Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 02:32 AM   #6181
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossie View Post

Just wanted to share a photo of my new ride. Just had to make a couple of changes, the wind screen and LED Lights. Really enjoying this new ride.

I notice you have the TechSpec grip, is this for the 1190 or from another bike. I think the 1190 would suit having this grip and allws you to grip the tank better for comfort..
Old 01-13-2014, 03:01 AM   #6182
Tjeu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearnla View Post
I used to have Pan Euro/ST1100 a while ago. I have to admit. Of being able to remember how comfortable the seat was, but that means it was probably fine! 200 miles (320km) was my limit before needing a break.

What I would say is that the 1190 will be less protective, more in touch with the elements, but WAY more fun to ride than the Pan. If you go for the touring pannier/topbox set you have more luggage space, better handling, similar fuel consumption ( and range) and if you don't find the seats as comfortable, you can alway get the Ergo Seats after you have used the originals.
Tnx for the info.
Fuel consumption would be better, i hope. My Pan usses a whopping 9l/100km which is about 26mpg if i'm not mistaking, so i almost never get 200miles out of one fuel tank...

I will order the ergo seat. I'm not taking the risk that my other half would have a complain. Just hope my legs are long enough (i'm just 1m75, that is 5foot 8 right?)
Tjeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:11 AM   #6183
dragos
Belzebut

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjeu View Post
I will order the ergo seat. I'm not taking the risk that my other half would have a complain. Just hope my legs are long enough (i'm just 1m75, that is 5foot 8 right?)
Ideally you & your significant other would sit on one at a dealer.
The PowerParts seats were getting some good reviews in some threads here, and there are already some other options.
dragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:36 AM   #6184
sloe
n00b

Oddometer: 7
airfilter

Hi Guys,
I've gone and got meself a unifilter kit before I went through the mission of dismantling a whole bike to get to the filter. Now, my airbox, filter, trumpets are spotless and the airbox seems to be sealing really well, or is it just a matter of time before it starts to warp and shit. I've got about 1500 clicks on her but admittely none on dirt as i was scared shitless given all the reports of blown motors.
Is this problem just with some bikes while most of them are fine?

As a side note, I've already had the first service done but I hear that a prefilter was supposed to be installed. True?

Any one else finding the seat to be uncomfortably HOT......
sloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:34 AM   #6185
sloe
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Some pics of airbox

sloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:42 AM   #6186
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossie View Post

Just wanted to share a photo of my new ride. Just had to make a couple of changes, the wind screen and LED Lights. Really enjoying this new ride.
Ossie, which windscreen you running there?
strider.deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:16 AM   #6187
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Tnx for the info.
Fuel consumption would be better, i hope. My Pan usses a whopping 9l/100km which is about 26mpg if i'm not mistaking, so i almost never get 200miles out of one fuel tank...

I see you're from the Ghent area. Both Hautekiet in Ruddervoorde and Desmet in Waregem have a demo 1190. Give one of them a call and take your girl for a ride. If not, I'm willing to take her for a spin on my new 1190 R .
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:53 AM   #6188
Tjeu
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
I see you're from the Ghent area. Both Hautekiet in Ruddervoorde and Desmet in Waregem have a demo 1190. Give one of them a call and take your girl for a ride. If not, I'm willing to take her for a spin on my new 1190 R .
Jups, from Zwijnaarde.
De Smet his 2014 demobike is entering this week (woensdag). Will be taking it for a spin the day after (donderdag). But de missus gotta work... And after the test i'll be signing the contract, which i prefer to do on my own so she doesn't know how much money this bike costs...
Must say it is a very expensive bike!

Did some more reading on 2fast4u and just going for the optional seat. Seem to be a lot better.

Got to keep her happy!

Going for a 2014 with
- Givi 52l trekker topcase
- KTM original panniers + inside bags
- heated grips
- ergo seat
- ergo seat for the buddy
- GPS mounting
- orange crash bars

And if they can provied it :
- wings shortie
- arrow headers without catalysator

Just having doubts about the engine protector thing. Forget the name. A 'carter beschermer' as we would say.

that makes it about a 19.000 euro bike.... fhat the wack...
Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #6189
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Jups, from Zwijnaarde.
De Smet his 2014 demobike is entering this week (woensdag). Will be taking it for a spin the day after (donderdag). But de missus gotta work... And after the test i'll be signing the contract, which i prefer to do on my own so she doesn't know how much money this bike costs...
Must say it is a very expensive bike!

