Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #31
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,149
It looks great it white- congratulations on your new ride- keep us updated on how it works out for you!

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #32
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,706
Yes, would be very interested in it's top speed and how it climbs hills. Of course being 230 pounds, it would not likely do as well for me.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #33
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Yes, would be very interested in it's top speed and how it climbs hills. Of course being 230 pounds, it would not likely do as well for me.
I've only test ridden it so far, but it was happy at 100km/h (around 60mph) for the short run on the Autoroute (freeway) I took - in the rain.

I reckon it will see around 70mph flat out is all - I'd be very surprised if it did more.

It's just over 18hp at 395lbs and I'm around 170lbs (12st.)

I collect it on Wednesday, the run home will give me a better idea. There's a couple of decent sized hills on the way back too.I'll write and let you know after then.
FizzyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #34
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears View Post
It looks great it white- congratulations on your new ride- keep us updated on how it works out for you!
Thanks. And will do.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #35
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
That's more to do with CVT setup then anything else, it can climb hills as
well as any other scoot/motorcycle with the same engine power.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #36
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer

I'll post it on this thread too . . .

As promised . . . UPDATE/FIRST IMPRESSIONS . . .

After my 30km ride home I have to say I'm VERY impressed. By the time the bike had reached operating temperature (5 mins) I was moving it around like a 125 - it really IS that manouvreable.

In fact, I'm so impressed at how well it took the twists and turns that my PCX (125) may get less use (although, I DO think the PCX is a gorgeous little scoot.)

The Burgman 200 fits me perfectly, but I can see 6 foot plus'ers feeling a bit cramped in the seat. My inside seam is only 29"/30" - I'm not a big bloke by any means - so you bigger guys will need to check this out for sure.

I can see it being a real hit with lady riders to be honest - no issues with getting my feet down at stops.

As to the ride - it picks up really nicely and pulls away from the lights or roundabouts really smoothly - the power just rolls in.

The deceleration/engine braking was different to what I expected as the scoot carried on happily rolling despite shutting the throttle off - not a problem, just something I had to adjust for - although I did have to squeeze the brakes the first couple of times. Once I'd figured it, it was fine. Both the PCX (and the Honda Forza I tested) start to slow (engine braking) as the throttle is rolled off - The Burger 200 less so. I also noticed I was taking the 'country lane' bends a bit quicker than on my PCX - which surprised me as I really thought the smaller bike would be quick through the bends - the Burger 200 just feels more stable to me.

Talking of brakes - my bike is effectively a 2013 French model with 'combined' brakes - but not ABS. I pretty much only had to use the back brake and the bike pulled up nice and smoothly with no dramas - same with pulling both (testing a quick stop) - no drama.

Hills: I only weigh 12 stone (170lbs) - so it's difficult for me to 'guess' how it might behave with a big heavy fellah on it - but it just pulled me along/up with no real noticeable difference to the flat. I have to ride through the Monts D'Ambazac (Google them) to get back from the dealership and the road through is windy with some long hills - the bike behaved very well - no effort at all as far as I could discern. Obviously I had to give it more throttle than on the flat but it just kept pulling, no issues.

Top Speed: I found the flattest, straightest bit of road I could - and gave it full throttle - it made (indicated) 115km/h before I ran out of road - I'm guessing it will top out around 120km/h given enough road (like a motorway/freeway) - I'll get back to you on this when I get chance to test properly.

So, given that it was only 30km/20 miles (it really needs a longer run/test) I'm very pleased - it handles like a smaller scooter but feels more 'planted' than a 125 - pretty much exactly what I was after given my (lack of) size and the roads around where I live.

So far, so good.

Couple more pics . . .

Some big Burgers (a 400 and two 650s - all 'Executives') in the dealership and a matt black 125 Burger . . .

Apologies for the not very good (non-flash) 'phone pics.

PS: The screen was just nice (I'm short tho' remember.) Although it 'squeaks' going over bumps.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #37
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
Would like to see pics of the storage with real items I'm it.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #38
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrick View Post
No problem. I'll try and do it tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:53 AM   #39
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 29,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyRascal View Post
I'll post it on this thread too . . .

As promised . . . UPDATE/FIRST IMPRESSIONS . . .

After my 30km ride home I have to say I'm VERY impressed. By the time the bike had reached operating temperature (5 mins) I was moving it around like a 125 - it really IS that manouvreable.

In fact, I'm so impressed at how well it took the twists and turns that my PCX (125) may get less use (although, I DO think the PCX is a gorgeous little scoot.)

The Burgman 200 fits me perfectly, but I can see 6 foot plus'ers feeling a bit cramped in the seat. My inside seam is only 29"/30" - I'm not a big bloke by any means - so you bigger guys will need to check this out for sure.

I can see it being a real hit with lady riders to be honest - no issues with getting my feet down at stops.

As to the ride - it picks up really nicely and pulls away from the lights or roundabouts really smoothly - the power just rolls in.

The deceleration/engine braking was different to what I expected as the scoot carried on happily rolling despite shutting the throttle off - not a problem, just something I had to adjust for - although I did have to squeeze the brakes the first couple of times. Once I'd figured it, it was fine. Both the PCX (and the Honda Forza I tested) start to slow (engine braking) as the throttle is rolled off - The Burger 200 less so. I also noticed I was taking the 'country lane' bends a bit quicker than on my PCX - which surprised me as I really thought the smaller bike would be quick through the bends - the Burger 200 just feels more stable to me.

