ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #166
Lawson01
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 13
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has seen the new exhaust that ooracing have brought out for the ace?
Looks pretty cool, it's the mini trap type exhaust
http://www.ooracing.com/store/index....wCat&catId=234

Let me know if anyone try's it out, or any of them. I've got the performance and it sounds awesome, just wish I could hear the others..
Lawson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #167
Bojer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Mid UK
Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumdriver View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to improve the instrumentation? I think it needs matching tachometer and speedometer.
.
I bought this one of Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3807081562...84.m1497.l2649 going to try and do a triple instrument set up like the CPI Sprint - idiot light binnacle to the front . Not a perfect match for the speedo but close - especially at the price ! There is matching speedo available too but not found/got one yet .

Was yours the one on Ebay for sale ?
Bojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #168
blackwombat
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Oddometer: 1
Hi
I've put a new muffler and a pod air filter on a skyteam v-retro (raptor) 250. Also chopped the back. Can anyone suggest jet size for carby? Does 115 main jet and a 25 pilot sound right?
blackwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #169
Quantumdriver
Quantumdriver
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Eastbourne, England
Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojer View Post
I bought this one of Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3807081562...84.m1497.l2649 going to try and do a triple instrument set up like the CPI Sprint - idiot light binnacle to the front . Not a perfect match for the speedo but close - especially at the price ! There is matching speedo available too but not found/got one yet .

Was yours the one on Ebay for sale ?
Probably!

It was for sale in Todmorden, with light accident damage. Now fully repaired, I have ridden it once before the weather closed in. I intend to get stuck into releasing a bit more power from the motor in the new year. So far I am very impressed with the bike and it gets positive comments from everyone who sees it.
Quantumdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #170
twinair
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Concarneau, Brittany, France.
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumdriver View Post
Hi there.

I am so glad I found this thread. I have just bought an Ace, picking it up next week. It's got a bit of accident damage, but has a low mileage. I can't wait to get stuck in. I feel a big bore kit coming on.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to improve the instrumentation? I think it needs matching tachometer and speedometer.

I'll post some pictures when it's back in the workshop.

Yes, the intrumentation is sad, so I fitted thi one:



It comes fron China parts Ldt.

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalo..._IN003014.html

I had to buy the all block, but kept the small tacho for much custom look !stayed
twinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #171
Lawson01
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinair View Post
Yes, the intrumentation is sad, so I fitted thi one:



It comes fron China parts Ldt.

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalo..._IN003014.html

I had to buy the all block, but kept the small tacho for much custom look !stayed
I like what you've done with the handlebars.
How did you mount the digital display though? And could you not have hidden the gps box somewhere else?
Lawson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:48 AM   #172
twinair
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Concarneau, Brittany, France.
Oddometer: 11
The laptimer is fixed with a glue-Velcro on an alu-plate, bolted on the yoke. Without fairing it is difficult to screen the receiver and keep the stock wiring.
It was fitted only for some days, to gauge the speedo which is good in the midle (around 80 Km/H) and optimistic at the top (117 Km/H at GPS and 2 mm. after 120 Km/H at the needle). Not too bad, I saw worse and more expensive !
This top speed was obtained with a Dunlop K82-2,75/18 front and 3,00/18 rear and 17 x 34 bracket. This bracket don't allow to reach 10000 T/mn. I'll try 17x36 or 16x34.
twinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #173
Lawson01
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinair View Post
The laptimer is fixed with a glue-Velcro on an alu-plate, bolted on the yoke. Without fairing it is difficult to screen the receiver and keep the stock wiring.
It was fitted only for some days, to gauge the speedo which is good in the midle (around 80 Km/H) and optimistic at the top (117 Km/H at GPS and 2 mm. after 120 Km/H at the needle). Not too bad, I saw worse and more expensive !
This top speed was obtained with a Dunlop K82-2,75/18 front and 3,00/18 rear and 17 x 34 bracket. This bracket don't allow to reach 10000 T/mn. I'll try 17x36 or 16x34.
Oh I see, have you made any changes to your jets yet or is that all just stock stuff engine wise? When I first got my ace I rode it along side with my dad and his brother, Found out my speedo was saying I was going 10km's slower than I actually was. Since Then I've done the rejet tuneup kit, changed my exhaust, changed my tyres for the same as yours and recently put in the 150cc big bore kit. I'll probably get something similar to what you've used to find out how much the speedo will be out by now..
Lawson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #174
TangentRogers
n00b
 
TangentRogers's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: SE Qld
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dan View Post
New barrel going on. I have left the base gasket off to increase the compression ratio.