Did some more reading on 2fast4u and just going for the optional seat. Seem to be a lot better.

Got to keep her happy!

Going for a 2014 with
- Givi 52l trekker topcase
- KTM original panniers + inside bags
- heated grips
- ergo seat
- ergo seat for the buddy
- GPS mounting
- orange crash bars

And if they can provied it :
- wings shortie
- arrow headers without catalysator

Just having doubts about the engine protector thing. Forget the name. A 'carter beschermer' as we would say.

that makes it about a 19.000 euro bike.... fhat the wack...
Will they retune your bike for the catless exhaust system?
They won't provide the Wings, you have to buy them directly from Gorazd, send him an email, he's a nice guy. Keep in mind though that the Wings come without an E approval, so they are not legal on public roads. No big deal in Belgium or France, but when you would go to Germany or Swiss, they routinely check for this. That's the reason why I went for the Remus Ti exhaust. I like the Wings better and I've had them on my 990, but I don't like handing my money to the cops. For your information: Remus also does a complete exhaust system without catalysator.
Something else: consider the GPS mounting from Touratech over the KTM one, it is more stable. Also, the KTM panniers don't have a good reputation around here. I don't have them, so don't know myself, but they are reported to be poorly built and not waterproof. Also, in my opinion, topcases are overrated. Get a nice rack and a rollbag.
If you're planning to stick to asphalt roads, no real need for the carter protection. If you would do some offroad, I would recommend it as the front header pipe is completely exposed to impact from rocks.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #6190
Tjeu
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Will they retune your bike for the catless exhaust system?
They won't provide the Wings, you have to buy them directly from Gorazd, send him an email, he's a nice guy. Keep in mind though that the Wings come without an E approval, so they are not legal on public roads. No big deal in Belgium or France, but when you would go to Germany or Swiss, they routinely check for this. That's the reason why I went for the Remus Ti exhaust. I like the Wings better and I've had them on my 990, but I don't like handing my money to the cops. For your information: Remus also does a complete exhaust system without catalysator.
Something else: consider the GPS mounting from Touratech over the KTM one, it is more stable. Also, the KTM panniers don't have a good reputation around here. I don't have them, so don't know myself, but they are reported to be poorly built and not waterproof. Also, in my opinion, topcases are overrated. Get a nice rack and a rollbag.
If you're planning to stick to asphalt roads, no real need for the carter protection. If you would do some offroad, I would recommend it as the front header pipe is completely exposed to impact from rocks.
I asked them about the need for a remap with the Arrow system. No reply yet.

Allready mailed with the Wing guy's 620 euro incl delivery. Nice price i think! Don't do a lot of driving in Germany, but i don't expect any problems with db-killer in it. My current bik (the Pan St1100) has open Laser Hotcams on them and i never had problems with them, altough they go over 99 dB.

Tnx for the GPS tip! Will check it out!!!!

I know about the reputation of the KTM panniers. But they still offer the most space for a minimum of width... And with the traffic here in Belgium, that is important.

Topcase will only be just for trips 2 up, so we can storage our gear en both helmets in the bike. I don't have the intention (yet) to stuff it up with luggage.

Not planning on much offroading for the moment. Would like to experience it, but have no idea where to go in this concrete country....

Have you heard anyting about special conditions for the brussels autoshow?

Tjeu screwed with this post 01-13-2014 at 06:51 AM
Old 01-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #6191
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I asked them about the need for a remap with the Arrow system. No reply yet.

Allready mailed with the Wing guy's 620 euro incl delivery. Nice price i think! Don't do a lot of driving in Germany, but i don't expect any problems with db-killer in it. My current bik (the Pan St1100) has open Laser Hotcams on them and i never had problems with them, altough they go over 99 dB.

Tnx for the GPS tip! Will check it out!!!!

I know about the reputation of the KTM panniers. But they still offer the most space for a minimum of width... And with the traffic here in Belgium, that is important.

Topcase will only be just for trips 2 up, so we can storage our gear en both helmets in the bike. I don't have the intention (yet) to stuff it up with luggage.

Not planning on much offroading for the moment. Would like to experience it, but have no idea where to go in this concrete country....

