ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #616
enduro-ince
dirtslave
 
enduro-ince's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Placerville Co.
Oddometer: 5,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentjo View Post
How about Peach Valley area, much snow left there?
yep, still snowed in.
__________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
enduro-ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #617
ravenranger
rave
 
ravenranger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: az
Oddometer: 1,520
2014 Dual Sport Desert Daze

Hey guys -

Just wanted to encourage y'all to dust the snow off and come riding in SE Arizona in March (20-23) for our 5th year of Dual Sport Desert Daze.

Official ADV thread is here for more info:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943926

Thanks!

__________________
1989 NX250
2006 ST1300A
2006 Aprilia Caponord
ravenranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #618
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer
 
Greg@RME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Jct, CO
Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenranger View Post
Hey guys -

Just wanted to encourage y'all to dust the snow off and come riding in SE Arizona in March (20-23) for our 5th year of Dual Sport Desert Daze.

Official ADV thread is here for more info:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943926

Thanks!

Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #619
Alanthealan
Dirtbag
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Fruita, CO
Oddometer: 29
New advrider here, living in Fruita. Bought a DR650 this past fall. Been doing the standard mods in the freezing weather (really wish I had a garage!) Looking forward to riding weather and exploring around. This forum has been very helpful and informative. Thanks for putting the effort into reports and reviews.
Alanthealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #620
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer
 
Greg@RME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Jct, CO
Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthealan View Post
New advrider here, living in Fruita. Bought a DR650 this past fall. Been doing the standard mods in the freezing weather (really wish I had a garage!) Looking forward to riding weather and exploring around. This forum has been very helpful and informative. Thanks for putting the effort into reports and reviews.

Welcome! Glad you found the GJ area thread on here, too! The DR650 is a great bike for around here, there is plenty of incredible riding to suite that bike. What kind of mods have you been working on?

Once it warms up again, you'll have to get out riding with us & some other local ADV'ers. I'm sure this thread will become a bit more active in a couple months as we start planning rides.
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #621
Alanthealan
Dirtbag
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Fruita, CO
Oddometer: 29
I put on the acerbis tank, hand guards, bashplate, Procycle: seat recover, taillight/fender kit, oversize handlebar kit.

I need to check the valves, adjust the fuel screw, and pitle around with the engine. And get around to some wiring, connecters and maybe an HID kit.

It is nice to have North Fruita Dessert, RV, and Westwater so close. I am really looking forward to touring around the Swell, and the San Juan's and exploring all the lanscape we are spoiled with here.
Alanthealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #622
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer
 
Greg@RME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Jct, CO
Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthealan View Post
I put on the acerbis tank, hand guards, bashplate, Procycle: seat recover, taillight/fender kit, oversize handlebar kit.

I need to check the valves, adjust the fuel screw, and pitle around with the engine. And get around to some wiring, connecters and maybe an HID kit.

It is nice to have North Fruita Dessert, RV, and Westwater so close. I am really looking forward to touring around the Swell, and the San Juan's and exploring all the lanscape we are spoiled with here.

Sounds like you've got it sorted out! What year and how many miles on it?

Yep, the places you've named are great... much variation depending on which way you head!
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #623
Ozzie
OZZIE
 
Ozzie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Delta, Co
Oddometer: 104
Spring will be here soon I hope!

Oz
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #624
cycleking650
KLR 650
 
cycleking650's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthealan View Post
New advrider here, living in Fruita. Bought a DR650 this past fall. Been doing the standard mods in the freezing weather (really wish I had a garage!) Looking forward to riding weather and exploring around. This forum has been very helpful and informative. Thanks for putting the effort into reports and reviews.
Welcome to adv i do alot of wrenching on my KLR and i live in fruita as well and if your tired of work on your bike in the cold send me a pm i have some extra space in my garage
cycleking650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #625
Alanthealan
Dirtbag
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Fruita, CO
Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Sounds like you've got it sorted out! What year and how many miles on it?
It's a 2000 with 26,000. I hesitated at first about the mileage, but now I think that's just enough to break a DR motor in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleking650 View Post
Welcome to adv i do alot of wrenching on my KLR and i live in fruita as well and if your tired of work on your bike in the cold send me a pm i have some extra space in my garage
Thanks, that is some hospitality there! When I get set to check the valves I will give you a ring. I can pay shop fees with Tap Room growlers.
Alanthealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #626
cycleking650
KLR 650
 
cycleking650's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Oddometer: 36
Yea any time i know it is working in the cold and it sux
cycleking650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #627
RODBOLT
Stay thirsty!
 
RODBOLT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post


I'm headed to St George in a couple weeks.
Greg,

Can you recommend some good areas around St George?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
RODBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #628
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer
 
Greg@RME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Jct, CO
Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODBOLT View Post
Greg,

Can you recommend some good areas around St George?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wish I could, this will be my first riding trip down there and I have a couple buddies that will be leading the way.

About the best I can do is to say that we'll be riding in the Warner Valley area. - http://www.utahmototrails.com/2012/0...trails-st.html
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #629
RODBOLT
Stay thirsty!
 
RODBOLT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
I wish I could, this will be my first riding trip down there and I have a couple buddies that will be leading the way.

About the best I can do is to say that we'll be riding in the Warner Valley area. - http://www.utahmototrails.com/2012/0...trails-st.html
Thanks anyway. Me and a couple of friends are headed out there end of the month and Warner is where we were thinking of. Let us know how it is!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
RODBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #630
cycleking650
KLR 650
 
cycleking650's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Oddometer: 36
Any places to ride around here with out all the snow. The north junction desert still has alot and if not that its muddy so im tired of not being able to get off the pavement
cycleking650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014