Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #721
r77toy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
What lamps do you use in the EXTREME LED RACE LIGHT?
Are they available separately?
r77toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #722
ChrisK7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Is it possible to wire these in so that they come on only with the high beam on? If so, what harness set up would you need. I am thinking on a street bike this may be the wise way to go. Run the high beams and Long range lights in the day time and have them available at night when conditions are such that you can use it. Thanks.

Or, what are others doing that have these on street ridden motorcycles?
I set mine up that way. I just used the regular standard wire harness with the switch.
I wired the switch to the blue wire (high beam lead) behind the headlight.
This way I can run the headlights by themselves or flip the switch and now the LED aux lights come on with the high beams only so when I'm on a road with traffic I don't have to hit two switches to dim all the lights, just the regular low beam light switch.
There is quite a bit of wire in the harness so I shortened a few of the wires to clean up the installation under the tank.

There is a little pocket of room on the right side of the frame between the frame and the airbox that I put the relay. I put the fuse under the seat for easy access if needed. I believe there is another fuse near the switch which I located next to the 12v outlet on the left side of the dash. Underneath that outlet there is an access hole which allows you to get to the aux power wires and the fuse for the switch without tearing apart any body panels.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #723
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldF7Guy View Post
Is it possible to wire these in so that they come on only with the high beam on? If so, what harness set up would you need. I am thinking on a street bike this may be the wise way to go. Run the high beams and Long range lights in the day time and have them available at night when conditions are such that you can use it. Thanks.

Or, what are others doing that have these on street ridden motorcycles?
Most of the Long Range lights are on street bikes.
Its very easy to have them operate with the high beams, basically just run the trigger wire into the high beam and your golden. If you want dimming you can also do this and have them come to full brightens with the high beams and dimmed while in the low beam setting
If you don't require dimming and want them to only come on when the high beams are on order the standard harness, just cut the wire with the included toggle switch and run that to your high beam.
If you want dimming and don't need the lights to turn all the way off,order the skene kit without the handle bar mounted switch.
Thank You!
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #724
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
I set mine up that way. I just used the regular standard wire harness with the switch.
I wired the switch to the blue wire (high beam lead) behind the headlight.
This way I can run the headlights by themselves or flip the switch and now the LED aux lights come on with the high beams only so when I'm on a road with traffic I don't have to hit two switches to dim all the lights, just the regular low beam light switch.
There is quite a bit of wire in the harness so I shortened a few of the wires to clean up the installation under the tank.

There is a little pocket of room on the right side of the frame between the frame and the airbox that I put the relay. I put the fuse under the seat for easy access if needed. I believe there is another fuse near the switch which I located next to the 12v outlet on the left side of the dash. Underneath that outlet there is an access hole which allows you to get to the aux power wires and the fuse for the switch without tearing apart any body panels.

Thanks for posting
For those that go with the skene dimmer package there are no relays, just the small skene dimmer box. and much less wire.
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #725
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r77toy View Post
What lamps do you use in the EXTREME LED RACE LIGHT?
Are they available separately?
They are the Long Range Extremes shown in photos back a page or two in this thread.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Long-Range-Extreme-LED-Light_p_61.html
Thank You!!
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #726
r77toy
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanx, those are what I need.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:32 AM   #727
r77toy
Gnarly Adventurer

What is the actual diameter at the largest point?
Old 01-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #728
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r77toy View Post
What is the actual diameter at the largest point?
4.65 inches Dia. is the widest point at the face of the light.
Thank You
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-23-2014, 05:02 AM   #729
mjtir
n00b

Oddometer: 3
volume control knob ?

Hello ,

Just checking ...

Is there any volume control knob that you can provide with Long Range Extreme instead of skene dimmer?

It suits my needs better .
mjtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #730
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtir View Post
Hello ,

Just checking ...

Is there any volume control knob that you can provide with Long Range Extreme instead of skene dimmer?

It suits my needs better .
We do have a dimmer with a control knob, usually that is hidden behind fairings etc and pre set to the dimming level you chose then operated via handle bar switches, we have moved entirely to the Skene dimmer due to its convenience for the rider, Customizable configurations, Physical size,lack of need for relays, with less wiring required and reliability.

Im happy to set you up with the control knob style but we have removed it from the site.
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #731
mjtir
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
We do have a dimmer with a control knob, usually that is hidden behind fairings etc and pre set to the dimming level you chose then operated via handle bar switches, we have moved entirely to the Skene dimmer due to its convenience for the rider, Customizable configurations, Physical size,lack of need for relays, with less wiring required and reliability.

Im happy to set you up with the control knob style but we have removed it from the site.
That's great news.

You see i want to replace my aux halogen lights and since all cables are in place ,i do not want to mess again with them.

Nevertheless i'll check again skene's dimmer to figure out how it could take place in existing implementation.
mjtir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #732
Ned Kelly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I'd like to compliment you on the lighting pics (with the cones, pickup, and gate) that you have done. These objects give us a nice known reference size at distance so we can make a good judgement on the light performance. Not sure if it was intentional, but it was EXCELLENT that you used a black pickup truck! That really gives us a good indicator how powerful these 25w lights are (post #703 in this thread). A white pickup would have been easy to see, but it takes a lot of light to make a black pickup become identifiable in pitch black environment at 600ft. Excellent demonstration in real world terms! Thank you!
Ned Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #733
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"

Oddometer: 7,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road Ryder View Post
I absolutely love these lights. one light can be configured in several different beam patterns and colors via the replaceable polycarbonate filters that snap on the front of the light. A rider can mix and match to truly tune their lighting for any condition.

The longest distance LED aux light in existence, built tough to last.
Dimmable with the skene dimmer.

Team Heavyweights all ran these at the 24hr and had the best lighting at the event.

The cones in these photos are at 100 ft intervals with the truck parked at 600 ft and the gate slightly more than 900 ft.

Here are the Long Range Extreme with no filters

The Extreme LEDs with the Amber spot filters

The Same Extreme LED lights with the clear flood filters installed
Ok I'm confused
Are these the 10 watt or the 25 watt?

Heading home tonite from Alaska, so hopefully I'll have mine mounted in a few days

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #734
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtir View Post
That's great news.

You see i want to replace my aux halogen lights and since all cables are in place ,i do not want to mess again with them.

Nevertheless i'll check again skene's dimmer to figure out how it could take place in existing implementation.
Do you currently have a dimmer setup? Other than possibly the dimmer the Long Range lights will be adaptable into your existing halogen wire harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
I'd like to compliment you on the lighting pics (with the cones, pickup, and gate) that you have done. These objects give us a nice known reference size at distance so we can make a good judgement on the light performance. Not sure if it was intentional, but it was EXCELLENT that you used a black pickup truck! That really gives us a good indicator how powerful these 25w lights are (post #703 in this thread). A white pickup would have been easy to see, but it takes a lot of light to make a black pickup become identifiable in pitch black environment at 600ft. Excellent demonstration in real world terms! Thank you!
Thank you Ned. Im learning. Thanks to all you ADV members and your great sugestions
1-800-624-0278
Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #735
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak View Post
Ok I'm confused
Are these the 10 watt or the 25 watt?

Heading home tonite from Alaska, so hopefully I'll have mine mounted in a few days

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
The Long Range Extreme lights are a single emitter 25 watt light.
Thank You!!!
1-800-624-0278