Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #541
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieO View Post
Hey Rob!

Can these bags be mounted to a removable SW-Mototech rack?

http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+prod...rier/index.htm
I don't run the show anymore, but I'd be happy to answer your question as I'm here today.

The answer, at least for the time being, is no. The SW racks are constructed of a pressed tube as opposed to a standard round tube. They won't go on an off easily, so it's not officially supported. Theoretically, you could probably make it work, but you're on your own when it comes to that.

BTW, GlobeScouts are on sale for the next few days. This came in the email today:

Emails says deal expired at midnight Sunday and prior sales excluded. I'm pretty sure they're closed today, btw.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #542
Gehtlos
Einer geht noch

Oddometer: 145
Just ordered one with the black Friday special discount. Was told is going to take a month and a half. Hopefully they're going to be right this time. But a great deal.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #543
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehtlos View Post
Just ordered one with the black Friday special discount. Was told is going to take a month and a half. Hopefully they're going to be right this time. But a great deal.
Looks like the sale ends tonight. From what I've been told, most items are available for immediate shipment. The 'special' sets still have a list.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #544
Gehtlos
Einer geht noch

Oddometer: 145
That's what I ordered the special kid for my GSA
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #545
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehtlos View Post
That's what I ordered the special kid for my GSA
Is that like a Trunk Monkey for a motorcycle?

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #546
Lifes2short
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
BTW, GlobeScouts are on sale for the next few days. This came in the email today:

Emails says deal expired at midnight Sunday and prior sales excluded. I'm pretty sure they're closed today, btw.
Thanks for posting - just ordered.
Lifes2short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #547
becsta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
I sent a message through the website a couple of days ago I haven't heard anything back yet so I thought I'd try here as well.

I was wondering what the lead time is on the top box kits black 40l for Triumph Tiger 800 with inner bag and cargo net.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 4
Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #548
Rharrod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
I don't run the show anymore, but I'd be happy to answer your question as I'm here today.
So, Rob will you still be here in the future are will we have to deal with someone new or what? You have been outstanding and helpful with info. This next year I hope to put my big order in. Thanks Richard
Rharrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #549
becsta
Gnarly Adventurer

Still no reply to my post on here or my message on the website. Is anyone out there?

Old 12-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #550
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rharrod View Post
So, Rob will you still be here in the future are will we have to deal with someone new or what? You have been outstanding and helpful with info. This next year I hope to put my big order in. Thanks Richard
Paul (the guys who runs the show now) is a good friend of mine - we've known each other for 20+ years. I'd say it's highly probable that I'll be periodically involved to some degree. That said, I've sold the company to the man who employs Paul, so I wouldn't consider it a sure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becsta View Post
Still no reply to my post on here or my message on the website. Is anyone out there?

I just looked at the queue, and there are practically no outstanding tickets. Can you let me know what your ticket number is so I can look into it for you? I've alerted Paul to your post as he hasn't been logging on here regularly primarily due to the move.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #551
becsta
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm not sure that I got a ticket number. I am away at the moment I will check my computer when I get home. Should I have gotten an email with the ticket number?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #552
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
I'm not sure that I got a ticket number. I am away at the moment I will check my computer when I get home. Should I have gotten an email with the ticket number?

Yup, yes sir. If you email in, or log a ticket via the online chat or contact us page on the site, it immediately logs it an emails you back with a ticket number. This make sure that the guys get back with absolutely everyone. I put it in place about 3 years or so ago when the shop became so busy I couldn't answer all of the emails myself.

If I could, I would answer your question myself. Unfortunately, I know zippo when it comes to stock level anymore.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #553
becsta
Gnarly Adventurer

I never got an email so maybe the message didn't go through properly. It did come up saying the message was sent. I will try again.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #554
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
I never got an email so maybe the message didn't go through properly. It did come up saying the message was sent. I will try again.

Email ticket from today replied to, and I apologize if any messages were missed or not received.

I must add, thank you to everyone for reaching out to us interested in our fantastic Globescout luggage. I will be catching up with everyone regarding any backorders and questions regarding availability. We have another large order in place as well as strong sales history after our first season importing directly from Globescout to help increase our fill rate and stocking levels. Our order is currently in production, and when close to being complete, we will have a more accurate shipping time.

After moving to our new location, and helping Rob clean out the "old" Motorcycleinsight building, we are getting settled in and ready to move forward. Some inventory still needs organized, but everything is accounted for and orders are being processed quickly.

I will be honest, the change of location came to be a bit more drawn out than anticipated (our enclosed trailer was out for service after an "episode" and a tire locked up on a major highway, limiting us to our truck beds) which did keep me away from the phones and keeping up with the forum and PM's.

If anyone has called, emailed, sent letters or telegraphed, and does not feel that we have received your message please email me directly: paul @ lmcyclesupplies dot com and I will reply back as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
-Paul

Adventure Motorcycle Depot | S1000RR Depot | F800 Depot | Twalcom USA
prudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #555
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieO View Post
Hey Rob!

Can these bags be mounted to a removable SW-Mototech rack?

http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/by+prod...rier/index.htm
As Rob has replied, at the moment, we may not officially have a dedicated mount for the SW Motech racks, however we are working on different mounting designs that may work on other rack systems. Globescout has been very busy in their 3D design department, and once made official, we will quickly share all new products and designs!

Thank you,

Adventure Motorcycle Depot | S1000RR Depot | F800 Depot | Twalcom USA
prudolf is offline   Reply With Quote