Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #226
GPHusky250
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatto1 View Post

Built two dolly's for the beasts. I am able to put the Moto jack underneath making it into a temp lift. Also allows me to put the bikes flush against the wall.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Great idea! I'm lazy...I bought one of these from Harbor Freight....

GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #227
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,120
Installed the autoswitch today to power my advmonster led aux. Scariest thing I've done to my bike so far. Looking at all these wires to tab in I remembered what my optician told me when I was 6 years old: Well I'm afraid that you are colorblind. Good news is you'll see your life in a very special way, bad news is you'll never be able to defuse a bomb...

Well anyway found the cancelling wire and it's working but the bad news is that it can't trigger both my M60 LED and my M30 LED since they don't use the same amps. Now it's triggering my M60 and I'll have to order another one from ADVmonster

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #228
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655

Finally, you got everything. And since you got the triple back frame, you also got the black upper tubes that you wanted badly. Can't wait to see the frankenbike that you're going to create.
sarathmenon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #229
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Oddometer: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post

Can't wait to see the frankenbike that you're going to create.

I don't know about Frankenin it. I have 95% of the required parts already to make it like new again, factory stock. It seems like it was meant to be. Funny thing is it has warranty to 04/15! Apparently BMW won't warranty rock holes in the block. I have many decisions to make and potential paths I could take. Right now I'm just beat after a full day of just picking it up...........

It's time now.

Woody......I WIN!

Reaver screwed with this post 01-04-2014 at 07:07 PM
Reaver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #230
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Woody......I WIN!
yes, that was a good find...............
But ....................
You still owe me a beer for pointing you to the new design flywheel deal in eBay
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #231
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,120
fuck my life a new bike?!

Oh I see, you put it together for when I'm coming to visit so that we can ride together thanks Dad

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #232
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
fuck my life a new bike?!

Oh I see, you put it together for when I'm coming to visit so that we can ride together thanks Dad
He still hasn't brought brake rotors. Make sure you check everything before you take it out for a spin
Old 01-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #233
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,338
Quote:
Uh, maybe tomorrow I'll go for a ride.

Had to power it up to check the mileage for the ownership transfer. 11,038 kms. I imagine there's going to be a few fault codes stored up now.
Don't ya dare put anything on'er until that frame is freshly powder coated in flat black.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #234
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Really. Just why are triple black bike frames and swing arms silver? I'm confused and still haven't gotten over the 650 is an 800 fiasco. It's a German thing, I wouldn't understand.

I'm retrofitting ABS on this one so wish me luck. A sacrifice to the software Gods may be required.........
Old 01-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #235
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm retrofitting ABS on this one so wish me luck. A sacrifice to the software Gods may be required.........
Is that even possible? I thought the ABS needs some programming to be done on the computer, which only Berlin can do. When I bought the bike, I first wanted to do it without ABS. The dealer told me that they cannot retrofit the ABS later, since they don't have the ability.

And my adventures are a lot less interesting than yours. I mounted an Anakee III front yesterday. Wow, what a tire! This is easily one of the best road options for the F800GS. The difference in handling from the older Anakee II is amazing.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #236
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

How many Dealers actually know what they're talking about? They probably just didn't want to. It requires a new wiring harness, control unit, lines and combi switch etc so I'm going to physically install it and see what happens. Unless Joel says no.

Maybe if it doesn't work I can claim warranty and see if it flies? Whaddaya mean it doesn't have ABS? It used to work!

I'll do a thread on that. Good info as our models are getting older and more used parts are available.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #237
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I've been shovelling snow for 3 hrs because there's no room in the garage to bring the snowblower home.
If it helps improve your spirits, it's 15 C around here, and I was feeling too warm on my commute back
Old 01-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #238
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
How many Dealers actually know what they're talking about? They probably just didn't want to. It requires a new wiring harness, control unit, lines and combi switch etc so I'm going to physically install it and see what happens. Unless Joel says no.

Maybe if it doesn't work I can claim warranty and see if it flies? Whaddaya mean it doesn't have ABS? It used to work!

I'll do a thread on that. Good info as our models are getting older and more used parts are available.
I'll definitely be watching out for that thread. The only problem I can see happening is if the computer needs any additional module or software which isn't mentioned in the fiche. You're far into the unknown land with this assembly, what's a few more German gremlins for you...
Old 01-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #239
Ian_R
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
If it helps improve your spirits, it's 15 C around here, and I was feeling too warm on my commute back
I'm visiting relatives in a small town in central Queensland Aust. where many records for extreme heat have been broken in the last few weeks - http://tinyurl.com/kxfrlyw. Yesterday during the hottest part of the day I watched a procession of bikes heading south on the main road. One of the bikes was a new GSA - I've ridden mine on a few hot days lately and can imagine that he would have been molten behind the screen and with the engine heat on his legs. The things we do for fun!

Ian
Ian_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #240
Reaver
Trade Parts for Beer

Quote:
And since you got the triple back frame, you also got the black upper tubes that you wanted badly.

Yes and upon inspection............they're both bent! Hence the FM wanted ad.

Good thing it was cheap. Now I'm considering Shivering both of them.