Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #31
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
One thing that you perhaps have not considered is that smaller scooter tires wear out faster than larger diameter tires.
A scooter with 14-15" tires will need tires half as often as one with 12" tires.
And replacing the tires on motorcycles is often easier because there's no varinator (CVT) on the rear wheel of a motorcycle.
really? My Beat has about 12k km. and I have change only the rear tire (at 10K) that is like 6 k miles from a rear tire, on a KLR that is what I get from a rear, and once I had a 125 cc DP honda that I could not wear out a rear (in the 10K km I had it), even do I drove different and I was a lot litter (40-50 lbs slimmer).

Changing the rear tire was as a lot easier to do than with the KLR, no disc brake to remove nor chain, only bolts from the tire (5)

More powerful scooter will vary, I am sure!

Thank you

Damasovi
Old 12-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 5,867
Darn it Damosovi you've got bikes in MX that most of us Wee Beastie fans in the USA would sell our Grandmothers for.

And I have to echo HugeMoth's sentiments, get the Honda Cargo 150, it's got a very desirable pedigree of long life and rugged durability. Look at the thread in 'Some Assembly Required' forum of the thread within posted by the guys in Australia playing around with the 125 cc Honda Benly Clone made by Ace. That's a Chinese Clone of the Honda CG125 and they're flogging the crap out of that little bike. with a 150 cc cylinder and head hop-up kit they've managed to get boost the speed 70~75 mph. Those real Honda OHV engines have a reputation not unlike the venerable old aircooled Volkswagens, cheap to buy and maintain. And parts everywhere.

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #33
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,573
hey YamaG,

the cargo the 125 cc was a better bike, the 150 I have my doughs. They make less power (like 1 hp less) they also change the production country, the 125 where from Brazil and the new ones are said to be Mexican, but I see some other components from China? anyway they do not seem as good as before.

Having said that, I beilive they could be driven from Mexico to Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, and require gas, tires, chain and sprockets. They are very good bikes.

I will continue to look and see what it takes, and the idea of a trip call "Mexico at 55 mph...." is in my bucket list, and what better bike to do it than in a almost invisible bike (to thieves) with tons of actual dealer support.

Cheers.

Damasovi
Old 12-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #34
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
hey YamaG,

the cargo the 125 cc was a better bike, the 150 I have my doughs. They make less power (like 1 hp less) they also change the production country, the 125 where from Brazil and the new ones are said to be Mexican, but I see some other components from China? anyway they do not seem as good as before.

Having said that, I beilive they could be driven from Mexico to Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, and require gas, tires, chain and sprockets. They are very good bikes.

I will continue to look and see what it takes, and the idea of a trip call "Mexico at 55 mph...." is in my bucket list, and what better bike to do it than in a almost invisible bike (to thieves) with tons of actual dealer support.

Cheers.

Damasovi
Forget the old guys name whom took cargo 125 from Mexico all the way to brazi ? Get bike if you fit on it.