Talking of brakes - my bike is effectively a 2013 French model with 'combined' brakes - but not ABS. I pretty much only had to use the back brake and the bike pulled up nice and smoothly with no dramas - same with pulling both (testing a quick stop) - no drama.

Hills: I only weigh 12 stone (170lbs) - so it's difficult for me to 'guess' how it might behave with a big heavy fellah on it - but it just pulled me along/up with no real noticeable difference to the flat. I have to ride through the Monts D'Ambazac (Google them) to get back from the dealership and the road through is windy with some long hills - the bike behaved very well - no effort at all as far as I could discern. Obviously I had to give it more throttle than on the flat but it just kept pulling, no issues.

Top Speed: I found the flattest, straightest bit of road I could - and gave it full throttle - it made (indicated) 115km/h before I ran out of road - I'm guessing it will top out around 120km/h given enough road (like a motorway/freeway) - I'll get back to you on this when I get chance to test properly.

So, given that it was only 30km/20 miles (it really needs a longer run/test) I'm very pleased - it handles like a smaller scooter but feels more 'planted' than a 125 - pretty much exactly what I was after given my (lack of) size and the roads around where I live.

So far, so good.

Couple more pics . . .

Some big Burgers (a 400 and two 650s - all 'Executives') in the dealership and a matt black 125 Burger . . .

Apologies for the not very good (non-flash) 'phone pics.

PS: The screen was just nice (I'm short tho' remember.) Although it 'squeaks' going over bumps.

On your top speed run, was that speed measured by the speedo or GPS? Suzuki normally has about an 8-10% speedo error. I opined in one of the other threads that the bike would top out in the mid sixties and that indeed appears to be where it is.
Dranrab Luap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #40
Pilgrim21784
Pilgrim21784

Oddometer: 91
FizzyRascal : Hey FR, many thanks for the info, keep it coming! I'm seriously interested in the 200 ABS as I look for a lighter weight ride than my current SWing here in the states.

My dealer says not to expect availability until around April in the US so your posts are very much appreciated. Interesting about your's being non-ABS but with combined braking, I thought only Honda did that, a major plus to me. The US versions are to include ABS.

We are of similar inseams and weights so I am really looking forward to your performance comments. I'm especially interested in its mid-range/backroads performance (35-50ish MPH range).

PS - what is the valve adjustment schedule?

Ride safe.

Pilgrim21784 screwed with this post 01-09-2014 at 09:48 AM
Pilgrim21784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #41
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer

MOTORWAY/FREEWAY RUN (For anyone who's interested.)

I rode the baby Burger on the Autoroute today to see how it faired. About 15 miles (each way) was all (with a load of twisties at each end) . . .

The scoot was really happy at a steady 110km/h (on the speedo) at around 3/4 (or maybe 5/6) throttle . . . I could have cruised at 115km/h but I personally felt happier at 110.

I tried a few bits at full throttle and it reached just over 120km/h (on the speedo) allowing me to overtake reasonably easy. In fairness, at these speeds I wasn't staring intently at the speedo . . . but it WAS over 120km/h (123ish maybe?)

It felt planted/steady enough and wasn't bouncing around or anything, which I half expected it to. I was very pleasantly surprised.

In fact the only (very slightly) scary moment was when I was passed by a Mercedes Sprinter Van. I was doing 110km/h and he went by like I was stationary - he was really shifting . . . I got a bit of wind wobble/suction as he went by . . . but no real drama . . . like I say (type) - I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't have much experience of motorway riding to be honest, the worst bit for me was the entry/on ramps - cars just seem to pull straight on - either just in front of you or (rather scarily) right behind you - and then 'tailgate' until they can overtake -I spent a fair bit of time looking in my mirrors if I'm honest.

Again, the Burger suits me as I'll do very little motorway riding anyway, but it's nice to know I can should I need to - even if it's only for a few miles/junctions.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #42
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrick View Post
Hi firebrick, I haven't forgotten about this, I'll do my best for tomorrow - if not, at the weekend, dude.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #43
FizzyRascal
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim21784 View Post
I'm especially interested in its mid-range/backroads performance (35-50ish MPH range).
What did you want to know specifically dude?

35mph - 50mph is pretty much the range of the (rural) roads here in France where I live and the bike suits them perfectly. Nippy/manouvreable like a 125 but heavy enough not to 'bounce'/'skit'. It picks up from 20mph to around 55mph effortlessly to be honest - from 55mph upwards (to 70/75) takes that bit longer - but it gets there.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #44
firebrick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Hi firebrick, I haven't forgotten about this, I'll do my best for tomorrow - if not, at the weekend, dude.

Thanks. Hoping to see a huge storage area.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #45
Pilgrim21784
Pilgrim21784

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
What did you want to know specifically dude?

35mph - 50mph is pretty much the range of the (rural) roads here in France where I live and the bike suits them perfectly. Nippy/manouvreable like a 125 but heavy enough not to 'bounce'/'skit'. It picks up from 20mph to around 55mph effortlessly to be honest - from 55mph upwards (to 70/75) takes that bit longer - but it gets there.

Hope this helps.
That covers my question, thanks! Valve service interval?
Pilgrim21784 is offline   Reply With Quote