Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #571
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I'm gonna see if these's room inside for the servos. Pretty damned ingenius!
It's tight in there! Not much room for anything after putting the compass, extra receiver, and wiring in there.

Thank you
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #572
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
Do you have a parts list for building one up? I'm sort of curious about the total cost. I looked on their website, I guess I have to convert Kronas.
It's not expensive as yo ucan build your own. Ecks recommends high end motors, but a lot of us are using cheaper alternatives with great results. (also remember that all the parts are more expensive in EU - so it's cheaper to build your own). I used Turnigy motors from Hobby King, but also just ordered some 1300kv Kedas for $9 each that have a great reputation for this frame. Add some 10a Simon K ESC's from any source - say $12 - $15 each, and that's pretty much it. Lipos that fit well are 1600mah 30c - so also really cheap. KK2 board $30. That pretty much sums it up.

You cna also buy the frame without paint for about $50. I think with two tone paint it is around $120 shipped - that's alot, but i thought it was worth it. He's a carpenter and it shows in the quality of his work.

I fundamentally like wood frames due to their lack of vibrations.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #573
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,690
Where do most of you guys buy your parts? I've been using HobbyKing, I really want to buy from our little local hobby store but the prices are crazy high. I didn't order a few things like the male to male servo connecters from HK figuring I'd buy them local. Stopped in on my lunch break and he had one in a package and it was $5.99. I can buy 10 of those on Amazon for like $4. Coming from a small town I really get the buy local thing and help keep the small stores going but I just can't bring myself to pay $30 for the same motor I bought for $9 from HK. The kid explained that he has to order all his stuff from Horizon Hobbies. I checked out their website and I can see why he's having to charge as much as he does.

As I get further into my little build I'll realize I forgot to order some small component which HK only has in the international warehouse. I guess the US warehouse is just getting going and they are usually sold out of what I need and is back ordered. Just little things like jwt connecters or a connecter to plug into the battery balance lead for LED's and battery alarm on the KK2 board.

So far this has been really fun and quite the learning experience. Nothing comes with any sort of manual, YouTube has become my best friend! Fortunately people love to record videos about everything
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #574
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladukebob View Post
Where do most of you guys buy your parts? I've been using HobbyKing, I really want to buy from our little local hobby store but the prices are crazy high. I didn't order a few things like the male to male servo connecters from HK figuring I'd buy them local. Stopped in on my lunch break and he had one in a package and it was $5.99. I can buy 10 of those on Amazon for like $4. Coming from a small town I really get the buy local thing and help keep the small stores going but I just can't bring myself to pay $30 for the same motor I bought for $9 from HK. The kid explained that he has to order all his stuff from Horizon Hobbies. I checked out their website and I can see why he's having to charge as much as he does.

As I get further into my little build I'll realize I forgot to order some small component which HK only has in the international warehouse. I guess the US warehouse is just getting going and they are usually sold out of what I need and is back ordered. Just little things like jwt connecters or a connecter to plug into the battery balance lead for LED's and battery alarm on the KK2 board.

So far this has been really fun and quite the learning experience. Nothing comes with any sort of manual, YouTube has become my best friend! Fortunately people love to record videos about everything
www.hobbyking.com
www.multirotorsuperstore.com
www.rcmanchild.com
www.buddyrc.com
www.simplecopter.com
www.gothelirc.com
www.headsuprc.com
www.commonsenserc.com
Old 12-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #575
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,528
I am really tired of HK and their constant backorders.

For US shops, I have used DIY Quadcopters with good results as well Witespy (Ready to Fly Quads).

In EU I like Flyduino in Germany and Floatship in the UK.

I have used RCTimer or GoodluclkBuys - both also in China as well, and have always received my goods from them. Not a fan of the RcTimer ESC's anymore though, nor their props... Bought some motors from Goodluckbuy that have worked out really well.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #576
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Wow, thanks for the links. I briefly checked each one out and then I got side tracked learning how to use the GoPro as an FPV. I can see this is going to be a huge time suck, almost as bad as ADV

Right now I'm just waiting for a few small things to show up and I can start wiring this thing up. I watched a bunch of videos on the KK2 board and how the transmitter works and how to binfd the Fr Sky module.