Have you heard anyting about special conditions for the brussels autoshow?
For the offroading, have a look at the website of Endurofun. They offer schooling and organise rides. It's not close though. You can do quite some stuff around here in the "Vlaamse Ardennen".

There are no special conditions for the Autoshow, KTM never offers them, figure their bikes sell regardless. I managed to get myself the last 2013 R they had in stock and got a nice discount on it. Ktm does offer the 2013 with a free MSC update. As the 2014 model is more expensive, it might be worth ordering a 2013. If you're worrying about the airbox: don't. Either get the Uni filter or update the airbox with the new 2014 parts (estimated cost about 60 euro).
We should go for a ride some time, I'm from Wetteren .
Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #6192
Tjeu
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
For the offroading, have a look at the website of Endurofun. They offer schooling and organise rides. It's not close though. You can do quite some stuff around here in the "Vlaamse Ardennen".

There are no special conditions for the Autoshow, KTM never offers them, figure their bikes sell regardless. I managed to get myself the last 2013 R they had in stock and got a nice discount on it. Ktm does offer the 2013 with a free MSC update. As the 2014 model is more expensive, it might be worth ordering a 2013. If you're worrying about the airbox: don't. Either get the Uni filter or update the airbox with the new 2014 parts (estimated cost about 60 euro).
We should go for a ride some time, I'm from Wetteren .
Allé jong, from Wetteren :) My 'normal' dealer is close to Wetteren, Mototech in Schellebelle. And my car-garage is also in Wetteren (Neckebroek?) since he is one of the only dealers who know something about the MR2 (spider).

Where did you buy yours?

I was going to buy the 2013 model (only one more in stock), but after all the horror regarding the airbox, i've choosen to go for the 2014 model. It does cost an extra 1000 painfull euro's...

But if i'm not mistaking, it's more then just the airfilter. There is also something with some fuel tubes, a difference on the springs (although i can't find any information regarding that) and the side stand.

Does anyone have a list with all the differences between the 2013 and 2014 models?
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #6193
Master
Gnarly Adventurer

Got mine from Hautekiet.
Yes, I go to Mototech also when I need something done I can't do myself. We also organised some technical days over there with the LC8 forum (forum.lc8.nl, also a lot of Belgian riders over there). Nice guys.
I don't know about the fuel tubes or springs, but they seem easy to fix. As for the sidestand, there is an official recall for that, along with 3 other things I don't remember (maybe fuel lines and springs??). I think KTM keeps on top of things with their recalls, and don't forget you have a warranty. If something goes wrong after all, it will get replaced for free.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #6194
Jensdccom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Haha, Tjeu you are on this forum as well. I'm getting my motorcycle on Wednesday (normally).

I'm getting the aluminum KTM panniers. They are just normal Touratechs with a KTM sticker on them. They have a pretty good reputation. I don't know which panniers you are interested in. The plastic ones? I was planning on buying those until I saw them in real life. They just don't look as nice as I thought they would look.

I don't even have the bike yet and the misses is already nagging that she wants to tour with it (2 up). She will have to wait till the first 1000 km are done. Planning on doing some tours to be at the 1000 km mark fast :).

Oudenaarde here btw ;)

I thought Master was from Bruges but it seems I got that one wrong :p
Jensdccom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #6195
Tjeu
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensdccom View Post
Haha, Tjeu you are on this forum as well. I'm getting my motorcycle on Wednesday (normally).

I'm getting the aluminum KTM panniers. They are just normal Touratechs with a KTM sticker on them. They have a pretty good reputation. I don't know which panniers you are interested in. The plastic ones? I was planning on buying those until I saw them in real life. They just don't look as nice as I thought they would look.

I don't even have the bike yet and the misses is already nagging that she wants to tour with it (2 up). She will have to wait till the first 1000 km are done. Planning on doing some tours to be at the 1000 km mark fast :).

Oudenaarde here btw ;)

I thought Master was from Bruges but it seems I got that one wrong :p
I know the 'plastic' KTM ones are rubish, but -although not proven yet- it seem to be the best width/volume deal for the moment. The panniers will be on the bike a lot. I'll use the bike to visit costumers and to transport materials to my collegues on construction sites.
So i need a big volume and they can't be to wide for in traffic jams.

Also, when visiting costumers, i must be able to put my helmet in the panniers. With the plastic ones, thats possible. Don't know if it is possible with the touratech cases aswel?