ignore list

Oddometer: 7,244
Awesome news!!! Woot!!!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #47
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,163
Glad to hear she's progressing. We had been following along since her first post, and hoping for good things. This wasn't quite what we were hoping for, but the news of recovery will be welcome news.

MV
Old 11-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #48
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,035
Thanks for the update, must be really tough on her and very frustrating. But it's good to hear there is progress being made, and looking forward to day we hear that she was able to return home. Hoping that day is near.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #49
momentumadv OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Thanks

Hi everyone - Robyn here it's so nice to be using my own fingers and voice to communicate.

I am so glad to be able to call you all friends. I received your card today and the lottery ticket. It made me smile. I am doing really well now. I should be moving to rehab next week and then eventually home. Thank you all for the well wishes, prayers and all the moose pictures. It has all helped me on my road to recovery.
momentumadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #50
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Yeah, we're not always assholes. Just sometimes!

So glad you're recovering so well.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #51
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
Yeah, we're not always assholes. Just sometimes!

So glad you're recovering so well.
speak for yourself. Welcome back you bad ass!!!!!!!!!!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #52
damurph
Cold Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,516
So glad to know you are doing well. Long journey to make yet but apparently you have a great travelling partner.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #53
momentumadv OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
We are finally leaving the hospital to rehab. We will probably be there for a month or more. I'm not really sure how long. Robyn is rather apprehensive about the move, but I keep putting a positive spin on it and talking about the kids, not home.

I thank you all for the prayers and support. I hope no one here ever endures such a tragedy, but that is naive. Prepare yourself and keep yourself healthy.

Here are some tips to help if you are ever in my situation.

BEWARE WALL OF TEXT TO FOLLOW.

Entertain the nurses and staff. I placed notes on the door to Robyn's room at least a dozen postings. All funny some simple and some complex. The nurses and techs are the key to one's well being. Make sure they come in with a smile and a good attitude. Some of the notes I used.

Caution strip-monopoly in play enter at your own risk.

Hippos and alligators dancing, please bring mops and brooms for after the party.

Robyn's Ball Room Dancing Studio.

The longer more complex ones well it would just add to this already long post. I can't speak highly enough about getting to know your caregivers. And if one does not provide you that security and confidence you need then request they not return. The last thing a patient wants to do is call for a nurse they do not trust. This does not necessarily mean like them but trust is a huge issue.

Get friendly with the information desk. They don't have all the answers but they know who to call to get them. After a few visits and some side chatter a question will turn into the information attendee picking up the phone and making it happen.

Be observant at the cafe. Food gets very expensive over time and if you can live off two meals a day here is how you do it on the cheap. Again get friendly with people. Wait until breakfast is ending and lunch is beginning usually around 10am. Speak up and make an offer, such as "I'll give you a buck for the rest of that cooked bacon."

The cafeteria staff throws away more food everyday than one could imagine. Bargain down a price for the left cooked leftovers. Take one take out plate and store it away until later that afternoon. Usually lunch and dinner are the same thing so you only get once chance to pick up a deal unless you want to do it around 4:30am. If there is a smaller cafe that has limited hours and a smaller staff then you can easily make out like a bandit.

Get to know the cleaning lady for your floor and room. Leave some candies on a counter for them. A tidy room can greatly change the mood of the patient. And they will happily run and get you those extras and keep the toilet paper rolls full.

Again nurses and techs and if they have a registry desk. Build a friendly relationship and ask for that cup of coffee, soda or tea. Save that $1.50 you would have just spent. Once your friendly enough they will just bring you a cup to your room at 5:30am or what ever time you normally wake.

Use the in house library there is no reason to sit there and listen to doctors come and go and be uninformed. Make a plan and execute it. Remember grey walls become tiresome. Get out of the room. At UK Lexington there is a concert every tuesday at noon in the main lobby. I was never able to get Robyn there due to meds, surgeries and visitors. But I did make it for myself several times. They were local bands and orchestras from UK. And made for a great escape for myself at least for a short period of time.
momentumadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #54
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,163
Ok, sorry this took as long as it did, hopefully it can still be of some use:

We figured that if you were on the hunt for moose pics to brighten someone's day, what better meese to use than those that live in the happiest place on earth? They'd have to be the happiest meese on earth, right? So without further ado:

The meese

The moose sign (as performed by Shesaid)

And a special thanks to those who allow repeated trips on the Mark Twain, even once it become obvious that pictures taken with a GPS unit just aren't going to get as good as pictures from the camera you left at home (special thanks to Hesaid). Hope rehab goes well, and goes quickly.

MV
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #55
kels
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Not a dang moose to be found anywhere in KANSAS

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
kels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #56
DougFromKentucky
Just a good 'ole boy

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by kels View Post
Not a dang moose to be found anywhere in KANSAS

Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Yep, we are rather short of them down here in Kentucky too.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

USMC 1970-1978: HMH-463 Evacuation of Saigon - April 1975, Evacuation of Phnom Phen during the Killing Fields Spring of 1975
DougFromKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #57
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Hi Robyn!
Nice to see you're doing so well. I was on my way into town the other day and had to stop for this Big Boy. It made me think of you so I quickly snapped a couple of pics while he crossed. This is a wild Moose in Northern Alberta Canada near Lac La Biche where I live. The temp is about -30f. You often don't get time to take a pic as they generally head for the trees as soon as they see you! As You can see in the second shot I got too close and he is booking it for the trees!!

Best Regards and Merry Christmas!!
just jeff
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #58
MarkR702
n00b

Oddometer: 15
Revised Moose Sign

Hello Robyn,
I hope you are doing well at the rehab. It can demand a lot from any individual. You have the strength.
I found a new use for the Moose Sign. Last Saturday morning I was dressing in my riding gear when my wife comes by and says, What do you think you are doing? You cant go riding! You have to cut firewood, you have to go Christmas shopping, you have to pick up that new couch for your daughter....... On and On it went.
I stuck my two thumbs in my ears, and walked away waving the fingers goodbye. The moose sign has new purpose. It has now become my new gesture that she knows as, I'm not going to listen to you. Ha, works well.
MarkR702 is offline   Reply With Quote