Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #17
Nomadgene
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 22
Cool2

Anchorage, Alaska south to San Francisco and back home. I was a staged out trip. I rode to Seattle, parked the bike in storage end of summer 2010. It needed tires when I parked it. Wife and I flew to Seattle that November. WE got tires at ride west BMW (metzeler tourances) and rode down to San Fran two up along the PCH. It needed brake pads when I parked it.I left it there in storage through the winter at Dudleys Harley Davidson. Flew back down there the following summer (2011), changed brake pads, oil and rode back up to Seattle for some school. I stopped in to see Catfish for some mapping changes and boy did my baby sing after that. I played extensively through Northern California. I spent the summer in Seattle riding around the city commuting to school and sight seeing. Bought a Mille R there 2nd hand. Me and a buddy ferried the bikes back up to Anchorage at the end of my schooling over 5 days hard riding on a scenic tour. Bike didn't skip a beat, neither did the Mille.

I've done multiple long trips on the Caponord. Stellar bike. Don't let people steer you away from them.
Nomadgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #18
ravenranger
rave

Oddometer: 1,521
Haven't done it, yet but, I'm planning to ride the Capo in the 2014 Butt Lite Rally (6 days, 6000 miles).

So far I've added Rox Risers, hiway pegs, changed out the stock rider pegs with KTM off-road pegs (requires a little bit of grinding to fit), LED aux lights, a dash mount cig-plug outlet to run gps and phone charger, heated grips, a gas-cap mount tank bag, and a sheepskin seat cover.

I'm considering retro-fitting HID headlights but haven't pulled the trigger on those yet.

I'm the only Aprilia entered which will make it much easier to be the top placing Aprilia in the Butt Lite!
ravenranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #19
Precis
Maladroit malcontent

Oddometer: 3,596
We did 3000km in 10 days on TWO Capos over Xmas 2011, and about 2700km in 6 days at Xmas 2012: both trips included some light dirt, but I have taken mine into KTM-country with Heidenau K60 tyres.
Wife & daughter on one bike, me & the camping gear on the other: both have panniers, top-boxes and tank bags which were full, centre-stands, handguards & crashbars.
Usual mods: extra charging points for the phones, intercoms, iPods, cameras etc; Catfish maps, Scottoilers, plus my bike (on 67000km now) has HID lights, RallyRaid suspension & bars and Amrish coils.
Usual upgrades: rec-reg (mine has a Mosfet) and metal fuel connects.
Interestingly both our bikes came to us, quite seperately, as "repairable write-offs", so I repaired the minor damage and we've been riding them for three years before realising that the bikes have sequential VINs - meaning that at the end of 2001, they were built within minutes and metres of each other, went their seperate ways - and were reunited under our roof.
Cue 'Twilight Zone' theme.....