Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #721
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Wow, with all the steroid usage in sports these days, I'm surprised people are still crying about Lance. Go grab a tissue and move on. He did what most top athletes did, he just did it better. If it wasn't for the fact that most people are lazy fucks who have no life and live off the drama of the famous, this shit wouldn't of lasted 2 weeks in the news.

How many of you cry babies have started a nonprofit organization that has helped millions, and will continue to help more people then you could ever know.

Take it easy Francis, you're missing the point.

Most people that are cycling fans and follow the sport aren't really all that pissed that Lance Armstrong did performance enhancing drugs, during the era most of the pro peloton were.....Hell, who knows, maybe they still are. I can sit here right now and give you a list of my favourite cyclists that have been caught or have admitted doing drugs over the years, not the point.

The point is that Lance ruined people that stood in his way, he was a fantastic asshole and bully. He sabotaged careers, denied contracts, sued the innocent (and won) all to protect his house of cards, and when the rug finally got pulled out from under him he cries "everybody was doing it" Well fuck him, no everybody wasn't ruining other peoples lives and crushing honest people.

Read Tyler Hamilton's book "The Secret Race" It'll be a bit of an eye opener I'll bet.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #722
Weirdo
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,447
Oh and just for fun, here's my list off the top of my head:

Tyler Hamilton: Doper
Jan Ulrich: Doper
Michael Rasmussen: Doper
Ryder Hesjedal: Doper
Alberto Contador: Doper
Floyd Landis: Doper
George Hincape: Doper

And not off the top of my head, to back up my point. Here's a list of doping cyclists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ses_in_cycling

Weirdo screwed with this post 12-01-2013 at 09:50 AM
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #723
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Take it easy Francis, you're missing the point.

Most people that are cycling fans and follow the sport aren't really all that pissed that Lance Armstrong did performance enhancing drugs, during the era most of the pro peloton were.....Hell, who knows, maybe they still are. I can sit here right now and give you a list of my favourite cyclists that have been caught or have admitted doing drugs over the years, not the point.

The point is that Lance ruined people that stood in his way, he was a fantastic asshole and bully. He sabotaged careers, denied contracts, sued the innocent (and won) all to protect his house of cards, and when the rug finally got pulled out from under him he cries "everybody was doing it" Well fuck him, no everybody wasn't ruining other peoples lives and crushing honest people.

Read Tyler Hamilton's book "The Secret Race" It'll be a bit of an eye opener I'll bet.
This
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #724
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
sounds like typical CEO behavior to me .. which is highly regarded and well rewarded. look at chainsaw al dunlap. worst he behaves, the better he's rewarded.

fact is there's no law against being an asshole .. LA is being prosecuted for doping, then lying about it. just like almost everyone that was actually competitive during that era .. note I'm not sure about the almost part. what's probably more accurate is everyone that's competitive was doping.

IMHO reason no one else was being an asshole to level of LA ... there can only be ONE top dog at a time. LA was very good at what he did .. which was staying on top for a very long time. which is exactly what a CEO does...
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #725
Green Stainz OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,985
Latest interview espn

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?...rviewarmstrong
Green Stainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #726
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Stainz View Post
wow .. that's the most complete interview ever ...
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #727
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,909
Let them eat cake. CEO behavior indeed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-tu...181441283.html
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #728
Schnickelfritz
pick, grin, repeat

Oddometer: 1,868
Wow. Just gets better and better. I swear I laughed when I read about this over at cyclingnews.com. Not because someone bought a race, but because of the scope of the enterprise: sure you have to buy off the past winner, but the whole Amore e Vita team?

Hell, I've arranged finishes with other riders on the road, and even made pre-race pacts with riders from other teams to work with or against certain riders. And I've agreed to pay the few dollars' difference for the higher place. And that's just in US amateur racing. Pros do this all the time, sometimes for a little money, sometimes for a lot.

But this is so fittingly, characteristically, and outrageously over the top, as it turns out with every passing week, it seems.

Gags doesn't look good in this, either, though. His career is blotched with lack of palmares, a self-serving self-comparison to Mario Cipollini, and one outburst of stupidity and violence (he attacked Jonny Sundt with a 2 x 4 after a race in 2004). So why now?
Schnickelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: