Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #181
Velvet
Very smooth

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmin View Post
Come to Mexico, buy one and cross back to USA we have both versions in MX, Tenere and Super Tenere

Sent from Mexico using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, importing a vehicle into the US is not that easy, especially a model that has never been sold here. Officials at Yamaha USA just need to stop riding the short bus and get with the program. Here in the US Yamaha has a rather large gap in there enduro lineup that needs to be filled.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand....I would do a 660 Tenere for RTW bike unless there was no chance of mud or sand. If that was the case, the 1200 Tenere would be my choice.
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #182
jaumev
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post

Anyway, back to the subject at hand....I would do a 660 Tenere for RTW bike unless there was no chance of mud or sand. If that was the case, the 1200 Tenere would be my choice.
I had a GSA, then a Super Ten (slightly modified ) and the Super is more versatile.
I changed to the 660 because I do mostly off road trips and sometimes alone. a loaded 1200 is too heavy for me if I don't have friends to help when I stuck.

Yamaha Super Ténéré off road modifications: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797977
jaumev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #183
Velvet
Very smooth

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaumev View Post
I had a GSA, then a Super Ten (slightly modified ) and the Super is more versatile.
I changed to the 660 because I do mostly off road trips and sometimes alone. a loaded 1200 is too heavy for me if I don't have friends to help

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

Being retired when the rest of my riding buddies are working, I tend to ride alone quite a bit. When riding in very remote areas near my home, I'm definitely concerned about getting into a situation where I can't pick up the bike for some reason or get stuck. I do carry a small and very portable hand winch but thats somewhat limited if I'm in an area with nothing to anchor it to. I just picked up a Delorme In-Reach so I'll have communications where there is no mobile signal.
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote