Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #316
LPRoad
Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 244
I wonder if a campaign of letters would actually create any movement other than the movement of the mail clerk towards the waste bin. I may write one anyway, all I would be out is a stamp and some time. The SR400 would nicely fit my needs.
LPRoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #317
Iranian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
The price tag here in Sweden is now set to close to 60 000 kr. I think it is way to much money for sr 400 since they are selling the MT-07 for the same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPRoad View Post
I wonder if a campaign of letters would actually create any movement other than the movement of the mail clerk towards the waste bin. I may write one anyway, all I would be out is a stamp and some time. The SR400 would nicely fit my needs.
Iranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #318
TomJoad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR400 View Post
This bike is so great, and I feel it checks all the boxes for what we are missing in the US motorcycle market.

I've been on the phone with Yamaha headquarters to express my interest and see what can be done about getting here. Apparently they only accept written letters. So I'm mailing one tonight!

Just an FYI in case someone else wants to send a letter as well!

Here is the corporate mailing address:

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

(I want one so bad feel free to send me your letter and I'll print it, mail it, and pay for the postage! )
I am sending a letter today. If they call me I'll give them my credit card and promise to sell 10 of them after mine arrives.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #319
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
Think I'll write a letter myself using your address. I'd like a larger street thumper than the Suzuki TU250. I've owned at least 4 Yamaha's, but only bought one brand new.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #320
SR400
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPRoad View Post
I may write one anyway, all I would be out is a stamp and some time. The SR400 would nicely fit my needs.
Exactly! A few minutes, a few cents, and we all get more motorcycle options.

Quote:
I am sending a letter today. If they call me I'll give them my credit card and promise to sell 10 of them after mine arrives.

Quote:
Think I'll write a letter myself using your address. I'd like a larger street thumper than the Suzuki TU250. I've owned at least 4 Yamaha's, but only bought one brand new.
I'm in California, so I don't even get the TU250! I'm hoping we can pick up even a little bit of momentum for the SR400...
SR400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #321
SR400
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Update!

Just wanted to give anyone interested a quick update...

I just got off the phone with a gentleman from Yamaha who called me regarding my letter! At least they actually read it and took the time to acknowledge it

He didn't have official word on the SR400, but in their last internal dealer meeting they announced that by the 2015 model year they will have 5 completely new models in the US market. With a chance of a late 2014 model showing up. He felt confident that one of those models would be the SR.

Obviously this should all be taken with a grain of salt, because clearly it's not an official announcement. But it is a guy who works in the company, speaking very candidly with me, and was genuinely excited to tell me what little he knew.

And so the wait continues...
SR400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #322
Super Sneaky Steve
B@nned Club :D

Oddometer: 3,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR400 View Post
Just wanted to give anyone interested a quick update...

I just got off the phone with a gentleman from Yamaha who called me regarding my letter! At least they actually read it and took the time to acknowledge it

He didn't have official word on the SR400, but in their last internal dealer meeting they announced that by the 2015 model year they will have 5 completely new models in the US market. With a chance of a late 2014 model showing up. He felt confident that one of those models would be the SR.

Obviously this should all be taken with a grain of salt, because clearly it's not an official announcement. But it is a guy who works in the company, speaking very candidly with me, and was genuinely excited to tell me what little he knew.

And so the wait continues...
Thanks for the update. With 5 new bikes coming it makes me second guess myself about buying a new bike next spring.
Super Sneaky Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #323
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
Me too. I'd would be great to hear what Yamaha has coming up. Because, as it stands now, I'll be buying a used bike or a New Suzuki. If I knew Yamaha wa bringing the SR400 to the US and a rough price for same, I may well hold off.
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #324
dlmarquez
dlm

Oddometer: 78
2014/2015 sr400 usa

I am already saving for this!
A longtime dream will come true!
dlmarquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #325
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,991
CRAP!! I may have to buy a new bike in 2014...
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #326
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 867
Back in the day I had a Yamaha XS 400 and my buddy had the SR 500 his had the cool factor and loads of torque for it's day. But man that thing did vibrate.

These old bike tug at the heart strings, sort of like the girlfriend you hated and were thrilled to see gone. Then you see her twenty years later and think to youself she wasn't that bad, I wonder what she's up to?

That being said it can't vibrate any worse than my 640 Adventure did. And I see some potential here.
The kicker is worth the price of admission. Ironically that XS 400 was the last kicker roadbike I owned.

I wouldn't mind seeing Honda rerelease the GB 500 either. I loved that bike when I was younger. English looks Japanese reliability. And very cool, at least to me.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #327
LPRoad
Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 244
Well, I will be buying a new bike next year, but if the SR400 really does make it here, I can always sell or trade the 2014 purchase
Old 12-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #328
LostViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milosh View Post
I owned one of these. Think Honda would sell something like this over here again?

This is what rocks my boat!

I'd almost rather have this than the new Norton Commando
Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #329
TomJoad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
I sent a letter as well but did not get a reply (maybe because I wrote it in crayon).

I can't wait and am buying a used sportster in the next few weeks. I'll sell it when I actually see one in the dealership.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #330
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2014/...th-2015-sr400/
PAULIBIKER is online now   Reply With Quote