Hi Just Dan,

Im just about to do the 150cc conversion, and I was wondering what you put on in place of the base gasket. It looks like you may have smeared grease or something on the join? Something to help prevent oil leaks?
TangentRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #175
twinair
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Concarneau, Brittany, France.
Oddometer: 11
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson01 View Post
Oh I see, have you made any changes to your jets yet or is that all just stock stuff engine wise? When I first got my ace I rode it along side with my dad and his brother, Found out my speedo was saying I was going 10km's slower than I actually was. Since Then I've done the rejet tuneup kit, changed my exhaust, changed my tyres for the same as yours and recently put in the 150cc big bore kit. I'll probably get something similar to what you've used to find out how much the speedo will be out by now..
HI!
I'm near to have the same tuning than you: 150cc., free exhaust, quick-open gaz handle (from OOR). The carb. is a KUN-FU 27mm.
http://www.mbgz.com/kunfu-27mm-carbu...-parts-29.html
The main jet is around 120 (in fact I drilled it with a gaz-cooker adjusting tool), the air filter is an oiled foam from Twinair (). I choosed that carb because it has no choke butterfly and I suppose it's better for air flow (?).
Anyway it woks perfectly, starts without choke but need to keep 4000 T/mn. a minute before a very steady idle, which is the same (900 T/mn.) when hot.
twinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #176
Lawson01
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinair View Post
HI!
I'm near to have the same tuning than you: 150cc., free exhaust, quick-open gaz handle (from OOR). The carb. is a KUN-FU 27mm.
http://www.mbgz.com/kunfu-27mm-carbu...-parts-29.html
The main jet is around 120 (in fact I drilled it with a gaz-cooker adjusting tool), the air filter is an oiled foam from Twinair (). I choosed that carb because it has no choke butterfly and I suppose it's better for air flow (?).
Anyway it woks perfectly, starts without choke but need to keep 4000 T/mn. a minute before a very steady idle, which is the same (900 T/mn.) when hot.
Nice! I'm currently waiting on a quick throttle kit from OOR, did yours make much of a difference? I might look into that carb, it would be cool to not have a choke.. Where's your air filter from?... Also what exhaust are you using? Just a clamp on one from OOR?
Lawson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #177
twinair
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Concarneau, Brittany, France.
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson01 View Post
Nice! I'm currently waiting on a quick throttle kit from OOR, did yours make much of a difference? I might look into that carb, it would be cool to not have a choke.. Where's your air filter from?... Also what exhaust are you using? Just a clamp on one from OOR?
The quick throttle makes a difference in your mind and for the look ! However it's now possible to get full open on an only wrist trick. Before I had to grab with the left hand when catching higher whith right hand !!
The exhaust is this one:
http://www.feked.com/universal-rever...-45mm-new.html
I scrached it with steel wool and coated with HT black. I feel it very noisy so I slipped in 4 steel pads used to clean dishes ! It's nice and makes a gently and useful back pressure.
twinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #178
Lawson01
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 13
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinair View Post
The quick throttle makes a difference in your mind and for the look ! However it's now possible to get full open on an only wrist trick. Before I had to grab with the left hand when catching higher whith right hand !!
The exhaust is this one:
http://www.feked.com/universal-rever...-45mm-new.html
I scrached it with steel wool and coated with HT black. I feel it very noisy so I slipped in 4 steel pads used to clean dishes ! It's nice and makes a gently and useful back pressure.
Your set up sounds pretty cool, any chance you could upload a photo of your bike? That was my main reason for the throttle kit, just little things like that extra turning if the throttle annoy me, however mines nearly perfect
Lawson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #179
twinair
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Concarneau, Brittany, France.
Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson01 View Post
Your set up sounds pretty cool, any chance you could upload a photo of your bike? That was my main reason for the throttle kit, just little things like that extra turning if the throttle annoy me, however mines nearly perfect
Here is the last view I have:


The quick throttle:


And the left side:


How to be friend whith cops !

I slipped three of them !
twinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #180
Just Dan OP
Bugger, Burnt toast
 
Just Dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Oddometer: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentRogers View Post
Hi Just Dan,

Im just about to do the 150cc conversion, and I was wondering what you put on in place of the base gasket. It looks like you may have smeared grease or something on the join? Something to help prevent oil leaks?

Sorry been a bit slack in posting in this thread, I have a new project that is soaking up my time and money. Instead of a base gasket I used loctite 515.

Every garage should have some 515. It is just the best thing.
__________________
13' kawasaki W800, Yep the twin
13' Skyteam Ace 125 BIG BORE
81' BMW R100 TIC
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014