Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #31
GRinCR OP
Oppressed Nomad

Oddometer: 319
Nicoya Peninsula: Escaping the Grind. Day II/Part I

Day two began very early. As I reported it was discovered that our tiny little tent was just way too small. After hours of tossing and turning I finally retired myself to the hammock. It was around 0300 or so. I passed in and out of consciousness as the stars slowly disappeared and the night made its transition to day.

It was so peaceful here, swinging almost in sync with the sound of the ocean. There was a cool sea breeze which made it necessary to nestle up inside a sweatshirt. Damn December winds. The monkeys would howl ever once in a while and everything was tranquil…

That Peaceful tranquility was shattered in an instant. I had to do some ninja shit to get out of the hammock and out of the way of that “leaf” . A tripping and diving, tuck and roll maneuver which landed me on my feet down on the beach.

All the commotion had rustled Anita from the tent. I threw down my best crouching tiger and we were now awake. No coming down from that buzz.

I jumped in the ocean and like always the Pacific here is the perfect temperature.

After my session with Mother Ocean I split a few coconuts for a tasty and sweet morning snack.

We then decided to wander a bit. The beach to the right was being exposed to the sun…

so we went left out onto the rocks towards the point. Rumor has it there is a nice break out there. I would be drowned or end up smashed on the rocks if I tried, so someone share if it is true.

Wandering…

The snails were having a good time this morning .

Up ahead we could see something potentially dangerous and/or interesting.

It was like the weeping wall. The entire hillside was oozing cold, fresh water. The cave wasn’t much of a cave and no pirates left any gold there. Standing under the rocks we were showered by icy drops as we lined up for a “La conquisté” photo .

We walked a ways more to spy on some pelicans digesting the fish they had been diving for earlier.

Heading back to camp I noticed signs of the water pushing up from under us. We walked though little pools and streams which were like ice compared to the warmth of Costa Rica’s Pacific waters.

We walked as slow as possible knowing that we had to leave this place.

We were also getting hungry and you know, the road calls…

More to come...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it." -Abraham Lincoln
GRinCR is offline   Reply With Quote