Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 AM   #46
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff Tunica View Post
Eric,
Thanks for such a positive evaluation of our Moto-Skiveez! I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. We launched our product last October. The current offering I think of as version 1.0. Like any new product there will always be additional models and upgraded versions. I have a couple of Motocross riders wearing Moto-Skiveez that also would like more of a calf length garment. This is something that we are considering, along with an entire product extension that would be targeted more for competition. The competition line would have more of a bias towards compression and performance and less focus on comfort.

Thanks again for your input and I'll make sure to get in touch with you if and when we do some prototype testing on a longer version.

Also if you are in Death Valley next weekend, 24-27, I have a friend that will be testing his Moto-Skiveez for first time while riding DV. He will be two up with his wife on a blue 2005 BMW R1200GS. Grey Happy Trails panniers, oversize touring windscreen and big 'ol LightForce fog lights. His name is Dr. Brian Brzowski. 50ish with a shaved head and trimmed full beard. If by chance you cross paths tell him hello. He would freak if you came up and asked "Are you the great Dr. Brzowski?" Totally freak his brain. Just a little ADV humor. You never know it's a small world.

Thanks again for your input on Moto-skiveez!
And if I told him I was here for my appointment!! Wait, what kind of Dr. is he?? Even funnier if he was a Lady Dr.! We won't hit DV until Feb. 1st.

Thanks for your reply Tuff! It is truly a pleasure to buy from a company that really cares about its customers!

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #47
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
And if I told him I was here for my appointment!! Wait, what kind of Dr. is he?? Even funnier if he was a Lady Dr.! We won't hit DV until Feb. 1st.

Thanks for your reply Tuff! It is truly a pleasure to buy from a company that really cares about its customers!
My pleasure. Just FYI Dr. Brzowski is a plastic surgeon. And funny enough his wife, Dr. Brzowski also, is a pediatrician. Believe it or not both will be trying some Moto-Skiveez for this ride. I'm getting feedback from the lady riders.

Top of our list for next model is a style specific for the other gender.

Best wishes for a great ride!
Tuff Tunica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #48
AKjitsu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Tried the Moto-Skivees on a quick 330 mile jaunt today. By the authority vested in me as a certified public accountant, I hereby declare them to be cool beans. Can’t say anything about how they deal with heat and sweat as it was pretty temperate today: 45 F to start and finished about 78 F. But the materials and padding are sheer genius. No matter the seat (Corbin, Sargent, Russel, custom) after about four hours the points on my butt bones begin to hurt and I am accustomed to standing up on the pegs every twenty minutes or so to let things settle down. Not today though. As I was rolling the bike back into the garage I realized that I hadn’t been inclined to stand up all day. And I hadn’t realized how much discomfort was being caused by ordinary underwear sliding around on my skin. The Moto-Skivvies stay tight on your bod and any sliding takes place between the undies and the pants liner. Oh, and the junk stays well organized; rather than getting into places we’d all rather it weren’t.

I got to meet Tuff Tunica at the Phoenix bike show this weekend. I gotta tell ya; the guy is a TRUE BELIEVER. He clearly loves his product and loves making it as good as humanly possible.
AKjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #49
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Thanks so much for the endorsement!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #50
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
I'm a big fan of Exofficio but I may have to give these a try.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #51
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer: 2,872
One big problem with bicycle shorts is if you rinse them out, the pad takes forever to dry. How about the Moto-Skiveez? They may resist odor but are they quick dry after washing? Will one pair suffice for a multi-day/week ride?

Dave
Old 01-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #52
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StmbtDave View Post
One big problem with bicycle shorts is if you rinse them out, the pad takes forever to dry. How about the Moto-Skiveez? They may resist odor but are they quick dry after washing? Will one pair suffice for a multi-day/week ride?

Dave
Dave, I get this question a lot. This is more of an environmental issue than a materials issue. I say that because if you are in Arizona, Nevada or Utah in the middle of summer, due to the low humidity in these states, your Moto-Skiveez should dry no problem. But perhaps in the south or say another very humid climate, they may not.

If you go to our website blog, http://motoskiveez.com/blog/ there is a picture of someone (name withheld) that wore Moto-Skiveez while riding in Maui. He passed a pool with a waterfall and could not resist taking a quick dip. Since he had no swim trunks he just swam in his Moto-Skiveez. Not wanting to get naked with strangers around to wring them out, he then put his riding clothes back on and continued to ride another 4 hours with his Skiveez completely saturated. He reported back that he had absolutely no irritation even with his Skiveez completely wet.

Now I would never claim or guarantee that our product is intended to be used completely wet, however I do think that because of the materials we use, even a certain amount of moisture in the pad will not negatively affect their performance.

Again our patent pending pads are composed of five different materials in each style. The materials are of the highest quality taken directly from the same technology that goes into the cycling pads for professional cyclists like Lance Armstrong. These cyclists must train and compete several hours every day under every condition. They will very often ride in pouring rain. The same materials and designs that prevent their butts from becoming sore are used in Moto-Skiveez.

Kind of a long answer to your question, but I hope that adds a little insight.

Tuff Tunica screwed with this post 01-29-2014 at 09:13 AM
Old 01-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #53
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Quote:
Dave, I get this question a lot...

Kind of a long answer to your question, but I hope that adds a little insight.
Thanks, order on the way. ADV code for the hat gets "coupon does not exist". Not set up yet?

Dave
Old 01-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #54
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Thanks, order on the way. ADV code for the hat gets "coupon does not exist". Not set up yet?

Dave
Damn!!! Let me check. Should be in there. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:13 PM   #55
Tuff Tunica
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Damn!!! Let me check. Should be in there. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Coupon should be in and functioning. You must add the Tri Fold Hat to your order, then use the coupon code "ADV." A discount equal to the price of the hat will then be applied at check out.

Let me know if there are any other problems. So sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #56
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
Okay, I just ordered a pair. Still a few months before the snow clears enough to ride, but I'll report back once I try them.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #57
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,017
A pair of adventure on their way to Canuckstan! More specifically to the Republik of Quebec!

I won't be able to try them soon though...
Old 01-29-2014, 03:21 PM   #58
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
In!

Sure hope they can make the seat on my F800GS more tolerable, it is the most uncomfortable seat I've ever experienced...and I'm on my third different seat trying to get one that I can sit on all day, hasn't happened yet. Maybe these moto-skiveez will be just the ticket.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #59
StmbtDave
AKA Invisible Dave

Quote:
Thanks, order on the way..

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
... Still a few months before the snow clears enough to ride, but I'll report back once I try them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster View Post
... I won't be able to try them soon though...
I'll be using mine when we head for Baja in three weeks . I'm hoping one pair of Skiveez means I don't have to pack three pair of bike shorts .

Dave
Old 01-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #60
Old_Lion
Crotchety Biker

Oddometer: 2,922
Tilley

http://www.tilley.com/Coolmax-Extreme-Briefs.aspx

purchased from

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/catalo...tilley&x=9&y=8

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/tilley...l-briefs-men-s

Dry overnite.

Cat's meow.