Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #421
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent tex View Post
Hey CBV how do I buy copies of this amazing movie???
Hi Brent:

Just head over http://dreamracer.tv

If you order it in the next 3 hours it will go out in the today's mail.

Thanks!
Watch the trailer at www.dreamracer.tv
Join Dream Racer on Facebook - Spread the word fellows
CBVRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #422
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,770
just ordered mine.

I am so glad you and Simon pulled this off. But then again, for anyone who can finish Dakar in the shape you were in, what's completing a film?

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #423
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC950 View Post
just ordered mine.

I am so glad you and Simon pulled this off. But then again, for anyone who can finish Dakar in the shape you were in, what's completing a film?
Thanks!

The film was a long grinding process, from 300hrs of footage to be classified, down to a 10hr version of Dream Racer (I was happy with that ;)

Then it went to a 3hr version and every bit of chopping off was hard as everything was good. May be one day we will have that special 'Marathon' Edition

Down to 93 minutes, then the music had to be composed from scratch, and finally the translations before all the various 'mastering processes.'

Now it's in the box, finally and 'allllllllll' I need to do is spread the word out.

Here are a few more testimonials received:

"watching you again on discovery world. i think the 5th time this month. Really great. From Malta Europe."

"received the film a couple of days ago and finished it last night...snd if course for me it is the best period to watch it with the Dakar currently underway... what can I say.. simply a brilliant and motivating film.. well done to all the team."

"Loved it! got a little emotional watching you leave the start (reminded me of watching my husband head off in the Aus Safari & the emotions then) & then coming in at the end. It was a great insight to what goes into it all.. mentally, financially & logistically. It was also good to see what Simon went through, could understand that too, having organised a lot for the Safari & the feeling of constant nagging lol Well done guys."

"Salut Christophe, je viens de regarder le blue ray .... pfff !!! Simplement fantastique ! J'avais l'impression de revivre le Dakar avec ma 660 ! Franchement, c'est le meilleur film sur le Dakar que j'ai jamais vu !! Un énorme bravo à Simon et à toi pour ce travail de qualité. C'est vraiment l'esprit du Dakar, ce qui fait ma passion et a nourri tous mes rêves pendant des années."

"Saludos desde CHILE!!! Great Film!!!"

"This is the best film ever! It should be shown on TV, rather than those reality rubbish shows! This shows the true character of the human spirit!"
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #424
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

How is everyone keeping up with the Dakar so far?

Here are a few words about the 'making of' Dream Racer...
The film was a long grinding process, from 300hrs of footage to be classified, down to a 10hr version of Dream Racer (I was happy with that ;)

Then it went to a 3hr version and every bit of chopping off was hard as everything was good. May be one day we will have that special 'Marathon' Edition

Down to 93 minutes, then the music had to be composed from scratch, and finally the translations before all the various 'mastering processes.'

Now it's in the box, finally and 'allllllllll' I need to do is spread the word out.

Here are a few more testimonials received:

"watching you again on discovery world. i think the 5th time this month. Really great. From Malta Europe."

"received the film a couple of days ago and finished it last night...snd if course for me it is the best period to watch it with the Dakar currently underway... what can I say.. simply a brilliant and motivating film.. well done to all the team."

"Loved it! got a little emotional watching you leave the start (reminded me of watching my husband head off in the Aus Safari & the emotions then) & then coming in at the end. It was a great insight to what goes into it all.. mentally, financially & logistically. It was also good to see what Simon went through, could understand that too, having organised a lot for the Safari & the feeling of constant nagging lol Well done guys."

"Salut Christophe, je viens de regarder le blue ray .... pfff !!! Simplement fantastique ! J'avais l'impression de revivre le Dakar avec ma 660 ! Franchement, c'est le meilleur film sur le Dakar que j'ai jamais vu !! Un énorme bravo à Simon et à toi pour ce travail de qualité. C'est vraiment l'esprit du Dakar, ce qui fait ma passion et a nourri tous mes rêves pendant des années."

"Saludos desde CHILE!!! Great Film!!!"

"This is the best film ever! It should be shown on TV, rather than those reality rubbish shows! This shows the true character of the human spirit!"
Old 01-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #425
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBVRacing View Post

G'day Christophe, I watched the DVD again on the weekend with the Mrs. fantastic film indeed (I did see it at the Norwood Cinemas in SA late 2013)..

Agree 100% with the above comment, I cannot understand why SBS wont show it on TV ?
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #426
advrockrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Awesome!!!!

Got mine a few weeks ago and have watched it several times!!! This one has a spot on the shelf with dust to glory!!!! Love to see a couple of regular guys put it all on the line and come out on top... Wonderful movie, a must see and own..
advrockrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #427
mike61
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Bought the "Dreamracer " DVD and the parts that included Christophe and his Dakar challange were great.

The camera mans life story I didn't pay for and wasn't interested in so I just fast forwarded those bits.
mike61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #428
D.Sanchez
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
received mine a few weeks ago. Saw it first on a flight to australia.

Great movie, great emotions.

Watched it with my girlfriend. She changed her mind from "baah, just motorcycle bulls***" through "well, its not too bad" to "WHAAAAT?? You can't press pause now!!!".

thumbs up!! :)
D.Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:17 AM   #429
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,857
Got to watch my copy.

It's not only about Dakar or Dakar preparation, it's also a road movie and a good human story. Really Great!Thank you very much for putting this together.

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #430
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,770
I sat the entire family down last night to watch it, including my 15 year old son who whined "I don't want to watch a documentary". I didn't tell him what it was about and he laid on the floor looking at his arm. Soon enough he was propped up watching the whole thing. I think its put his sore back from running track in perspective. All of us really enjoyed it.

My wife's comment this morning was she wished it had been longer, maybe the whole 3 hours I told her you wanted or even two parts. She is a serious move aficionado so I consider that high praise.

Thanks and hopefully you and Simon will make some money off of it. And if its ever made, you already have one sale for the long version.

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #431
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Thanks for the feedback.

Love the comment from D. Sanchez's girlfriend ""WHAAAAT?? You can't press pause now!!!"

DC950, thanks for your comment, it shows that you do not have to be a motorcycle rider to appreciate Dream Racer.

Once we pass the "there is no brad pitt in it" reaction, it should sell more easily, word of mouth is what I am hoping for but it will take a little more time than a BIG Hollywood Hit here it is. Please don't hesitate to refer Dream Racer to friends.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #432
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
BTW I got mine, thanks again Christophe. Great movie actually. I feel for your cameraman, though, it looked like he went through hell.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #433
zookster
Chupacabra

Oddometer: 669
Got mine a month or so ago, great movie.

And yeah, put me down for a copy of the 3hr version should it come available!
Old 03-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #434
advrockrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Yep, I could watch a three hour version, no problem..
advrockrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #435
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Hey Guys,

Before we head down the 3-hr version, there is likely the Audio sound track that will be released along with some shirts and/or t-shirts.

Any takers?

Also, any marketing gurus out there to offer insights on pushing DREAM RACER in the big wide world?

Thanks