ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #31
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,251
Update please!

IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #32
Kootenai Rider OP
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Well.... nothing too exciting to report.

I am pretty well settled in. Been here over a month now. I live in a service apartment which is basically like living in a hotel. 2 Bedrooms, 677sq. feet so not too small.

Kitchen:

The view:

Dining area:

My Neighbourhood. My building is short one middle left sticking out from the point. This is Tolo Harbour

A couple weekends ago I climbed up the mtn to the south of my place. This is looking down into Ma On Shan (well kinda to the right side of the photo)Across the water is Fo Tan

This is the opposite view... I hiked up a road that would be to the right in this picture. This is near where the photo of the whole harbour was taken.

I take the MTR (Train) pretty much everywhere, though take the occasional taxi. I am getting a mountain bike soon so I'll be slightly more mobile. In a couple months I may get a motorbike.

So...it turns out my drivers license and moto endorsement transfer over so I can go get a HK drivers license and just pay the fee, no need to take a stupid riding course.

I am looking at getting either a CB250, CBR150 (yes a CBR 150), or a CRM250 (Street legal version of the CR250 Motocross bike)

Currently this is the only bike I've been able to use..

I saw a GSA 1200 today in Mong Kok looking like it was ready to ride the world, but looked as though it had only seen Starbucks. No inmate sticker, but it did have a BMW Motorrad Club of Hong Kong sticker on it.

Last weekend I went up towards the border with mainland China and checked out some mtn biking trails.

It was cool in the downhill trail section. I was standing there by this shade shelter watching a couple people come down the trail, and one of the locals who was standing there started talking to me, and offered to let me give the trails a try.

Sure was a good thing I had thrown my helmet and riding gloves in my backpack...you know. Just in case. His buddy followed me up the trail and then showed me the good line down.

This is Sheng Shui near the trails. This would be the suburbs of Hong Kong Island and Kowloon.

There is a company rig I can take once I get my license... guess which one it is...

Overall things are pretty good. I have lost weight which is nice. I like it here. I do miss everyone and getting to ride, but I am adapting. Everyone I work with is pretty cool. Mostly Aussie's and locals. Only two other Americans.

While all of you are freezing your butts off, take comfort knowing it was so nice today that I got a sunburn today while out flying model aeroplanes.

Temps were warm and muggy when I arrived, now they've backed off, as has the humidity so it has been downright pleasant here. Funny thing is I walk around in shorts and T-shirt and everyone else here is bundled up like there is a Nor Easter blowing in.

That's all for now. I'll update once I've gone mobile.

Oh, and no my camera isn't shitty, most of these pics I took off my instagram account.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #33
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,617
Great up date Junior. It's nice to see where you are living and your neighborhood. I see you aren't suffering to much.

Only one question. How do your reach your microwave?

"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #34
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,531
Trivia question:

They still drive on the left in HK ?

Company car: The shinyest one . . . . .

That there's an asian sized fridge . . . . . Microwave's probly at eye level.

Post pix of your scoot when ya get it; Oh, and don't forget to carry around your spare tubes . . . . .

Have fun ! ! !

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #35
Kootenai Rider OP
Displaced Adventurer

They do still drive on the left....and unfortunately I'll be driving the Ford Transit van hiding behind the Lambo and Ferrari.

I think the microwave is at Eyelevel...

Old 12-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #36
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,429
Thanks for the update Jr. Glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying it!
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #37
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,122
I was guessing the van. Thanks for the info & the 1980's style pictures...is that an ap on your phone.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #38
Kootenai Rider OP
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
I was guessing the van. Thanks for the info & the 1980's style pictures...is that an ap on your phone.
Nope.... I just take shitty pictures.... and yes.... its the van. I can't even afford to walk past a Lambo.

Its actually an App on my iPad.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #39
Squishy
Positively charged

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Nope.... I just take shitty pictures.... and yes.... its the van. I can't even afford to walk past a Lambo.

Its actually an App on my iPad.
Some flash cars in there, i hope they can find a decent road to actually test them out. No worries with the van, they've always been my choice...something to move that bike around when you get it. Enjoy your sightseeing, have fun.
Squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #40
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
and yes.... its the van.
It might be this van: http://youtu.be/CSAWrswE3Yo?t=5m6s
XR4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #41
Kootenai Rider OP
Displaced Adventurer

Actually that is the exact model.... it has this little 2.0L diesel (I think) but it does have pretty good get up and go....

Old 12-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #42
sirloynz
Puny Human

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Some flash cars in there, i hope they can find a decent road to actually test them out.