ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #16
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,014
You need to follow the race course from last weekend. It started and ended at the Rabbit Creek parking lot. Two separate loops. 58 miles of woo hoo!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 543
Most definately will run the race course, or as much of it as I can find. I also have a beef to settle with a big sandy climb that my poor drz didn't have the balz to get up. 1.6 times the weight should be overcome by 3x the power, right?
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #18
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
I like your math :) Looks like it was a pretty nice day for riding. Were it not for my sister's car I would have been down to ride with you guys. BTW- It's great to have a mechanic in your family, unless it happens to be you.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
Short notice, but thats how I roll

I'm heading out to Rabbit creek Monday (11/25) and coming home on tuesday (11/26). I'll park the tent trailer at the rabbit creek parking lot and will probably get there around noon or so. I will have plenty of fire wood and even a nice little quart of cherry moonshine that I picket up the other day. Note that I am not bringing a little bike this time. I'm having a shake down weekend for my new to me 950.. Pyro256 will bring his pig bike also. So come on out and at least say hi.

How was it? Did you roll?

It's finally looking like it's going to cool off so we can get a proper winter camp and ride accomplished. It was too nice when you went.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Hell ya I rolled . The bike performed well to say the least. Sand washes werent bad if I kept on the throttle . The whoops were waaaaaaaay better on the 950 than the drz.

So when I started the trip, I had this beautiful, pristine, garage/highway queen of a 950. It had really, truly never seen gravel, much less boulders . So I slapped some Knobbs on it, and a big ass black dog skid plate ( best money I've spent in a while). So here's a few pics. I haven't gone through the video yet but since I'm now unemployed I should have time to do a little video or two over the winter months.

In the beginning she was pristine

We rode a few sand washes-- Braaaaap

Did a little bouldering

Found a couple miles of sweeet single track

Bla, Bla steeper than it looks, got crossed up, high sided and threw the queen (with no tank protecting crash bars) down on to what was about a 10 inch tall, jagged egg shaped rock that hit square on the lower right tank
I'm not sure why Casey is in my only pic of the sleeping giant?

So I drug it around and hefted it back to its feet and suprisingly, no damage, just a couple of beauty marks

This one is where it landed on my boot as I guess I don't have the range that I used to in the squatting long jump

All in all it was a blast. I do think I will look for a cheap ass little 2 smoke for the winter rides though. And for the record, I made it further up the sand hill at the fossil ohv area on the 950 than I did on the DRZ. I'll find the video in the next week or so.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Sweet! Wish I could have made it. It's good to see a local 950 being abused again, since RWC got rid of his. Also good to see you are still abusing Casey.

Bunch of pussies in this valley.

What do you mean further up the hill? Ya still need more power?

Thanks for posting and I'll be waiting for the videos.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Also good to see you are still abusing Casey.

Yup, Casey is sort of beat to shit. But kudos to him, street tires and all. He's no pussy

Glad you said it so I don't have too

What do you mean further up the hill? Ya still need more power?

I think I need more balls, not power. 2nd gear and 7k rpms weren't enough, I needed third I think

Old 11-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
WhiskeySierra
Day L8, $1 Short

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post

It must be winter now!
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #24
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

MMMMM, chilly

FriDec 6

Mostly Cloudy

Chance of precip:
0%
Wind:
NW at 4 mph
Details

SatDec 7

Mostly Sunny

Chance of precip:
0%
Wind:
NW at 5 mph
Old 11-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #25
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Old 11-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Quote:
I will start it off with a camp and ride December 7-8 at Weiser Sand Dunes. Come out and camp or come out and ride one day. We'll have a big camp fire to warm things up Saturday night. Damp winter sand is a hoot to ride!
I rode the DR out to the dunes today to scout out a spot to camp. Conditions are off the charts awesome!!! The sand is nice and damp and carvable. Even on the pig DR. We will be camped at the north end of the pond (dry now). GPS coordinates 44.303637,-117.212087. The easiest way to the camp spot is to go 3/4 of a mile past the main parking area/outhouse. Make a 180 degree left turn when the main road meets the railroad tracks. Camp is 1/2 mile down that road.

Come on out and play! No excuses! All bikes and rider skills welcome. It's only 87 miles from Boise, the last 8 miles are hard packed gravel road. I expect to see some 950's out there throwing some monster rooster tails. I'll be throwing roost on my 450 and Bob will be roosting his 500. Roost there or be square.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #27
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
The easiest way to the camp spot is to go 3/4 of a mile past the main parking area/outhouse. Make a 180 degree left turn when the main road meets the railroad tracks. Camp is 1/2 mile down that road.
The extra 1/4 mile down, 180 degree turn around and 1/4 mile back to find camp is just for fun?

What happens if you make the 180 degree turn to the Right?

Old 11-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #28
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
The extra 1/4 mile down, 180 degree turn around and 1/4 mile back to find camp is just for fun?

Riding is fun.

What happens if you make the 180 degree turn to the Right?

Do it and let me know what happens.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #29
650x
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,078
Rocky and I may try to come out there for the evening if we get finished with our Saturday ride in time. Will have the Suzuki. will you have a camp fire burning?
DISCLAIMER: Suitability of any roads or trails mentioned in my ride reports are given from the view point of me and my wife (two old grandparents of moderate riding ability) and may or may not be applicable to your personal situation. Be mature, ride within your own abilities.
650x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #30
trailrider383 OP
867-5309

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650x View Post
Rocky and I may try to come out there for the evening if we get finished with our Saturday ride in time. Will have the Suzuki. will you have a camp fire burning?
Cool, hope you two can make it. Yes a BIG CAMPFIRE