User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
CaptnJim OP
Scootist

Oddometer: 758
Happy Thanksgiving, scooter pilots!

A note of thanks to tell y'all I enjoy spending some time on this forum. A year ago, I was feeling like I was done with two-wheel stuff, after 45 years of motorcycling. I mentioned selling my last bike... my wife said, "Let's get a couple scooters."

I found encouragement here, through the buying process. I have enjoyed the banter, the ride reports, the "New Scooter Day" posts, the curmudgeoning, the "atta boy" posts, the photos... I got a scooter-fix each day here, even when were were off on our boat, a long ways away from the scoots.

I am having more fun on two wheels than I've had in a long time. Probably because it is just so effort-less. That shiny red scooter just makes me want to hop on and go; even when there's nowhere I have to go. Not fast (that's relative), not far.

Thanks, folks. Hope your Thanksgiving is a delight. Like many, our family tradition is having to say out loud what we are thankful for before we dine. One of those things is being able to feel like a kid again on these little scoots. The fun, encouraging spirit here is a big part of that.

Best wishes,
Jim
Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
MichRocks
Sunset Rider

Oddometer: 126
Happy Thanksgiving back!

I enjoy your posts, and am glad to be a part of this forum as well. Really know what you mean about the pure fun aspect of the scoots. Only problem is that bugs get in the corners of ones mouth with that wide grin and all...
MichRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,339
Same to you Captn Jim.

I am also thankful to have discovered scooter riding. Although I have not grown tired of motorcycle riding, scooters have brought back the joy of riding all the time, almost everywhere, not just weekend rides.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
gec343
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJim View Post
A note of thanks to tell y'all I enjoy spending some time on this forum. A year ago, I was feeling like I was done with two-wheel stuff, after 45 years of motorcycling. I mentioned selling my last bike... my wife said, "Let's get a couple scooters."

I found encouragement here, through the buying process. I have enjoyed the banter, the ride reports, the "New Scooter Day" posts, the curmudgeoning, the "atta boy" posts, the photos... I got a scooter-fix each day here, even when were were off on our boat, a long ways away from the scoots.

I am having more fun on two wheels than I've had in a long time. Probably because it is just so effort-less. That shiny red scooter just makes me want to hop on and go; even when there's nowhere I have to go. Not fast (that's relative), not far.

Thanks, folks. Hope your Thanksgiving is a delight. Like many, our family tradition is having to say out loud what we are thankful for before we dine. One of those things is being able to feel like a kid again on these little scoots. The fun, encouraging spirit here is a big part of that.

Best wishes,
Jim
Inspiring post, Jim. Thanks!

I've been riding scooters and motorcycles since age 14. Now at age 71, have decided to go back to scooters again. Hopefully, a Honda Integra if they ever make it to the U.S. If not the Integra, then probably a Burgman 650, etc. Hey, it won;t be tough for me to make the switch, since I developed my love of two wheels on a 1952 Allstate scooter. It will be like a second childhood for me. I will welcome the simplicity of scooters, automatic transmission, etc, etc.

2010 Gold Wing/ABS
1977 R100/7 (bought new)
gec343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Dabears
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 998
Thanks Cap'n Jim! Hope you folks have a great warm & dry Thanksgiving!

2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Right back at you Capt. Jim

Scooters make my mundane commute something I actually look forward to.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
Bugtussle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 530
Thanks, and best to you. I enjoy your posts here.

2013 Vespa GTS 300ie Super
Bugtussle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,011
Happy Thanksgiving! If you are ever 'wandering' around Ohio, give me a shout. Coffee and dinner on me.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,257
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,383
I'm in Phoenix, and I'm riding my Zuma 125 to Tucson (about 110 miles) for the family Thanksgiving dinner. Will probably spend the night, by the time it is all over, the temperature will be in the low 40s. Happy Thanksgiving.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #11
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 3,926
And to all, a Great Thanksgiving.

Jerry

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
VESPAsfw3
Year round rider

Oddometer: 143
Coming to scooter riding was one of the great and unexpected pleasures in my life. Like others have said, when I couldn't get an actual fix of riding, I could consume a vicarious experience here. Many thanks to everyone who contributes to that fix!

Happy Thanksgiving.
VESPAsfw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
gumshoe4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Thank you, Capt Jim. Glad you crossdecked over to the scooter world. They really are a gas, aren't they? I haven't regretted moving to scoots...they're fun, efficient, lotsa storage, etc.

I took my Thanksgiving eve run out on the SWing today. Nowhere particularly special, just headed south to the Mokelumne River, then east to San Andreas, north to Placerville and back home. Not an epic ride, but an enjoyable one spent on two wheels...nice chat with a guy at the Subway who is also a rider, but had to work...was curious about the SWing and, as I frequently hear, surprised about its capabilities. He wished me a good and safe ride and a Happy Thanksgiving.

I, in turn, wish all of the scooter pilots and aspiring scooter pilots in this little town of ours a most happy and auspicious Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #14
CaptnJim OP
Scootist

Oddometer: 758
Nice start to the day today...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2013/11...nksgiving.html

Don't know if I'll have time for a scoot-about today, but after 5 days of the norther that blew in, I'm ready.

We all deal with ups and downs as we make this journey through life. Today is a good day to take stock of, and be thankful for, all of it.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Jim
Old 11-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
RedArrow
If only the moon

Oddometer: 1,174
Dear all ~

I haven't been here all that long; I'm new to scooting, but I'm thankful for everyone on this forum for their help and input and for just sharing their love of scooting & motorcycling.

And what's Thanksgiving without home-made pumpkin pie?