Clear as mud
findLadukebob
Old 12-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #577
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,867
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the links. I briefly checked each one out and then I got side tracked learning how to use the GoPro as an FPV. I can see this is going to be a huge time suck, almost as bad as ADV

Right now I'm just waiting for a few small things to show up and I can start wiring this thing up. I watched a bunch of videos on the KK2 board and how the transmitter works and how to binfd the Fr Sky module.

Clear as mud
Tons of stuff on ebay too. I pay a little more, but you get it in less than a week usually.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #578
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
Tons of stuff on ebay too. I pay a little more, but you get it in less than a week usually.
I found some male to male servo connectors on Amazon for a great price and ordered them. I checked on the tracking link this morning to check on when I might see them and guess what? They're coming from freaking China! They'll be here Jan. 9th The thing I was trying to avoid.

Ordered more this morning from Simplecopter and I'm hoping to see them in a week or less. I'm thinking about making them in my garage and selling them online

I'm so close to finishing this build.

Trying to come up with a nice nifty way of fabricating different legs other than the ones that come with the Talon V2.0 I will want to mount a gopro under it at some point and the stock legs are way too short. I have the battery mounted below the bottom deck but I think I can work around it. I have a few ideas and I'm trying to decide what material will work best.
findLadukebob
Old 12-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #579
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
I found some male to male servo connectors on Amazon for a great price and ordered them. I checked on the tracking link this morning to check on when I might see them and guess what? They're coming from freaking China! They'll be here Jan. 9th The thing I was trying to avoid.

Ordered more this morning from Simplecopter and I'm hoping to see them in a week or less. I'm thinking about making them in my garage and selling them online

I'm so close to finishing this build.

Trying to come up with a nice nifty way of fabricating different legs other than the ones that come with the Talon V2.0 I will want to mount a gopro under it at some point and the stock legs are way too short. I have the battery mounted below the bottom deck but I think I can work around it. I have a few ideas and I'm trying to decide what material will work best.

Carbon arrow shafts work great and are dirt cheap. Hard balsa sticks work also. Keep it simple.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 12-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #580
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
Carbon arrow shafts work great and are dirt cheap. Hard balsa sticks work also. Keep it simple.
Carbon arrow shafts..............brilliant!

Would have never considered that.
findLadukebob
Old 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #581
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Carbon arrow shafts..............brilliant!

Would have never considered that.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 12-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #582
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Anybody need a quad frame with LEDs and GoPro mount?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post22989930

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 12-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #583
biggziff OP
Funk Soul Bruvah

Real Flight with controller for sale

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5#post23019055

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 12-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #584
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,339
Looking for someone with RC experience to build a cable cam for my gopro.

PM me if interested.

I do not have time or experience with RC, and I can't find one that can be purchased, so I would like to hire someone to build it.

Requirements:
  • Decent quality parts should be used, not parts from a $20 walmart RC car
  • Should have speed control (throttle controlled motor drives unit on rope/cable) and panning capability (camera mount attached to controllable servo)
  • RC experience with proof (pictures/video of projects) a plus
  • Builder will provide a design plan and quoted budget and will be paid at an agreed upon schedule

Here are some ideas to get you going:
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/my-g...led-t3421.html
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tedbrock/aircam-gp
http://www.cablecam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
http://www.cablecam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6756770/
http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listco...hreadid=142784
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #585
DakarNick
Swabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Looking for someone with RC experience to build a cable cam for my gopro.

PM me if interested.

I do not have time or experience with RC, and I can't find one that can be purchased, so I would like to hire someone to build it.

Requirements:
  • Decent quality parts should be used, not parts from a $20 walmart RC car
  • Should have speed control (throttle controlled motor drives unit on rope/cable) and panning capability (camera mount attached to controllable servo)
  • RC experience with proof (pictures/video of projects) a plus
  • Builder will provide a design plan and quoted budget and will be paid at an agreed upon schedule
Here are some ideas to get you going:
http://goprouser.freeforums.org/my-g...led-t3421.html
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tedbrock/aircam-gp
http://www.cablecam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
http://www.cablecam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6756770/
http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listco...hreadid=142784
Pm'ed you. Sounds like it could be a fun project!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: