that people here care about you. .

I'm always impressed at the bond motorcyclists share. It is something very special that connects us all, a universal truth among brotherhood that blurs the dissimilar and celebrates the joy of being alive. .... . from the seat of a bike or even a wheelchair... once a motorcyclist, always a motorcyclist...

Vivo
vivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #2616
CopaMundial
Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer: 1,002
Anniversary

I believe next week will be eight years since Dale's accident.
Certainly a somber occasion in our slightly twisted but loving community.

I know it's cold a lot of places right now, but if you get a chance try to get out on your bike. Before you throw your leg over the seat please send a thought out to Dale and then put your passenger pegs out so he can come along on the ride with you.

Choose to be inspired rather than saddened.
CopaMundial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #2617
Coach
Coach

Oddometer: 102
Staying Strong

Hey Dale,

How is it going these days. Eight years, huh? Are you still engaged? No, not with a ring, I mean head down and focused. For many of us when the doc's said there was nothing more they could do for us, depression set in. What? Fix me, damn it!

But the reality of it is that we don't know much about the human body. So, we just have to work with what we have. At eight years some of us had regained some mobility, some not. Whatever. So where are you now? What's up? Where are you heading? Fill us in, ok?

A few months ago, on the night of the 10-year anniversary of my crash, I was limping with a cane into a little Milonga in Buenos Aires. Ten years before, when I woke up in the hospital paralyzed from the chest down, I had promised myself that someday I would dance again even if it is in a wheelchair or on crutches or feet. You know, we need to promise ourselves stuff to keep going. So on the night of 7 November as I hobbled around the wooden dance floor with a beautiful partner, I took you with me. In the dim light I said, this Tango is for Dale.

Wherever you are now I hope you are smiling because you are still working hard on your promises. You are still going strong.

Your SCI Buddy,
Coach
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #2618
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 14,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Hey Dale,

How is it going these days. Eight years, huh? Are you still engaged? No, not with a ring, I mean head down and focused. For many of us when the doc's said there was nothing more they could do for us, depression set in. What? Fix me, damn it!

But the reality of it is that we don't know much about the human body. So, we just have to work with what we have. At eight years some of us had regained some mobility, some not. Whatever. So where are you now? What's up? Where are you heading? Fill us in, ok?

A few months ago, on the night of the 10-year anniversary of my crash, I was limping with a cane into a little Milonga in Buenos Aires. Ten years before, when I woke up in the hospital paralyzed from the chest down, I had promised myself that someday I would dance again even if it is in a wheelchair or on crutches or feet. You know, we need to promise ourselves stuff to keep going. So on the night of 7 November as I hobbled around the wooden dance floor with a beautiful partner, I took you with me. In the dim light I said, this Tango is for Dale.

Wherever you are now I hope you are smiling because you are still working hard on your promises. You are still going strong.

Your SCI Buddy,
Coach
Wow, Coach. That is some strong stuff. Thank you and a solid Amen to all that you wrote.

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #2619
CopaMundial
Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer: 1,002
A little worried that we've gone so long without an update.
Has anyone been in touch with Dale or his family at all?
CopaMundial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:16 AM   #2620
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopaMundial View Post
A little worried that we've gone so long without an update.
Has anyone been in touch with Dale or his family at all?
He hasn't been around for quite a while - from his profile:

Last Activity: 07-04-2009 09:49 PM