Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #151
Doctor
Keyboard Renagade

Oddometer: 7,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
Thats a nice gesture, Let me know, I'd be happy to hire it off you if you plan on not using it, We are struggling with getting the 700 build together, I have booked in for A/L for a week and will be hitting the 700 build hard to try and get it alot closer.
Being Juniors first try and being such a big expense, it would be good to get a lend of someones.
Keep in touch please.
Cheers Fogo...
if Jnr fecks it then ya own it, not sayin he will

just sayin
Old 01-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #152
michael1968
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by enookway View Post
MA License application sent. Apparently they take a while. Can I still submit an entry before my license arrives?
Yeah, they'll accept your entry without your licence number, just put TBA on the entry form and maybe send them an email about it. I did that a couple of years ago, they'll need the number before you race obviously.
michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #153
nry OP
Stubborn prick !

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme 2 View Post
Love to go for a second time , should be a lot easier on the noggin this time around. It really is a top event. if i dont go i'll be up for lending my nav gear out for anyone who can't afford to buy it.
Why wouldn't you be there ? Not healing ?
nry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #154
sidecarxer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
It seems to me we could use a few more of theses events here in Oz.
It makes me wonder why there's not. Obviously there is a fair bit involved to get one up and running but having set up a few "night run" car club events it's not exactly rocket science.
Can someone from the organisers let me know some more ins & outs please.
With Rod Faggoter and co. from up here and Dalby Moto being a major force out that way I reckon we could get it to happen.
sidecarxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #155
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarxer View Post
It makes me wonder why there's not. Obviously there is a fair bit involved to get one up and running but having set up a few "night run" car club events it's not exactly rocket science.
With Rod Faggoter and co. from up here and Dalby Moto being a major force out that way I reckon we could get it to happen.
volunteer's make it all happen, people are just too busy in their own lives these days.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #156
sidecarxer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
volunteer's make it all happen, people are just too busy in their own lives these days.
Too true. Without volunteers in our sports, not much happens at all.
sidecarxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #157
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarxer View Post
For a 2 day cross country rally like Condo you need about $35k-$50k minimum budget to run it and even thats bare bones, the entry fees do not cover the costs so sponsorship is essential and VERY hard to get

after that yes around 30-40+ or so volunteers are then needed to run the actual event

also a fully committed core management team of about 6 people willing to put the effort in over 12 months to make it all happen

in a nutshell why there are not more Condo type events

time + money - enough competitors = low viability of event
Old 01-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #158
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 1,882
Gazz look at Condo it's growing every year in factor they have a reserve list
So there is a demand and ppl are willing I know my club is willing if a few clubs got together and made an Aust series each club take care of there state ,I just have to finishing mapping my I have over 550km on first day and 600 for second all in Vic hi country ranging from easy ridge tracks to gnarly accents with 200 km SS

Being a Nav rally only SS need to be closed course the route I have chosen has minimal road closures.

I found the riding in Condo easy flat and kinda boring the only challenge was hand scrolling my shitty touratech road book at 145 kph since upgraded to MD
Over all the every was awesome and I loved it but I,m sure the only DNFs are mechanical and the odd crash , have an event that is hard enough for ppl
Not to finish because it is demanding on the body , the route I have will have ppl quit not because it's super hard & technical it just demanding and long , I've ridern all the tracks on my old 950 so I know it possible on big bikes not only that some of the most spectacular hi country ridges you can ride on
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #159
tprtel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
So there is a demand and ppl are willing I know my club is willing if a few clubs got together and made an Aust series each club take care of there state ,I just have to finishing mapping my I have over 550km on first day and 600 for second all in Vic hi country ranging from easy ridge tracks to gnarly accents with 200 km SS

Being a Nav rally only SS need to be closed course the route I have chosen has minimal road closures.

I found the riding in Condo easy flat and kinda boring the only challenge was hand scrolling my shitty touratech road book at 145 kph since upgraded to MD
Over all the every was awesome and I loved it but I,m sure the only DNFs are mechanical and the odd crash , have an event that is hard enough for ppl
Not to finish because it is demanding on the body , the route I have will have ppl quit not because it's super hard & technical it just demanding and long , I've ridern all the tracks on my old 950 so I know it possible on big bikes not only that some of the most spectacular hi country ridges you can ride on

Yes, bits of Condo might be flat and the odd fence line a little boring, but if the event became super hard then people will not enter or if they do dnf early, they usually pack up and head home there and then, so the local community doesn't benefit a great deal, and in return they wont support in the event in the future

Perhaps if Brent's rally at Broken Hill got opened up to bikes that would be a good starting point, although, it might be a bit too open and boring for some people up there, but the basics of an event exists up there already. Would be something worth investigating maybe.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #160
tprtel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Our Condo prep for the sidecar is under control. The missus is keen so that is a good start too.

Engine is off being rebuilt after last years season. Our larger fuel tank is also on its way over. Fingers crossed it fits easily enough. New tyres and Mousses will be ordered during the week. All the nav gear has been mocked up and ready to be fitted. Not long now
Old 01-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #161
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprtel View Post
Perhaps if Brent's rally at Broken Hill got opened up to bikes that would be a good starting point, although, it might be a bit too open and boring for some people up there, but the basics of an event exists up there already. Would be something worth investigating maybe.
yeah having it MA for bikes would be the easiest way to get another event on the calendar, but I have been told its very open & fast, too much even for SXS, so bikes maybe not so suited either, the 4x4's often hit 200kph
Old 01-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #162
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:

The idea of a rally in high country would appeal to a lot of people - racers and spectators - including people who want to stay and ride the course after the rally is finished ...

With Condo already running well, I don't think another rally at Broken Hill would add much ...

Technical difficulty is unlikely to be a barrier to most people contemplating a rally - as long as it doesn't turn into Erzberg ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #163
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
The idea of a rally in high country would appeal to a lot of people - racers and spectators - including people who want to stay and ride the course after the rally is finished ...

With Condo already running well, I don't think another rally at Broken Hill would add much ...

Technical difficulty is unlikely to be a barrier to most people contemplating a rally - as long as it doesn't turn into Erzberg ...
I have ridern all the tracks on my old 950 or my 690 , no they are not easy but doable on a big bike I will ride the first day in a couple of weeks to see if it can be done in a day , but an Oz series of two day rally's would freakin Awesome

With a hi country rally I'd utilise spot tracker for checking way points and unmanned check points
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #164
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:

I have ridern all the tracks on my old 950 or my 690 , no they are not easy but doable on a big bike I will ride the first day in a couple of weeks to see if it can be done in a day , but an Oz series of two day rally's would freakin Awesome

With a hi country rally I'd utilise spot tracker for checking way points and unmanned check points
I reckon it's a great idea ...

We've got some desert races and dry-country flat-out-fast rallies, but a long-distance event in the high country would call for a different style of riding - and probably some different riders also ...

Be really good to hear how you get on with the track recce ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:04 AM   #165
nry OP
Stubborn prick !

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:

Sounds interesting I'd be up for it.
nry is offline   Reply With Quote