ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #27076
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Now that the excitement of Christmas and New Year's is past, and your cubicle farmers are back at work, doesn't it suck to not have anything to look forward to?

I'd like to fill that gap in your life.

How about we plan on a January central Virginia ADV party?...

Post up if you think this is a good idea and you think you could make it.

jeff
Hey Jeff, sounds fun, pretty sure I can make that. Missed the TAT movie at the PM500
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #27077
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Jeff, the party sounds like a good idea. Won't be sure if I can make it until very close because I have a project planner that doesn't share details or consult subject matter experts when putting together plans.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #27078
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,059
Quote:
Now that the excitement of Christmas and New Year's is past, and your cubicle farmers are back at work, doesn't it suck to not have anything to look forward to?

How about we plan on a January central Virginia ADV party?

I am offering to host an ADV party to help get us all thru the winter doldrums.

Location: our 7,000 sq ft luxury warehouse in downtown Petersburg.

Date: a Saturday, and I'd like to suggest the 25th of January.

Time: from 4 pm onward, with floor accommodations offered for those traveling long distances.

Style: Potluck buffet for those who can. Donations accepted for those who can't cook. Teresa and I can lay out a nice spread if necessary.

Cost of admission: Watching my TAT movie from Joe's and my summer trip. But for those who have endured it already (Poor Man's 500 attendees), you can shoot pool and rock out in the next room with no penalty at all.....

Disclaimer: I'd actually prefer if this was a 4-wheel event. No need to compare our manhoods by trying to ride to an event in January where good times and adult beverages are to be had.

Also this would be open to any ADV inmate who wants to come. Charlottesville, VA Beach, Catherders, etc are welcome to come.

What do you think? Any takers? What else are you going to be doing on a Saturday in late January?

jeff
Great idea! Great host! Since you prefer a four wheeled event it makes it easy to leave the bike/girlfriend at home. Around here we call my bike "the Mistress". I, and hopefully the wife as well, should be able to make it. Thanks Jeff!

Today I am out of work and not with the flu. Found a burst pipe in the crawl space last night just before midnight. I woke the wife to tell her so she could plan on going to her mom's to shower and she told me she heard a POP the night before. (Bless her heart) It must have leaked for about 24 hours. Heading to HD to get a sump pump or shop vac now as well as copper elbows, tubing, torch, etc.. (Slow start this morning after waking up with a migraine) The troubling part is that the electricity is out in the same part of the house where the pipe burst, but none of the breakers are tripped. I guess I will kill all of the power before taking a dip.

Guy, good luck with your pre-op and your upcoming procedure. I hope all goes well.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #27079
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,727
Quote:

Time: from 4 pm onward, with floor accommodations offered for those traveling long distances.

Style: Potluck buffet for those who can. Donations accepted for those who can't cook. Teresa and I can lay out a nice spread if necessary.

Cost of admission: Watching my TAT movie from Joe's and my summer trip. But for those who have endured it already (Poor Man's 500 attendees), you can shoot pool and rock out in the next room with no penalty at all.....

Disclaimer: I'd actually prefer if this was a 4-wheel event. No need to compare our manhoods by trying to ride to an event in January where good times and adult beverages are to be had.

Also this would be open to any ADV inmate who wants to come. Charlottesville, VA Beach, Catherders, etc are welcome to come.

What do you think? Any takers? What else are you going to be doing on a Saturday in late January?

jeff
starts at 4pm VCU BB game at noon, yep I'm in me and the wifey can bring some food potlucks are fun

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #27080
freaking RT
will golf for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
EDIT: Actually, I'm out for the RTE. I've been reminded I'm not supposed to eat or drink anything past midnight prior to my pre-op testing at noon on Friday.

Sucks, but that's the way it is.

plus a nasty weather forecast for tomorrow

Old 01-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #27081
freaking RT
will golf for food

got a heated vest from Madstrom, played around with an idea to join it to a BMW plug but, I found a tour master BMW plug for it. $11.99 plus $8 shipping

Morton's has 'em for $18, Looks like a back road ride next week to F-burg

Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #27082
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Jeff, Your ADV party sounds great to me. I plan to attend. Can't wait to see the TAT video.

Guy, Wishing you well with your prelims and procedure.

All, I'm probably out for the RTE tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #27083
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,768
Jeff,

I'd be interested in a gathering at your place. I'd be happy to do a pot luck dish. Venison? Brunswick stew in a crock pot and corn bread? Now that hunting season is over I need to start thinking bikes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #27084
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenflyfarmer View Post
Jeff,

I'd be interested in a gathering at your place. I'd be happy to do a pot luck dish. Venison? Brunswick stew in a crock pot and corn bread? Now that hunting season is over I need to start thinking bikes again.
Karl, we would love to see you again. It has been a long while.

Anything you bring would be wonderful. Venison stew, Brunswick stew, no matter. I'm sure it has been a while since most of us tasted any venison.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #27085
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Jeff,
Put me on the in list for the showing. Saturday is normally date night, but got a pass for this one. I'd be glad to bring some suds or anything else that is needed.

Sent from my mobile Interociter.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #27086
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,280
I may go to the bike show tomorrow and return after dinner. I don't really have a reason to stay overnight unless a few of us get together for a some mojitos and sangria. I can't go Sunday as the weatherman said that it FINALLY may be nice enough to go to the track.
Anybody need anything from Morton's? If I go, I'll make a stop there and will he happy to pick up anything you need (No new R1200GS!) Unfortunately, all of my plans are up in the air as my best friend's dad is hours to days from passing.

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/washington-dc

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 01-10-2014 at 07:25 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #27087
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
I may go to the bike show tomorrow and return after dinner. I don't really have a reason to stay overnight unless a few of us get together for a some mojitos and sangria. I can't go Sunday as the weatherman said that it FINALLY may be nice enough to go to the track.
Anybody need anything from Morton's? If I go, I'll make a stop there and will he happy to pick up anything you need (No new R1200GS!) Unfortunately, all of my plans are up in the air as my best friend's dad hours to days from passing.

So, If I had you pick me up a s1000RR, we'd be fine and I could pay you back later?

I'm not feeling the draw to the bike show this year. Both my bikes are paid for and I don't need to drool over any new ones. From what your saying about your friends dad and wanting to go to the track tomorrow, I'm not really sure why you are trying to go.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #27088
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Jan 25th

Jeff,

Sent you a PM
Old 01-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #27089
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 2,016
Central Virginia ADV dinner and movie night 25 January

This is going to be fun. Only up one day and we've got a dozen RSVPs already! (see list below)

Quote:

jeff
RSVP list so far:

kwn306 and Sue
ddlewis
jgiacobbe maybe
dirtmonkey8 and wife
freaking rt and wife
dirtdoctor
greenflyfarmer
Dr Whipit
1drlust
Guy Young
klim86 and wife and son
B.E. Coyote
moymurfs

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom

Jeff Munn screwed with this post 01-10-2014 at 09:20 PM
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #27090
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,896
You needs this. Not me but you.

Sorry about the sucky picture. The Morton's site is suppose dot have a better picture. You have to see this. I think it is being picked up today. Red powder coated frame and other parts. Part and Anakee 3 tires.

I will be at the show with my son tomorrow. I will be the one sitting on every motorcycle. I am looking for a new helmet so I hope they have a good selection like in past years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Anybody need anything from Morton's? If I go, I'll make a stop there and will he happy to pick up anything you need (No new R1200GS!) Unfortunately, all of my plans are up in the air as my best friend's dad is hours to days from passing.

Wee Strommin along.

biker128pedal screwed with this post 01-10-2014 at 08:20 AM
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote