ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #10
Rick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcloer1 View Post
No plan yet. For the Cascade Route, it primarily depends on when Apple Jam is available. I have limited weekends available for a long trip, so if the Cascade Route doesn't work out, I'll likely be looking at one of the other OBDR routes that I can do in 3 days or so. Or possibly tagging along with one of the other inmates who are offering it up as an alternative...

Not sure yet if my wife will be going. Not likely though. Either way...given the ride report AJ listed for his Cascade Route, I expect that I would be doing a one way trip on those tracks. I would then either ride home or have a rig waiting in Sisters to trailer the bike home.

I haven't seen the tracks you mentioned from AJ. I'm game for starting wherever he thinks is best. He rides a hell of a lot more often than I do! :) I'm hoping to get a lot of riding in before this trip so I don't slow folks down too much! I'm beginning to look at gear for the bike and am considering whether or not to leave my home made ammo can panniers behind on this trip in favor of some soft ones...
I like the idea of riding from Portland down to Sisters via dirt. That would be sweet. I am thinking that I may extend it after that and do a week or longer.

Another inmate I know that I've ridden with a few times bought some tracks and maps that I may be getting from him. I'd like to have a few options.

I still don't know if I want to ride with a bunch of people I don't know so I'm still on the fence about that. I'm much faster off road that on and tend to get left behind on pavement. But that was on my 250, 650 may flip that and I may be slow off road also now.

Yeah, it may be better to get soft luggage. I'm planning on getting the Giantloop Coyote bag. That and a duffle bag should be all I want or need.